ServicePens: Pens For Servicemen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

I would love to turn some pens for our troops but
I'm very limited on money I'm disabled and don't
get much money.
I would love to help some how?

I will find a way to help you; when I get home next weekend, I'll see if I have some kits. I surely have blanks.
Once I've figured out how to get kits to you, I'll cover the cost of mailing blanks to you.
Click the Send Email message option under my name and email me your mailing address.

Thank you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

Small typo but I think everyone knows what I meant to write:

Just a thought: as of today, this thread has had more than 10,000 views.
Obviously, those are NOT unique viewers BUT
If each person who looks at this thread sends just ONE pen, we'd be able to donate thousands of pens to our Servicemen and women.
Please make a pen for our Servicemen and women.

Thank you.

Having thought about this again, what if each person who views this thread sent ONE pen PER VIEW.
That would produce more than 10,000 pens to donate to our Servicemen and women.

Please join me in participation. :wink:

Carl Fisher

I would love to turn some pens for our troops but
I'm very limited on money I'm disabled and don't
get much money.
I would love to help some how?

I have 4 kits left in my inventory that were set aside for troops pens. They are satin gold slimline pencil kits and I'll include a handful of blanks to go with them.

If you PM me your address, I can have them in the mail to you today if I get it in time, otherwise tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

GaryMGg

Carl,
The pens you made arrived safe and sound with kits for redistribution.
Nice workmanship.
Are those maple and mahogany or something else?
Thank you sir.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
FREEDOM PENS

You can use my real name.... I kinda like it :biggrin: and when you open the box you should find 15 not ten I made another 5 after I posted ...

GaryMGg

One box from William D. Newbern and one from David Newbern! :biggrin:
I'll open them during the week while I'm away from home after work; it'll give me something constructive to do in the evenings.
Thank you again.

Dragonlord85

Gary, if you still have some I would love to get some blanks from you to make pens for our service members. I remember when my son, (a U.S. Marine) was injured in Afghanistan and transported back to the states he received on of these pens at the hospital. Every one was so kind why were there and I would like to contribute back.

PM me with the details for payment of the blanks.

rkenly

pens coming

Gary -

I'll be putting some pens & pencils in mail real soon (next day or two)

Thanks for what you do, and thanks to Smitty for supplying kits at a good price.

8 pens & 5 pencils.

Picture isn't great - more for documentation.

Regards,

>>>Rod<<<

Attachments

• soldier-pens-mar2012a.jpg
    soldier-pens-mar2012a.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 152

GaryMGg

The conference is just a few more weeks away.
Still time to get pens to me for our Servicemen and women.
Don't delay; procrastinators need to complete their fixin' to do it. :biggrin:

Thank you kindly,
Gary

GaryMGg

Todd,
I received the 5 pens.
Thank you very much for your participation and contribution.

If anyone else is going to send Servicepens, please PM me via email for a different mailing address.

Thanks.

penmaker1967

u welcome gary i will do more for next year when i get a chance. i am going to comment myself to 20 next year and maybe more if i can get more time.

GaryMGg

As I organized the pens to prepare for delivery in mid-June, I ran a tally.
Last year, we delivered just over 720 pens.
This year, we're approaching 400.
There's still time to send your pens but I'm really wondering:

What can we do to hit 1,000 next year?

Thank you,
Gary

carpblaster

Thanks Kronewi,I am not sure which one it is in the navy i know it is LN2 he is a legalman,and just got frocked today,been in 8 years in november,I emaild them and waiting for a response , thanks
Rodney

Is there a project going on right now? My husband (Dave ) is active duty and works with the WTB. He has brought home 2 pens this last year. It would be really nice to contribute to such a program.
While it is wonderful to have someone think of the military and take the time to make these pens. They are poorly made. Nothing like I have seen in the pictures of pens for the military. The most recent pen has no finish, obvious tool gouges, areas that could actually give splinters, a crack and doesn't fit together right at the center.
I may sound a bit harsh and I apologize for that. I just want to contribute something we (Dave and I) would be proud to have someone carry.
For me it is about giving our service men and women our very best work. Giving them a tangible "Thank You" something that I took time out of my day to make m ear perfect because I want them to know how much I appreciate the sacrifices they make each and everyday to protect our nation. It is saying that while you are away at war, I thought of you and took time out of my "busy" schedule of sitting in my warm/air conditioned office to create something for you. I care about you and rather than just sending you some more baby wipes or beef jerky, I worked with my hands and created something that you can hold in your hand and see I am thankful for all you do.
My husband (Dave) has served 16 years in the Army and while he has been away at war I am continually thankful that a man of such integrity represents this nation in a small way, our service members are never thanked enough. They have not been given the respect over they years that they should have been.
If there is even one veteran on this thread I want to say Thank you for insuring my freedom and protecting my rights. Thank you for leaving a trail for others to follow. Thank you.

Well, I do believe I need to get off my soap box now. LOL
If there is a program please let us know. I am getting ready to place an order for some kits and I think I(again Dave, I just buy stuff) am good for 5-10 pens.

Heather(I do the posting) and Dave

GaryMGg

Heather,

I've been running the ServicePens program for several years.
Some details are in the first post of this thread.

The vast majority of pens donated are nicely made, high quality pens -- mostly slimline varieties and cigars.

I would be happy to have you and Dave contribute and participate.

Thank you
Gary

Heather,
You bring up a good and also complicated point. There are people who make pens and contribute to these type of programs and make great pens. There is also a lot of pens that get made on national holidays at wood working stores having a Turn for Troops event. These people have never used a lathe before and probably will never again. The one I helped with had everyone from Grandmas to children wanting to show their support. At the end of the day you are proud to have just been a part of the show of support for people in uniform. However you do have a batch of pens that were made by people that are less than beginners in about 10 minutes. All we can hope to do is get as many good pens out there as possible and pray that if a soldier gets one made by some 80 year old who wanted to make one because her son served in Vietnam and would have loved to have gotten anything as a thank you that they understand that what it lacks in finish it makes up in love.

jyreene

I have been around some Marines that received some of these. They offered me one and I accepted because there were more pens than Marines. While some of the pens were obviously done by some inexperienced hands not a single one scoffed at it. They all appreciated it and thought it was great to have a homemade pen. FWIW.

GaryMGg

Y'all need to give yourselves a big, big congratulations.
I updated the spreadsheet for this year's contributions: 1019 pens.
The presentation is Tuesday, June 25th.
Any pens which arrive today will be included.
Any pens received after today will be delivered with ServicePens 2014.

Thank you, one and all, for helping make this a successful honor to the
men and women who protect America and defend our liberty and freedom.

My most sincere appreciation to all y'all.

Top Bottom