ServicePens: Pens For Servicemen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

Hi y'all,

I'm collecting pens for our Servicemen and women and I'm hoping all of you will participate -- some more than once or twice.

I belong to a professional organization which supports our servicemen.
Each year at our previous annual conferences in June, we've donated $5,000.00 in phone cards to our Servicemen.
This year, I'm hoping to also collect and donate 5,000 pens.

So, here's your advanced notice:
Please help me by creating a pen or as many pens as you wish to donate to our Service men and women.

If you choose to participate, please mail your pen contributions to me at the address below and include a brief
description of each pen: material, finish, and kit. Also, if you have a business card, feel free to include one with each pen.

Thanks to all who participate.

My mailing address:

Gary Greenberg
PO Box 457
McIntosh, FL 32664

Edit in - 3/3/12: Contributions for the 2012 ServicePens project must arrive no later than June 4, 2012.
Any pens arriving too late to be delivered for the 2012 deadline will be used for the 2013 ServicePens project.

Last edited by a moderator:

broitblat

Hi y'all,

I'm collecting pens for our Servicemen and women and I'm hoping all of you will participate -- some more than once or twice.

Each year at our previous annual conferences in June, we've donated $5,000.00 in phone cards to our Servicemen.

Please help me by creating a pen or as many pens as you wish to donate to our Service men and women.

If you choose to participate, please mail your pen contributions to me at the address below and include a brief
description of each pen: material, finish, and kit. Also, if you have a business card, feel free to include one with each pen.

My mailing address:

Gary Greenberg
PO Box 457
McIntosh, FL 32664

Gary,

When is your deadline? I've been having a tough time getting shop time lately, and still have to finish a PITH pen, but I'd be happy to participate.

-Barry

penmaker1967

hi Gary i can do something for the service i have a good friend that just retired form the army i can do one in the colors of our flag when is the dead line because i to still have to finsh my pith project and my time will be very limited to what i can do after the first of sept because my fall festival start up the second sat in sept just email me or leave a messege on here
thanks
todd

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Slimlines

Hi y'all,

My mailing address:

Gary Greenberg
PO Box 457
McIntosh, FL 32664

A serviceman once told me that they (service folks) like slimline pens because the size is right for the sleeve where they tend to carry them. He was picking one for himself so I think he knew what he was talking about.

Gagler

From a Serviceman's Wife

Just to show you the pens are still appreciated after all of these years, I received this just yesterday from a childhood friend of mine (I sent her a pen for her husband, who is currently serving in Iraq):

"I think that it is neat you are a member of the pen turners. I also appreciate the fact they send pens to service members. It may not seem like a lot to most people, but to those guys over there just to know people at home are thinking about them is a huge deal. Plus it is something they can use. Please express my sincere thanks as a military wife to them the next time you get a chance."

GaryMGg

I'm glad to read these new posts. It may seem like a long time out but May will be here in no time.
I'm hopeful many will follow suit and make some pens for our service men and women.

THanks,
Gary

GaryMGg

Arriving home from working all week in Melbourne, I found two boxes of pens waiting for Servicemen.
Both boxes are from the same individual and all told they contain 25 pens.
I'll get pics uploaded as quickly as I can of these.
Bill, Thank you Sir. :)

jttheclockman

Hi y'all,

My mailing address:

Gary Greenberg
PO Box 457
McIntosh, FL 32664

A serviceman once told me that they (service folks) like slimline pens because the size is right for the sleeve where they tend to carry them. He was picking one for himself so I think he knew what he was talking about.

Is this true??? Has anyone else been told this??? I have some slimline pens laying around here that I will never use because I never make slimlines. But I will put them together and add them to the shipment. killing 2 birds with one stone as they say. Doing a good deed and cleaning old stock.

GaryMGg

John,
It's very true. My work schedule is such that I'm not getting on-line much these days.
However, I'll work harder to keep this in the forefront.
I need a couple of cohorts to help me get and keep the word out front.
I even obtained `blessings' from Ken and Neil; they approved and don't see it as a conflict.
I don't think we can show support our servicemen and women too much!!! :usflag:

penmaker1967

pen for service men and women

hi gary i am working on a pen for the service men and women i will try to get it done this weekend and i will add a few more to go with it. you are right we can never do enough for the service men and women they are hero's in my book.

hiharry626

My very first slimline will go straight to you, I don't know how it'll go, but hopefully the finish on it will be good.

Last edited:

penmaker1967

servicemen pen

hi gary i will have the pens ready to send out by mid week of next week i have a guy i work with that wants to see the new pen that i did for the servicemen and women hope they are up to par for them.

jaybird

This sounds so wonderful, I had just reciently joined this wonderful site and not sure if I'm considered a member or not, this is all new to me, I havent been turning all that long but got quite a few compliments on my pens I have turned, " am I elagible to for this and donate some", if so I had read that they seem to prefer the Slimline and could do some for this, I will be placeing an order at the beginning of the month and will order extra for this,

I can only order once maybe twice a month being on disability and fixed income but I will definitly order a few extra for this cause if I am elagable for this,,..

Jay......

GaryMGg

Jay,
You're eligible to donate to this cause if you choose.
These donations are not for sale. I will be giving the entire lot to the organization I'm a member of and they will be donating them to our servicemen and women at this year's annual seminar and training conference in June.
Feel free to contact me directly or thru the IAP if you have further questions.
At your service,
Gary

jaybird

Then you can count on me for some, as I said I cant place my order till beginning of month, I will have them in the mail to you shortly after that and I will PM you when I do so as you can be aware they are on their way,, thanks...

Jay..

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
This sounds so wonderful, I had just reciently joined this wonderful site and not sure if I'm considered a member or not, this is all new to me, I havent been turning all that long but got quite a few compliments on my pens I have turned, " am I elagible to for this and donate some", if so I had read that they seem to prefer the Slimline and could do some for this, I will be placeing an order at the beginning of the month and will order extra for this,

I can only order once maybe twice a month being on disability and fixed income but I will definitly order a few extra for this cause if I am elagable for this,,..

Jay......

Jaybird, you most certainly are a member of this wonderful family. Thank you for your willingness to contribute to this great cause. if you need a few extra blanks for this project just say the word. I'm willing to bet you will get more than you can handle.:wink:

jaybird

Thanks mike, as far as the blanks I should be ok I think, I have a few but nothing high-end I'm just a little guy just getting started in turning and if I see something I like and on sale or decient price I try to stock up a couple, I know this would be a good time to have something real nice to make for those who protect this wonderful country and I think I can do something with these, don,t get me wrong, if someone wanted to give up one or two I wouldent say no, I just don't know everyone well enough yet to ask, but I know I can make a few for this cause.

Jay...

snyiper

Jay send me your address Ill send you some stuff to work with if you like. I have a few extra slim kits you could do if you like.

CaptainKarma

I recieved a slimline from an organization when I was out here last year, and that is what got me interested in turning and subsequentyl finding this site. Thank you to everyone for joining in this effort. Unfortunately I am "down range" again so I haven't had the time to work on convincing the LOML to let me invest in this hobby. Mayby next year I'll be putting some new tools in the garage.

Everyone's ingenuity, creativity and generosity with their time and knowlege is greatly appreciated.

CaptainKarma

Oh and by the way. Staying fairly basic and inexpensive is probably the best to keep us Fly Boys, Jar Heads, Squids and Grunts from fighting over them.

penmaker1967

hi gary i have finally finshed the red white and blue pen that i am sending along with 6 other pens they are nothing fancy just slim lines but i showed them to a co-worker who is in the service and he told me that they would be good ones for the men and women hope they help out i will get them in the mail by the weekend. thanks for letting me help out our service men and women they are heros in my book and i wanted to do a little something to say thank you for all that you do..

GaryMGg

Hello Todd,
Thanks for making time to donate. I've been pretty sick this last week and today's the first day I saw your post.
They're repaving the USPS sidewalk in town; we'll check the mail later this week
(they don't deliver to our home where I live, hence the PO Box).

Thanks again,
Gary

gandsande

Hey Guys and Gals I want to say thank you to all that send anything over. I spent 9 months during Desert Storm many years ago with the USAF in fire protection (military talk for Fire Department). It was long and we were without the internet that now days exists for the service members. Anything from home especially non-family is helpful to moral.

That said I have an Uncle who is a chaplain with the Navy attached to a Marine division he has done now 4 tours. I have asked him for input on the pens. He tells me there are often debates on who got the better pen. So I guess the program is out there and well known about. I am going to be sending him some for his personnel stock soon but I'll happily drop a few in to this collection also.

I want to tell you all that the pens sent are small, but due to the fact that they need a pen or pencil all the times its one of the few items they can carry with them at all times.

Is anyone interested in doing a large order for the 3d clips? I have seen being sold by a few members on there sites. I think a marine or navy 3d clip would be cool add to these pens. If there is anyone interested maybe we can get a bulk price going.

Please PM me on that thought.

SO THANK YOU FROM ALL OF THE SERVICE"S AND RECIPIENTS OF THE PENS YOU ARE ALL SENDING....

Greg

penmaker1967

hi gary the pens are going in the mail monday afternoon sorry i didnt get them mailed last week but have been getting ready for a big show that i had in asheboro this weekend so they are going in the mail moday 10-4-2010 let me know when u get them and what u think of them i have lncluded a new one that i have tried thought it turned out very well

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
For a limited time, I will make this offer:
Anyone placing an order for $50 or more from Exotics can use the code "TROOPS" and purchase the TiGold slimline for $2.oo each up to 25 pens---the purpose of these is to make pens for the troops, but it is the "honor system' Only you know if you lie.

This will not work with the software, so you need to use the code in the comments and we will adjust manually---Open to PayPal payments ONLY!!! We will credit your account with the overpayment, when we ship. This purchase will NOT count toward the $250 free shipping policy on Exotics.

This offer is good until October 7. It MAY be extended, if I can afford to do so, depending on how many pens are taken. I hope you will not abuse it--and, actually, I don't think anyone on IAP will.

Let's send a big package to the troops for the holidays, eh??

Open to Pens for Canadian Troops, as well.
__

Andrew Arndts

Oh and by the way. Staying fairly basic and inexpensive is probably the best to keep us Fly Boys, Jar Heads, Squids and Grunts from fighting over them.

You better Smile when you say "Grunt":biggrin: Hero.

Whatever God you believe in Keep you and your unit personnel SAFE!

Andrew Arndts Spec-4 (ETS)
US Army Small Arms Repairer
On the Line, To the Line, IN TIME.

penmaker1967

u are very welcome hope they were what u were looking for what did u think of the red white and blue one was a first for me to do.

jaybird

When checking the mail today I noticed an extra package, wow now I will be able to send plenty of pens to this wonderful cause, I hope to have these out in the mail by the end of the week, I'm so glad I can be part of this even though its just turning a pen,

Thanks "snyiper"

jaybird

Gary the package went out this morning, I really hope they injoy all the pens everyone has sent, I almost dident sent two of them no matter what I did they just dident look quite right, I had took the finish off 3 times but still came out the same, must just be the wood type, my girlfriend and her parents looked them over and gave the thumbs up,,
for everyone that has contributed I just want to say "good job" ....

Great job guys!! I offer my sincere thanks to all service people out there.

I'd be sending you some of my pens, but I run the Canadian version of this for our men and women <see the Canadian Flag above>

Gary, you are doing a great thing!

For a limited time, I will make this offer:
Anyone placing an order for $50 or more from Exotics can use the code "TROOPS" and purchase the TiGold slimline for $2.oo each up to 25 pens---the purpose of these is to make pens for the troops, but it is the "honor system' Only you know if you lie.

This will not work with the software, so you need to use the code in the comments and we will adjust manually---Open to PayPal payments ONLY!!! We will credit your account with the overpayment, when we ship. This purchase will NOT count toward the $250 free shipping policy on Exotics.

This offer is good until October 7. It MAY be extended, if I can afford to do so, depending on how many pens are taken. I hope you will not abuse it--and, actually, I don't think anyone on IAP will.

Let's send a big package to the troops for the holidays, eh??

Open to Pens for Canadian Troops, as well.
__

Thanks Ed!!

Top Bottom