ServicePens 2014

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gregf

Finally!
Every year I have set a goal to make pens for this and felt guilty for failing.
No excuses.
I did recently score a large amount of widow sill material scraps from a remodel at work. An investment of a couple of pens made for the facilities guys paid large dividends.
This will cost me my membership in the Procrastinators Society. Oh that's right never got around to joining.

Attachments

• ptpens.JPG
    ptpens.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 187
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

For all those who contributed pens this year, please reply:

This year's NCMS Conference where we present the pens is a little different.
In the past, the pens are presented to the Color Guard and they distribute them to the Servicemen and women in their units and related battalions.

This years color guard may not have any deployed soldiers.
I need to know if anyone objects to the pens being given to The Joint Armed Forces Color Guard.
The Joint Armed Forces Color Guard is a Washington, DC based unit with men and women from the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard.

If you have an objection, please let me know by COB Thursday via private PM.

Thank you,
Gary

GaryMGg

Last call for ServicePens 2014. As we approach Memorial Day weekend, we're approaching the time for delivery to this year's recipients.
Please send those pens now!
Thank you to all who participate.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
18 pens on the way to you, Gary.
Each in a protective plastic tube with a personal note & an extra refill.

Thanks for coordinating this.
Edgar

Attachments

• ServicePens_2014.jpg
    ServicePens_2014.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 151

BJohn

For us new members, were can we get more information.

Is there a certain type pen ya'll turn or just what we would like to make. Is there a certain blank? Camo? red White & Blue?

Where would I send them when turned?

glenspens

I turn slims for most part for the troops because of the cost i can touch more troops that way . I guess you can trun what ever makes your boat float. I send all mine to GaryMGg and he gets them where they need to go and a Big Thanks to Gary for doing this. I am not sure that some people know what a little something from home does for the troops, I just know i loved anything i got back in the day when i was in.Let me get off the box now. Just do it as they say make 1 or 100 it will make someones day and you may just get a warm fuzzy along the way....now i am off the box

For all those who contributed pens this year, please reply:

This year's NCMS Conference where we present the pens is a little different.
In the past, the pens are presented to the Color Guard and they distribute them to the Servicemen and women in their units and related battalions.

This years color guard may not have any deployed soldiers.
I need to know if anyone objects to the pens being given to The Joint Armed Forces Color Guard.
The Joint Armed Forces Color Guard is a Washington, DC based unit with men and women from the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard.

If you have an objection, please let me know by COB Thursday via private PM.

Thank you,
Gary

With the Draw down that is happening, perhaps contacting the USO and see what they can do to assist in this venture.

GaryMGg

For us new members, were can we get more information.

Is there a certain type pen ya'll turn or just what we would like to make. Is there a certain blank? Camo? red White & Blue?

Where would I send them when turned?

Hi John,

All pens for our Servicemen and women are welcome.
There has been some discussion about it--some think slimlines are best because they fit the narrow pocket sleeve; others think it doesn't matter because it's a gift for life NOT just while they're in the service.
I'm of the opinion ANY pen you wish to make for a service man or woman to honor their service to our nation is the right pen!
All I ask is that you do your best work.

I look forward to your participation.

You may send the completed pens to me at:
ServicePens
c/o Gary Greenberg
275 W. Laila Dr
Melbourne, FL 32904

Again, thank you for honoring those who serve and protect our freedom and liberty.
Gary

plantman

I'm an active duty Soldiers that has served in Iraq and afghan. Acrylic pens are not an issue. I will say that most Soldiers that have a pen they really enjoy and cherish will not put it in our sleeve for fear of losing it. We will how ever keep them at our desk or some other safe location and use it when ever we can.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your service !!!! Jim S

Top Bottom