ServicePens 2014

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redbulldog

Gary; I was just reading that the pens for the Service Pens should not be plastic, it was called flashy pens, I was making Camo pens, I can change if need be, and no problem. I also have plenty of wood that I can use.

hornet406

Can someone point me to the information page for this great program you have going. I would like to commit myself... so if I could find a point of contact that would be great.

Mike - USN

GaryMGg

Can someone point me to the information page for this great program you have going. I would like to commit myself... so if I could find a point of contact that would be great.

Mike - USN

Hi Mike.
Click the link in my signature :biggrin:
Feel free to email me if you need any other details.
Thank you for your interest.

Waluy

I would definitely like to contribute to this. Are there any specifications I should keep in mind? I see someone posted they shouldn't be plastic so woods only, that's not a problem. Is there a specific type of pen they should be? Slimlines and Comforts ok? I think I could definitely do at least 10 slims for this.

GaryMGg

Hi Steve,

Slims and comforts are fine as are acrylics.
I don't know why anyone would put a limit on what may be contributed.
I realize slimline type pens fit the uniform sleeve pocket most easily.
However, the person receiving the pen will hopefully have it for a long lifetime and
they're likely going to have other places to wear and use the pen than during deployment.

Thank you
Gary

HMH

Tried clicking on the link in your signature and it just send me back to this thread. Is there another link?

Mark

Mike - USN

Hi Mike.
Click the link in my signature :biggrin:
Feel free to email me if you need any other details.
Thank you for your interest.

Exabian

I'm an active duty Soldiers that has served in Iraq and afghan. Acrylic pens are not an issue. I will say that most Soldiers that have a pen they really enjoy and cherish will not put it in our sleeve for fear of losing it. We will how ever keep them at our desk or some other safe location and use it when ever we can.

I hope this helps.

penmaker1967

i will try to get 10 or more done around the hoildays not sure if i will able to this year or not i got a very big order to do and it will make or break me from being able to do some but i will try my best to get at least 10 done over the thanksgiving hoilday.

GaryMGg

Hi Warren

The box of pens finally arrived.
Thank you for participating and contributing.

A quick note to all: Judy and I closed the PO BOX. Please be sure to ship the pens to:

ServicePens
c/o Gary G
275 W. Laila Dr
Melbourne, FL 32904

Thank you

Mike Powell

I know that with the new AF OCP uniform up to a designer style pen will fit easily in the pen pocket. Much bigger than that and they get tight. I brought two of the ones I made before I left, and my Designer is gone now. If the clips are not really tight against the body they fall out pretty quick.

marc snow

Hi Gary,

thank you for your comment on lumberjocks about my plane. I replied and hope you saw it. It is a plan from ToymakingPlans.com. I also am a member here. I try my hand and thumbs at many things...Happy Holidays to you and yours

marc

GaryMGg

Hi y'all. I'm just touching base to learn if anyone has any updates for me.
I'll be traveling some for Christmas vacation but am looking forward to seeing your workmanship in support of our Servicemen and women.

Thank you,
Gary

Mike Powell

As a military guy, I would make one request. Make sure that the clip is TIGHT agaisnt the body of the pen. I have lost a designer here because of that. They have taken our leg pen pocket away and all we have left is a forearm pocket.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Mike: In your opinion, what pen kits would be good choices?

Anybody else have an opinion of which kits are more useful than others?

juteck

I just finished 15, and have another 10 on the go. I'll get them in the mail as quickly as possible Gary!

Special thanks to Smitty's and Exotic Blanks for the kits, and the many blanks I've received from various members here in the PITH exchanges!

Pens-4-Troops-1_zpsab023c1d.jpg

Pens-4-Troops-2_zpsc36eb747.jpg

Lathemaster

Begun working on my contribution. Here are the first six. More kits arrived this week from Exotic Blanks and I've been casting and cutting all week. I am not usually a fan of the Slimline and Ant body but from what I've read I think they are the best fit for field use. With the exception of the first one on the left - White Lighting a freebee from Ed the rest are all my castings and stabilization. More shop time on Saturday.

Attachments

• SixBeautiesReadyToGO.jpg
    SixBeautiesReadyToGO.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 294

GaryMGg

Someone asked for the mailing address for the pens.

ServicePens
c/o Gary G
275 W Laila Dr
Melbourne, FL 32904

The pens will be delivered mid-June so if you're working on some, Git-R-Done!!! :biggrin:

Top Bottom