ServicePens 2013

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

boxxmaker

The last few yrs have been a little rough,but all is great now and, I WILL have some pens in the mail next week,I hope they like what I have for them.

juteck

Hi Gary -- I have a group of pens for the troops. Please PM details on how to package them and where to ship them.

IMG_4980_zps91a55aec.jpg

Rangertrek

20 Pens

Gary, I will have these 20 pens in the mail to you in the next few days. :)
I had planned to do at least 25; but, family issues have taken away from my time in the shop. :mad:

The pens are all Black Chrome, 9 Birch, 4 Cherry, 3 Paldao, and 4 Maple Gym Floor.

Attachments

• Group.jpg
    Group.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Birch.jpg
    Birch.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 125
  • Cherry.jpg
    Cherry.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 126
  • Paldao.jpg
    Paldao.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 110
  • Maple.jpg
    Maple.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 102

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Free kits

1 package of 10 kits free to the next 5 people who commit to making 10 pens for Service men...USA addresses only. When you post here enter a claim in my thread in the Trades and Deals market.

juteck

1 package of 10 kits free to the next 5 people who commit to making 10 pens for Service men...USA addresses only. When you post here enter a claim in my thread in the Trades and Deals market.

Smitty -- I'll commit to another 10 to send to Gary. Thanks for your support!

Karl_99

I will commit to turning 10 pens and will provide my own blanks.
I have already signed up at Smitty's post for the 10 donated kits.

What a great event!
Thank you, Karl_99

Carrick

Gary,

Just got back from the Gulf. Would love to participate. I will commit to 10 pen kits this year. Thank you for your organization on this project. It's an awesome endeavor.

GaryMGg

I've been working to get the generous contributions inventoried and photographed.
I'll make this a priority.

Thank you all for your continued support. I'm humbled.

GaryMGg

I owe a lot of you an apology for not staying on top of this better.
However, know the donations, contributions and heart-felt thank you to our Servicemen and women will be appreciated by the recipients.

I finally was able to play catch-up and get all the pen contributions inventoried and photographed last night.

New photos were added to the online album
https://picasaweb.google.com/GaryMG/ServicePens2013
and, I counted 518 pens last night.

I still need to reconcile the spreadsheet and commitments against the pens received.

One extremely important note: I want to offer my deepest Thanks to Ed Brown and Smitty,
who have made numerous and huge contributions to many of the pen makers who have donated pens and especially to my friend David Newbern.
When I completed the inventory last night, there were 5 boxes David sent totalling 230 pens!!!
Thank you sooooo much David. God Bless You.
DavidN5Boxes.jpg

DNewbern230.jpg

Donovan

I will buy 10 kits (Sierra's) from our local supplier. I work as an expat in Senegal in West Africa and get home every 3rd month. I am home in June and will be able to make all 10 pens.

Donovan

jyreene

I know I speak for all my fellow service members when I say what an awesome thing you guys are doing. It's things like this that make me even more grateful for the country that I serve and makes me really appreciate this site and all it's members/family all the more.

Thanks everyone.

Gary, on a side note I am curious how you distribute them. I don't know if I could actually help but I would like to try to at least get you in contact with the Marine Corps Wounded Warrior program as I feel they are the ones (not just wounded Marines but all wounded service members and vets alike) that truly deserve and need this kind if support.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I no longer have creeklines but if anyone wants to take on doing pens with a tenon for this project I'll give you a special price on SPW Classic Vintage Rollerball's. 10 for $26.00 shipped including Schmidt 888 refills.

Contact me via PM.

Smitty

woodwzrd

Between finishing up my Bachelors degree and working two jobs I finally finished up the ten kits I got from Smitty. I also had six slime kits and some comfort bands on hand so I put those together as well. They will hit the mailbox in the morning. Thanks for a great opportunity to be involved in such a noble effort.

Attachments

• Service Pens.jpg
    Service Pens.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 126
Top Bottom