September PITH Pairings and Teaser Pics!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

healeydays

Pen and a couple extras heading to Krash.

Here is a little hint on the pen...

Attachments

• Big-Ben-Photo.jpg
    Big-Ben-Photo.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 132

Brian G

Okay. I wish you luck. You're choice on the kind. :biggrin:

I have a trip planned this weekend for a visit to Ax-Man Surplus Stores for some supplies. I don't know what the supplies will be, but there's sure to be some there.

Woah... I can tell this'll be good.

I left empty-handed, although the iron lung for $95 intrigued me. I didn't think I needed a spare.

penmaker1967

i got my pen from glen pen he sent me a set pen and pencil it looks like it is one of the liberty pens kits not sure and some very nice blanks. i will see if i can get my camera to work and post a pic i asked him to post one if he took one so if he didnt i will see if i can get it to work. thanks glenn for the very nice set

Krash

Mine is on its way to ladycop, maybe already there.

Since it was for a lady, I didn't think steampunk was appropriate.

Can anybody guess what I sent her? :bananen_smilies027:

JasonC

Pink handcuffs?

Brown chicken, brown cow?

Sprung

Well, my PITH pen I'm making for juteck was going to be ready to go in the mail today. Unfortunately I had a catastrophic failure of both kit parts and lower tube when assembling. :eek: :frown: I've turned about 3 dozen pens so far, and this is the first one I've used metal in, but I learned some lessons!

The most unfortunate part is that the whole lower is now toast and what I used to make it was something I only had one of. :frown:

Fortunately I had one more of this kit on hand that I pulled the pieces I'll need from. Going to have to do something completely different for the lower tube now - might do what I did on the upper tube (cap), or might pursue another idea I've been thinking of since last night. Going to get back to work on it this weekend!

It's frustrating, because I liked what I had done, but I'm trying to think of it as a learning opportunity!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
My pen is ready to ship to Mark James.... tried out some rather "friendly" materials on the pen which I think came out quite interesting.... Enjoy!

Teaserbf_zpsb7b66cc8.jpg

Get the lead out Andy, I don't have anything to write with!!! :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Looking forward to seeing it.

toddlajoie

Finally done

I got the pen all finished up for Jim (BayouPenturner).

I'm not sure how close it adheres to the "Steampunk" motif, but it is certainly unusual, interesting, and IMO came out really cool, in a totally abnormal sort of way. I'm hoping to get it in the mail Monday, so I'm a little behind the deadline, but I've got a pile of mistakes, I mean "learning examples" to justify the extra time...

I had 3 or 4 ideas in the beginning, none of which worked out, and have a couple of ideas I tried that I'm going to have to re-visit another time...

I'm not sure Lego Han Solo really approves of this tho...

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0188.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 331

Si90

Very nice, I like it.

Your additions go really well with the PSI Steampunk kit. I like the black tube, did you just paint it? The combination of the different colours is really effective.

JasonC

Very nice, I like it.

Your additions go really well with the PSI Steampunk kit. I like the black tube, did you just paint it? The combination of the different colours is really effective.

Thanks, Simon.

I used the kit tube and added bits to it. The black is lacquer from a spray can. I buffed back down to brass on each tube and the gears then shot the piece with clear lacquer. I felt raw (or antiqued) brass in the center would look out of place so I continued the black/brass theme from the kit hardware where the "barrels" of the gatling gun are. Basically, I wanted the center section to look like it belonged there.

Here's an end view photo I took where I fishmouthed the two "hatch" tubes to fit.
1977286_840039336028927_1261349379854440211_n.jpg

I chose brass tube that would keep the outer dimension of the center section pretty much in line outer dimensions of the kit hardware and mimicked the gatling gun spacing.
10519703_840154432684084_4882826752104563381_o.jpg

Last edited:

Lathemaster

And bringing up the rear

Mine should ship tomorrow. I want to take a few pictures after work.

I want to thank Fordwakeman for his infinite patience. First attempt at Steampunk and between life and over thinking this I really got behind.

Only teaser I have is that I have called the pen "Off The Grid". I have created a video while turning the pen barrel and I'll post a link to the video when I'm sure Darin has received this package.

Cheers
Mike

Top Bottom