September PITH pairings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
By the time it was all said and done we had 9 people to participate in this PITH. There were some without pictures, some let me know they couldn't post pictures so I'm letting all were signed up at the end play. The pairings are as follows.

BayouPenturner....penmaker1967
Joe S..................Alzey
Displaced Canadian..vebax
evan bahr...........Nikitas
glenspens...........Leviblue

In the interest of full disclosure, There was 9 people signed up so I put my name in to even things up. If anyone out there who didn't quite make it in but still wants to send me a PM and I'll let you take my place. Thank you to all who participated. Please keep me posted on how the swap is going.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmaker1967

me and bayoupenturner have made contack his pen will be in the mail by monday of next week due to me havin g a big show this week would not have time to get to the post office before they close each day. have let him know that and he is fine with it

Joe S.

Got this awesome pen from Alzey today, plus some cool blanks (one of which was shockingly pink!) as packing material. Great pen for the September PITH.

Attachments

• DSC_0914.JPG
    DSC_0914.JPG
    227.9 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC_0915.JPG
    DSC_0915.JPG
    253.3 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC_0916.JPG
    DSC_0916.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 156

penmaker1967

got my pen today a very nice pen that will make a good add to my collection. i will see if i can get my camera to work in the next few days

Alzey

It's a virage rollerball, I think... It's a sweet pen either way!

Yes it is a Virage rollerball from Exotic Blanks. The wood is a pine 1x4 I found in my Grandfather's cabinet shop. My guess is that board has been laying up in that shop for more that 30 years. It had a nice knot pattern in it, so I centered that on the lower barrel. The fist cap exploded on me, so I used another cut off to make the lid. The cut was not long neigh and the grain wouldn't have matched. So I segmented some aluminum sheathing and some dark wood cut offs I had in a bucket. Success!!! :). The finish is CA that was wet sanded through all the MM pads followed by Novus2 and Ren Wax.

Joe I am glad you like it. The pictures you took were awesome. May I use the pictures elsewhere on this forum (with credit of course)?

glenspens

got my pith pen

Leviblue ...Thanks for the pen and blanks. Its a LeRoi w/pine, alum and walnut

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 116
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG