September 2015 PITH Picture posting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hcpens

:bananen_smilies068:OK here we go, lets get those pictures posted.

:RockOn:Old Bessie have already completed the project and is ready to send it out.

Harley2001

Here's one this is part of Jontello pen

Attachments

• image-574974855.jpg
    image-574974855.jpg
    488.3 KB · Views: 393

DigBaddy72

My PITH goodies!

Here is what I got from elkhorn! A very awesome looking Triton pen (first one in my collection) with a cool autumn themed blank. And a peach fuzz blank and (because I live in Cow Town USA) a Holstein blank.

Thanks again John! The bar has been raised.

Attachments

• 20150920_131642.jpg
    20150920_131642.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:

elkhorn

Thanks, all! These events are a lot of fun. Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks for setting it up, Richard.

Jontello

Kitless Pen from Harley2001

Received my pen today from John (Harley2001) and it is a thing of beauty!!!

It is a kitless fountain pen made from Ebonite. It is super light weight and a perfect size (Large) since i have bigger hands. Here are a couple pics of the pens and the beautiful blanks he sent with them. Thanks John. Hope to learn how to make kitless pens some day. Maybe I will swing by your shop sometime and you could show me how?

I am finishing up yours....Here is a hint of what I am working with....LEAVES in different colors.

Attachments

• 15_09 Pens-5.jpg
    15_09 Pens-5.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 347
  • 15_09 Pens-4.jpg
    15_09 Pens-4.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 275
  • 15_09 Pens-3.jpg
    15_09 Pens-3.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 283
  • 15_09 Pens-2.jpg
    15_09 Pens-2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 260
  • 15_09 Pens-1.jpg
    15_09 Pens-1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Today I finished my pen for TwinkE - being mailed out tomorrow... :biggrin:

Some teaser pics...

With the theme being the "Autumn Season": I usually have lots of time spent raking leaves and shoveling bucket loads of Beech Nuts; Shagbark Hickory Nuts; Walnuts; Acorns; etc.... Not fun... But (a few trimmings have been saved :tongue:).

Photo One: See any pen blanks out there?

Photo Two: Some of the future blanks!

Photo Three: My pen included two of these!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2336.jpg
    IMG_2336.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_2335.jpg
    IMG_2335.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_2333.jpg
    IMG_2333.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:

TwinkE

Some teaser pics...

With the theme being the "Autumn Season": I usually have lots of time spent raking leaves and shoveling bucket loads of Beech Nuts; Shagbark Hickory Nuts; Walnuts; Acorns; etc.... Not fun... But (a few trimmings have been saved :tongue:).

Wow, those are some nice blanks. I especially like the color in the hickory one. I can't wait to see what's coming.

Old Bessie

Passed Away Sep 13, 2016
In Memoriam
I kind of think that my PITH package must have really sucked. I sent it out right away and tracking shows it was delivered. My swap partner hasn't even logged in here in a week. My excitement for this has waned. I guess I should have waited a few more years until I was good enough. Sorry partner.:embarrassed:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

Some teaser pics...

Wow, those are some nice blanks. I especially like the color in the hickory one. I can't wait to see what's coming.

Hi Kevin:

When I said they were a teaser... I actually was "teasing" As I used the pen today to put it through its chores, I just didn't like a few things. SO... Tonight I started a new pen - almost done - will be easy, peasy tomorrow; just too pooped to finish it this late (been up since 1:30 AM). Just a few tweaks! Sorry for the false start, but you'll get some nice shagbark hickory blanks - they are nice to turn!!!

Take Care Kevin!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I kind of think that my PITH package must have really sucked. I sent it out right away and tracking shows it was delivered. My swap partner hasn't even logged in here in a week. My excitement for this has waned. I guess I should have waited a few more years until I was good enough. Sorry partner.:embarrassed:

Be patient! Your partner is even newer than you are. Maybe life has thrown him a curveball this week. I want to get mine done, but after 12 hr days, It will take a slight bit longer. And the actual deadline is not looming yet.

hcpens

Way to go guy's, the pictures are great! We still have a little over a month, so don't fret about your partner not responding - I work a full time job, and PT job turning pens and stuff, not much time for anything else.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK AND THANKS FOR JOINING IN.:laugh:

Cwalker935

Got my PITH package from Scotty yesterday, two sweet pens and a bunch of great blanks. Both pens are special, the slimline especially so. Here is what Scotty said about the pens: "The fall theme reminded me of shorter days and colorful mountains. The little short bolt action fit that description. The slim was made by a 15 year old boy in a village in the Amazon in Brazil. On a mission trip there, I took a lathe and some kits and taught 5 young men to turn. They were under the "wing" of a missionary there, and gave them something to do other than get into trouble. Within two months, they had an order for a thousand pens. We had to get them another lathe to keep up with the demand." Scotty did a special thing for those young men.

image.jpg

TwinkE

I got some new pens from mark james on Friday and they are awesome. The body shapes are different between the two and they both feel great. He also sent me a ton of blanks, most of which came from his property. I've now got some blanks to experiment with on new semi-kitless pens.

Thanks Mark!

Attachments

• IMG_2719.jpg
    IMG_2719.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_2728.jpg
    IMG_2728.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_2721.jpg
    IMG_2721.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 193

tomtedesco

WOW! MikeinSC sent me his pen from the swap and it is outstanding. It is a segmented pen with metal striping that blows me away. Excellent job on the fit and finish. Also included six blanks cast by him in different colors, granddaughter has already claimed two. I have been unable to post a picture of the pen and will impose on Mike to post his photo.

builtbybill

Received my pen from builtbybill today! Hand-made polymer clay blank on a Gold Titanium Le Roi Elegant Royale...I am super impressed with the craftsmanship! First PITH of me, I will definitely participate again!

Thanks Bill!

I am so glad you liked it, very nervous being my first PITH.

Skie_M

I get the nasty suspicion that tomorrow night's news will cover a story in Colorado where an anxious man accidentally super-glued himself to his mailbox while waiting for the mail to arrive...

Either that, or we'll hear from a very overjoyed and hopefully super-glue free woodturner who finally got his awaited pen in the mail.

hcpens

Picture Posting

New rule for the next PITH: IF you don't post a picture so everyone can enjoy - you will have to volunteer to be the chairperson for the next PITH.:biggrin:

To those that have posted (and not) GREAT JOB !!!! VERY talented members out there, love what the newer members have done.:banana:

Last edited:

Skie_M

Oh no, I can't do that. He'll get the pens tomorrow and he'll post the pics, or he'll let me know if he needs me to post the ones I took before packing.

I know that he's having issues making my pen ... I'm patient, I'll wait. :)

But ... I suppose I can post a pic of the 2 blanks I sent him with the "packaging materials".

attachment.php

The two blanks, are, of course, the alabaster stone blanks ... 2nd and 3rd from the top in the picture (horizontally). I couldn't risk them flying about in a nearly empty box, scratching up the pen and all, and so I had to fill the whole box up to keep the stone blanks and the pen safe. And I figured he could use some random wood, so I selected from amongst my best blanks for decent packing materials.

Attachments

• blanks.jpg
    blanks.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 543

hcpens

Ski_M, very nice looking blanks. Yes we are not to post till each other member gets their pen and blanks or close to it.

Thank for joining in and hope you had fun, see you next time if possible.

wyone

I really appreciate your patience Ski M... things well you know.. just not back to normal.. and doubt they ever will be, so been spending every spare moment beside my wife rather than setting up the workshop. All a matter if priorities at this time, but I will make you something awesome I swear! And so appreciative of you!! Will be checking my mailbox as soon as the mail person delivers! :) :)

Harley2001

Got my Pith today from Jontello this. Thing is outstanding it's a peace of art the pen and the stand and the blanks are very nice the photos don't do it justice.thank you for that art work .it is all hand painted.Jon you are a artist.

Attachments

• image-925619344.jpg
    image-925619344.jpg
    768.5 KB · Views: 263
  • image-2651704431.jpg
    image-2651704431.jpg
    702.3 KB · Views: 160
  • image-3364854663.jpg
    image-3364854663.jpg
    686.2 KB · Views: 207
  • image-2101066250.jpg
    image-2101066250.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 150

builtbybill

Received my PITH yesterday from aerosupra. It is a chrome Cigar pen made with an Imbuya blank, impeccable craftsmenship perfect fit and finish. Love cigars, one of my favorite carry pens. Along with the pen there were some very nice blanks, especially a Cocobolo/Maple nlank that I cannot wait to turn. This was my first PITH and I am hooked, cannot wait till the next one.
Great job John, thanks!

Bill

Attachments

• WAH_0427a.jpg
    WAH_0427a.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:

Jontello

Harley2001. I am glad you liked it. This was my first pen swap and a bit intimidated by your pen which is amazing as well. Enjoy the art and the pen! Hopefully some day I will learn to do kit less pens.

Top Bottom