September 2015 Pen In The Hat (PITH)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hcpens

Youngster, short growing adults, those wishing to be adults!

Thanks Mr. Vic.:bananen_smilies026:

We now have two members willing and able to pen swap with any talent range of those that may feel but I am sure are not, less than able to contribute to the 2015 September PITH Pen Blank swap. All are welcome, so sign up and if you are a new member in 2015, you will get five, YES 5 new blanks just for joining in the fun.

You have until Sept 14 to sign up, meet new friends, and join in the fun.:bananen_smilies068:

truckfixr

My grand daughter decided to not sign up this time around due to all she has going on with school. That being said, I'm with Mr Vic. I would be more than happy to partner up with one of our younger or less experienced members.

Old Bessie

Passed Away Sep 13, 2016
In Memoriam
I now have some trepidation. I am not the "master class" pen turner that some of these entrants are. I make nice pens, with decent woods and burls, but not really fancy pen kits. I am a "newbie" as they say. A very old newbie, but a newbie nonetheless. I have read and re read this post and still have a slight misunderstanding to what transpires, as I see it I make a pen, select 2 of my blanks, and send them to a member that I am paired with and receive in return-a pen and two blanks that they choose. What is it that I have missed? Beyond what I have stated, I am a little confused....Sorry, but I must also state that I am disabled and get muddled trying to keep up with things when they change.

By the by, I have already made and selected a wonderful pen and have 2 wonderful blanks set aside!

Am I a worry wort--perhaps. Walk a mile in my shoe, or spend a day in my place and you'd understand my consternation. Sorry if all of this is for nought.

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
You have missed nothing. You do not have to be a Master pen maker. Just do your best.
Your not being judged against anyone elses work, you will judge yourself harsher than the guy who you trade with. Even the "Master pen Makers" if there is such a thing understand that there are all levels of pen makers and they appreciate your best efforts. This is about participation and connecting to other pen makers.

lorbay

I now have some trepidation. I am not the "master class" pen turner that some of these entrants are. I make nice pens, with decent woods and burls, but not really fancy pen kits. I am a "newbie" as they say. A very old newbie, but a newbie nonetheless. I have read and re read this post and still have a slight misunderstanding to what transpires, as I see it I make a pen, select 2 of my blanks, and send them to a member that I am paired with and receive in return-a pen and two blanks that they choose. What is it that I have missed? Beyond what I have stated, I am a little confused....Sorry, but I must also state that I am disabled and get muddled trying to keep up with things when they change.

By the by, I have already made and selected a wonderful pen and have 2 wonderful blanks set aside!

Am I a worry wort--perhaps. Walk a mile in my shoe, or spend a day in my place and you'd understand my consternation. Sorry if all of this is for nought.

Well Wll I don't think you are missing too much. Everyone knows what they are signing up for so a newbie or an oldie you should be aware that you are exchanging with a mixed bag of pen turners. The thing you should be aware of is the theme of the pen. Good luck.
Lin

hcpens

NEW (2015) MEMBERS JOINING IN get 5 free blanks!

Old Bessie,

Have no fear, this is all in fun:bananen_smilies051:, and you will receive 2 acrylic blanks for BSea
and 3 wood blanks from me, just for joining in.

Thanks for signing up.

manleymaille, & flyitfast. GREAT to have you join in on the FUN, and again thanks for signing up.

Last edited:

hcpens

FREE FREE FREE!!! OK - NEW MEMBERS (2015)

ALL NEW members signing up to have fun and meet other members, will now be getting 2 acrylic and 8, YES EIGHT wood blanks:bananen_smilies027:, JUST for signing up for the 2015 PITH PEN / BLANK SWAP.

This is in part to the generous gift from BSea, HCPENS, and an anonymous donor.:banana:

Hurry and signup, you have till the 14th of Sept to get into the fun and meet others.

Remember you WILL NOT be JUDGED by your peres, just by yourself. This is for FUN and the excitement of getting unknown blanks for your turning pleasure.:RockOn:

KenV

Am already signed up -- but I am good with most anything you want to throw my way -- any skill level any place. This is for FUN!!!

hcpens

GEtting closer to the 100th sign up! I know you won;t let this Texas's guy down

KenV and Krash, are looking to party hardy:bananen_smilies027: (or just turn some pens) thanks for signing up.

hcpens

SFB of blanks

OK, looks like I am going have to get into my basement's secret room:confused: and pull out the BIG BOYs box of blanks and up my part of the 3 free wood blanks to FIVE (5) to any new member, 2015, that signs up.

:eek:The LAST member or NEW Member(2015) that sign's up by 08:00 AM CST on Monday will get a SFB of blanks.

Don't forgot about the new friends you will meet by exchanging pens with other members, not mention the 2 acrylic and NOW five wood blanks you get.

hcpens

YEA!!!!!:RockOn:

peterborough66 is the latest PITH sign up - he might just get that SFB of blanks, unless someone else signs up.:bananen_smilies035:

hcpens

PITH 2015

:bananen_smilies047:Looks like aerosupra is going to get the SFRB of wood pen blanks, only have till 0800 am to sign up.

All new members for 2015 that have or do sign up before the cutoff will still get 2 acrylic and 8 wood blanks, I am throwing in to the hat a box of wood pen blanks to the last person that signs up by 0800 am on the 14th of Sept.:wink:

hcpens

Full size 5 3/4 x 3/4" Stabilized Blanks up for grabs in the PITH swap

:beat-up:OK, looks like "Jeff turns" has sneaked in with only 15 hours before the deadline to claim the FREE box of blanks, will someone knock him out at the last second. Stay tuned to see who gets the goodies.:biggrin:

hcpens

Pete275 is in the home stretch for PITH and BOX of BLANKS

:RockOn::bananen_smilies104::bananen_smilies068::bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies039::bananen_smilies027::bananen_smilies022::bananen_smilies019::bananen_smilies047:

Old Bessie

Passed Away Sep 13, 2016
In Memoriam
I feel like a kid at Christmas.......my very 1st P.I.T.H. contest is almost here! Very excited! This is the best site I have ever found. Honestly, I spend so much time here reading and admiring everything. Finding this site came at a perfect time for me. Thank you very much for making such a site and even more, thank you for letting me be a small part of it. It means the world to me. You'll never know. Thanks! ~Old Bessie

hcpens

2015 PITH SWAP is in the finial minutes (15-20)

:biggrin:Looks like Blackwood will the winner of the extra box of blanks, along with a couple of new friends and a new surprize pen.:turtle:

hcpens

Down to the wire 2 minutes left to signup for the 2015 PITH swap

Blackwood is in the running for the free box of blanks, being the last so far to sign up.:rolleyes:

hcpens

Time is up on the signup part of the 2015 PEN IN THE HAT swap

:biggrin:Blackwood won the extra box of pen blanks from me, congrat's. will have the list of signup WINNERS in a few moments.

Thank to all that have signed up.:cool:

hcpens

List of sign ups -pairing in progress - Thanks to all that have signed up.

BSea
Harley2001
Spiderman
ladycop322
Edward Cypher
mike4066
Brooks803
Tieflyer
jsolie
liljohn1368
edohmann
PenPal
Mr Vic
Jontello
Brian Frank
Scotty
DigBaddy72
truckfixr
tomtedesco
Cwalker935
Leo S. Long
plantman
penmaker1967
elkhorn
larrystephens
Seer
KenV
USNR'03
sumterdad
builtbybill
John Smith
blade.white
Argo13
whteglve
Skie_M
MikeinSC
Chrimsonkeel
Fordwakeman
Badfrog
mrgator
Smitty37
hippi
evan_bahr
bmac
allmclean
mark James
sprung
En Pens
mecompco
DLesan
Cory45
Kendallqn
Brian G
preacherman
Sabaharr
skewed-logic
wyone
epigolucky
Old Bessie
lorbay
manleymaille
flyitfast
Krash
TwinkE
peterborough66
aerosupra
Jeff turns
Pete275
alankulwicki7
Blackwood

Let me know if I missed your name, we have an even 70 members with 12 new members signing up.
Will have the pairing around noon CST.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom