Segmented Box!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DurocShark

SIGNUPS ARE CLOSED!

Before anyone asks, yes this event has the blessing of the leprechaun!!

Cav

Segmented Blank Box

I haven't seen a segmented blank box go out and thought this would be a great opportunity for us to see each other's work in person.

This is for ANY segmented blank. From a simple band to a 360 to feathers to stripes to whatever. Any materials too. Wood, poly, metal, etc.

Any questions, send me a PM. I'm happy to help in any way.

Here we go, and thanks for participating!

Guidelines and Rules

Let's keep this process as simple as possible. I know we'd all rather be playing in the shop than mucking about with shipping and rules and whatnot. (Well most of us anyway…)

Dates

• Signups: Signups will be accepted until Friday, April 23. NOW EXTENDED THROUGH SUNDAY, APRIL 25!!!
  • Initial Box Shipping: The box will leave my place on Tuesday, April 27.
Participation

• Eligibility: If you can make a segmented blank of some kind, you can participate.
  • International: This is open to ALL segmented blank makers. If you cannot ship internationally, please let me know so I can arrange the shipping order to accommodate.
  • Signup: Post in this thread your interest, then PM me with your shipping information.
  • Classes: I will make no distinctions about skill levels. Shipping order will be based on geographic location to (hopefully) keep the box in your hands, not the mailman's.
Take-a-Blank, Leave-a-Blank
One of the things I love about this place is the generosity of everybody here. However, in the boxes that can be a detriment. Let's keep it a small flat rate box for cheaper shipping! That means if you take one blank, you leave one blank. If you take 5 blanks, you leave 5 blanks. Please don't add more! No supplies or pen kits in this one either. Strictly segmented blanks only.

The Mystery of the Camping Box
Let's limit the time ya'll hold onto this box to one week. That's 7 days. NO LONGER! If you have the box longer, we'll harass you without mercy. The box doesn't want to be camping. It wants to be a rolling stone!

Notifications
When you receive the box, please notify the sender and me via PM. (A post to the photo thread works too…) When you ship the box notify your recipient and me as well. This will hopefully avoid any disappearances and alert the recipient that he/she needs to get on the ball with a blank!

Photos
While photos of the box during this process are not required, they do help keep everybody interested and excited. If you don't know how to post pics here, please PM me. The IAP site has two methods of hosting the pics if you don't have a place yourself. I can help with that too. I will gather all posted pics into a gallery. Photos of pens made from the blanks are also welcome!

Seeding the Box
I'm just a duffer with segmented blanks, so if anybody wants to help me seed the initial box, please send me a PM. I can use all the help I can get. :wink:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crashmph

Count me IN!!! This ought to be fun.

Suggestion: Maybe we should mark your blank with your screen name or real name so others can identify each others segmented work.

Last edited:

DurocShark

Count me IN!!! This ought to be fun.

Suggestion: Maybe we should mark your blank with your screen name or real name so others can identify each others segmented work.

That's a great idea! I won't make it a rule or anything, but I think it would rock!

DurocShark

Too bad I'm not one of 'em. :wink:

Had a whole batch blow up. I decided to try using Gorilla glue. Popped a batch out of the clamps last night. I had forgotten about its expansion and didn't caul the top of the glue up.
:eek:

Top Bottom