SECOND Superbowl Pool

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobleibo

I'll take responsibility for playing any and all squares you put me in in addition to the 1 in each pool I originally signed up for. Whatever it takes to ensure the event is a success.

Hi Landon
Do you want me to hold up on filling this one up with your name? This one has about 75 spots still open....you'd have a 3 in 4 chance of winning but if your luck runs like mine, I could have 99 out of 100 spaces and still not win. Since the second pool is kind of dragging, I'd venture out there and say that if you want a handful, I'll put them down right now. Not sure which way you want to go. We still have time to wait before you throw yourself on the grenade.

Cheers
Bob

Last edited:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
How about this: I will toss out a challenge to everyone to jump in and split whatever is left with me. If no one wants to take that challenge I'll do as I said and accept whatever happens win, lose, or win.:biggrin: I don't mind sending blanks to myself. :wink: Seriously, come on guys/gals jump in a help fill this thing out. Thanks Bob,

Landon

bobleibo

Rob, Landon and Scott.......
I love the challenges, especially since I am not competetive (Yeah, RIGHT! if only you knew !)
Before I "fill her up" so to speak, I better toss this out there -
Right now there are 63 spaces open and if each of you take 21 to fill it up, 2 of you are going to be sending blanks to ABOUT 80 people - give or take (if someone has 2 squares and they win twice, they get blanks from everyone twice). Could get pretty costly. Are you sure you don't want to let this thing run its' course for a few more days before you toss yourselves on the grenade? Could potentialy be a pretty big BOOM. Once we get close, if you guys want to split up the remaining squares, then it is all yours.

I will let you guys decide...maybe you can exchange a few PM's between you.

I really appreciate your guys trying to get this second pool moving.....the first one filled up in less than 24 hours!

Keep me posted.........I am open to suggestions from everyone.

Cheers
Bob

Last edited:

bobleibo

Just so everoyne out there knows.........
In these pools, if you "buy" 2 squares (or more) and neither one wins, you end up sending blanks to the winner of each quarter that your squares fall in - thus you could end up sending blanks to 2 different people.
Then again, you could also win twice in the same game which means you would get blanks from 25 different people in 2 seperate quarters which ends up meaning you would end up with about 150-200 blanks.

In simple terms....if you have 2 squares and both lose, you send the winner 3-5 blanks for each quarter that your squares are in. If you only have 1 square, you only send blanks once - hope that helps

Decisions, decisions, decisions.........

I think Vegas is calling!

Last edited:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I am happy with waiting to give everyone a chance to play. If there are some left over I would be glad to fill in so that it doesn't die.
I will stand by my challenge, Let it run as long as you see fit, I'll do what I said I would at the time you close it up. I did the math and realized the situation.:befuddled: If the others who took my challenge want to bail on me, :eek: I'll still honor my big mouth.:wink:. I don't want it to die:crying:, so I've said my piece now how about some more folks jumping in to bail my butt out. :biggrin: Thanks Rob and Scott, assuming you stick with me.:tongue::highfive:

rjwolfe3

With ya all the way to the end!

I will stand by my challenge, Let it run as long as you see fit, I'll do what I said I would at the time you close it up. I did the math and realized the situation.:befuddled: If the others who took my challenge want to bail on me, :eek: I'll still honor my big mouth.:wink:. I don't want it to die:crying:, so I've said my piece now how about some more folks jumping in to bail my butt out. :biggrin: Thanks Rob and Scott, assuming you stick with me.:tongue::highfive:

Karin Voorhis

Count me in Ill take a second chance. Although don't tell anyone about me and football pool! I just love Blanks and pen turning! no one would believe I was in a football pool! hahaha

If you need a free spot for a newbie not in either you can kick me out otherwise Count me in!

Jmhoff10500

Ill take two, hopefully in different quarters unless you need my other spot for someone else... Thanks!

Hi John.....
Just so I am clear...how many spots doo you want in THIS pool? From the looks of it, getting a few won't be a problem.
Thanks
Bob

dustmaker

Oh, I guess I missed the bit about being allowed multiple spots. Please put me down for another and if there is the need I will be willing to go for more as well to ensure the events success.

Karin Voorhis

You can throw me down for 2 more spots. I have no clue what I am doing here but I am happy to send blanks if I loose and even more happy if a package of blanks arrive at the house if I win!!!! So I believe 1 in the first pool and than that will be 3 spots in this pool hope that helps.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
For all of our volunteer grenade testers -

when we get closer, I'll find let you know how many squares there are left to split up and see how many you still want to jump on top of......right now there are 66 space still open.

Good Luck everyone!
I think I started a "grenade war". :eek:

sgimbel

Bob, Rob and Landon,

I stuck my foot into it and I only have about 30 blanks on hand. I'd have to go buy blanks so I'm afraid I need to limit myself to 5 squares on the 2nd pool. Sorry
MAKE THAT 8 SQUARES! I'm a team player

Last edited:

sgimbel

Bobleibo, A small bone to pick with you. I think I read somewhere in the threads that if you win you will draw a name and donate your winnings to someone else. I've run many $$ pools and once you put out the charts unless you can influence a team you have just as much right to WIN OR LOSE as the rest of us. What do the other IAP members think? He is putting a lot of time in this so we have something to route for on Superbowl Sunday.

dustmaker

I'd have to agree with you Scott. The grid is posted before game time, so I don't see any reason why he should be disqualified in any way. Bobleibo, you have as much or more right to win as anyone else!

bobleibo

Bobleibo, A small bone to pick with you. I think I read somewhere in the threads that if you win you will draw a name and donate your winnings to someone else. I've run many $$ pools and once you put out the charts unless you can influence a team you have just as much right to WIN OR LOSE as the rest of us. What do the other IAP members think? He is putting a lot of time in this so we have something to route for on Superbowl Sunday.

I really appreciate the thought from everyone.....being a pool that is being done from all over the country and no one actually seeing the drawing of the squares (done by me) or numbers (done by a friend after the squares were filled in) I just didn't want to present any appearances of having any unfair advantage if I just happened to win a quarter. IT WOULD BE JUST MY LUCK...WHY COULDN'T IT HAPPEN WITH THE BIG $$ POOLS, NEVER HAS. Some folks are pretty serious about these pools.

I enjoy doing these and really consider it my way of saying thank you to everyone out there who has given me so much information on this site, a very small price to pay.

Again, thank you...I think I'll stick with the original plan.....it would be a blast to get to draw a name out of a hat if it happens!

Good Luck everyone!
Bob

Good Luck everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom