Rules for IAP Activities

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
IAP Raffles, Swaps (blanks, pens or whatever) and Other Activities

First and foremost, as per the Terms of Service, all fund raisers of any kind will be for site support.

If you have an idea for a fund raiser, want to start a blank swap, pen swap or some other activity that will involve the membership as a whole, you must run the idea by me. If it meets the Terms of Service, I will assist you in organizing the event. That does not mean I will run the event, however I will help you in every way I can.

I will not get involved in local chapter activities. However, local chapters must remember that everything posted at the IAP site is subject to the TOS. If you wish to run a local fund raiser, it must be conducted locally, and not on the IAP forum.

If your proposed event involves raising money and meets the TOS, we will use my PayPal address for purchase of tickets. Once the event concludes, I will send a check to Jeff Brown for the proceeds less PayPal fees. This has worked well for us in the past and I see no reason to change.

If we have another event going on when you propose your idea, your project may be delayed to avoid having too much going on at one time. Do not be offended; just remember that the primary focus of the IAP is penturning and the exchange of knowledge between members.

We will not have frequent fund raisers. This is a free forum and too many fund raisers can risk the appearance of making it a money raising forum. We all want this to be a great place to visit without the routine requests for money.

If there are any problems with the event, let me handle them. For example, if a member does not keep their commitment to swap pens, blanks, or whatever, report that to me. I will try to contact the member and find out what is the problem. If I cannot solve the problem, I will put the member's name on a list. When we have another swap event, I will check my list and delete any member on this list. To get off this list, the member must honor their commitment for the preceding event to the total satisfaction of the member that did not receive the promised goods from them. Once this is done, I will remove their name from the list.

PLEASE NOTE:
If you choose to start a forum-wide activity without running it by me, the event will be cancelled without comment and the thread on the subject removed.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
ADDENDUM TO CURRENT IAP ACTIVITY RULES

I have been working on some revisions to the Rules for IAP Activities for awhile now. I am having some difficulty coming up with satisfacty language for certain portions of the rules.

There is one addition to the rules that needs to go into effect immediately:

"To be eligable to participate in any IAP activity your penturners.org member profile must include your real first and last names and your city and state (US) or the location identifier appropriate for your country of residence. Activity participants must be able to be contacted by the penturners.org private messaging system and/or have a valid email address registered with penturners.org."

This rule is nearly identical to a requirement currently in place for ue of the IAP classifieds. Individuals already participating in current activities are encouraged, but not required to update their Penturners.org profile. Participation in all future activities, including Birthda Bash activities, will require an updated Penturners.org profile.

Questions or comments can be directed to me via PM.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Regarding the participation of children in IAP Activities

Because we moderate the forum to PG-13, and to comply with the Children's On-Line Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not accept registration from anyone under the age of 13.

Members who want their children to participate in IAP activities are responsible for providing and controlling access to the forum for them. They can sign up their children to participate according to rules established by the member officiating the contest.

Top Bottom