Ratty's World Tour

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Does he have to be in the shop working or could he be outside workin also?

Preferably, but I'm sure he'd love to see you digging up a huge chunk of bog wood:biggrin: I added your name to the list, so please confirm you want in

I'm in. Already sent my addy.

Will you be posting a list?

There is a list on the link below, but if everyone just keeps posting here, I'll keep updating it. Could be a while till it gets to you and you need to send your address to the person above you on the list.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52276

Last edited:

DurocShark

Ratty made it to Colorado yesterday. I started taking pics, but the wife failed to pay the cable bill so I didn't get them uploaded. Grrr... As soon as they turn my intartubes back on I'll post them.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Lookin' forward to seeing the pics Don. I think when this is done I'll attempt to calculate the mileage Ratty does. Hey, Maybe we could even have it as a B Bash trivia question?:biggrin:

Dario

I hope every one Ratty visited will add their picture to his passport (might need a thick notebook) and maybe some note as well. Create a scrap book of some sort.

What do you think?

keithkarl2007

So what exactly do we do? I'm baffled :confused: Does Ratty have to bring back something from his travels??? Say a special blank from each visit and use them as prizes in the BB

Preferably, but I'm sure he'd love to see you digging up a huge chunk of bog wood:biggrin: I added your name to the list, so please confirm you want in

There is a list on the link below, but if everyone just keeps posting here, I'll keep updating it. Could be a while till it gets to you and you need to send your address to the person above you on the list.

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
So what exactly do we do? I'm baffled :confused: Does Ratty have to bring back something from his travels??? Say a special blank from each visit and use them as prizes in the BB

Keith, you simply have to take a couple of pics of him doing something in your shop ( or outside digging up Bog Oak:wink: ) Then send him to the next person on the list. The added little contest is for pics. Best normal shop pic and best photoshopped / artistic pic. And of course, just send your fiver to Cav's paypal account. I doubt he will ever come back.:biggrin: ( the rat, not Cav )
Cav will periodically update the list to show who's paid ( cos I don't know )
I'll change the colour of the person's name that has just sent the rat on it's way.
I don't think it's possible for ratty to visit the entire list before the BBash, but we can sort that out closer to the time.

The list is pretty long, but I'll just keep adding to it as long as someone want's in.:wink::biggrin:

Last edited:

DurocShark

So when I picked Ratty up from the "Airport", he wanted to drive home.

He got to sit in the back instead.

4038200423_947d67cb87.jpg

There was still a little daylight, so he went to play in the backyard with my daughter. In the snow. :devil:

4038949126_03569a92b3.jpg

The slide doesn't work so well with a few inches of wet snow on it... He just sort of tumbled down. I don't think he looks happy.

4038200519_5dfb13ca46.jpg

He tried the swing next, but my daughter had to push him. He couldn't seem to get himself going.

4038949174_4060651693.jpg

"HELP! THis snow crap sucks! Send me back to Florida!!!!"

4038949190_15c7fd373d.jpg

He played Halloween dress up with my daughter...

"Look! I'm a witch! HEEHEEHEEHEE!"

I think he's better as a rat.

4038949106_467a1b87cc.jpg

As soon as we got into the garage, he saw my buffing wheel was mounted. "I want to polish my nails!"

4038200593_5c1fa51e16.jpg

After he was done getting all dolled up, he found his way under my tablesaw.

"Dude, don't you ever CLEAN around here?"

4038200665_aa82ae2920.jpg

He was even ruder under my lathe...

"Hey, this is friggin disgusting! Heres's a buck, go buy a broom!"

4038949308_aafd0ed7a9.jpg

Over on the resin bench...

"It ain't gettin' any better! When you gonna send me back to Florida?"

4038200611_a299e7380a.jpg

I'll send you somewhere, you little rat. And I hope you choke on your snax!

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I had a chat with my cat. Being the ratter she is, she thinks Ratty should visit us here in So California. Would you put me on the list?

Daniel

Alright, The I.A.P. has a mascot! put me on the list as well. I'll put him to work in my shop and by the time I am done he will have forgotten all about Florida, Purgatory will start looking good. Here Ratty Ratty Ratty, My daughter has a dog you can be a big brother to.

altaciii

EL RATON (SPN) has arrived! He got here yesterday and he is ready for his stay in sunny Corpus Christi. Thats TEXAS! A pictorial of his visit will be forthcoming.

Last edited:

altaciii

HE MADE IT!
To South Texas. When Dario was living in McAllen, Texas, he was the Southern most member in the lower 48. Since his move to the Austin area I believe that distiction goes to me, and now Rattie has visited and enjoyed clear blue skys and bright sunshine. We had a long talk as I showed him the shop and told him we were going to show him some of the sites in the "Sparkling city by the Sea"
His first stop was to Downtown where he gave his best Ratzilla pose.

Attachments

• rat4.jpg
    rat4.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 213

altaciii

He then went to the museum of natural history, one of the finest in South Texas having artifacts from sunken spanish galleons and the Karwankawa indians. He wanted to tease all those walking in snow, so he donned a santa hat and beard.

Attachments

• DSC09458.jpg
    DSC09458.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 213

altaciii

He knew somehow that his ancestors came to America on some early ships of some sort and was almost in tears as he toured the Columbus ships docked at the museum.

Attachments

• rat5.jpg
    rat5.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 216

altaciii

He was really impressed with the aircraft carrier. The navy has always been a part of Corpus Christi. The naval command is one of only 2 initial training bases in the country. They get their wings here and move on to bigger and better things such as jet training in Kingsville or turbo props in Mississippi.

Attachments

• rat8.jpg
    rat8.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 198

altaciii

Then it happened. We were sitting around watching the Cowboy game and all of a sudden he was missing. Everyone went searching... but I knew, I knew. He turned into the rat that he is. I caught him in the pressure pot red pawed with one of Dawn aschemy blanks and boy he looked mad.

Attachments

• rat2.jpg
    rat2.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 346

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
LOL Alex, those pics are fantastic!!! :biggrin:
I never thought I'd be jealous of a plastic rat!!!:mad: Dumb thing is getting to visit lots of cool places:rolleyes:

He does have good taste in PR blanks though, so watch out for the little blighter:biggrin:

Gofer

You can send Ratty to the great white north, he looked like he enjoyed the snow:eek:

Does anyone think that with all this travel he is doing that he may get home sick after say 2 or 3 years :rolleyes:

Bruce

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
You can send Ratty to the great white north, he looked like he enjoyed the snow:eek:

Does anyone think that with all this travel he is doing that he may get home sick after say 2 or 3 years :rolleyes:

I dunno .. he looks like the type of Guest who isn't allowed to stay long. :tongue:

Hogdriver

Please add me to the list...I'm pretty sure I can get him a ride in a military jet. Even if it does have to wait until next summer.

-HD

EDIT: Oops. I posted in the wrong thread, sorry 'bout that. By the looks of his NH trip, he may not make it to summer anyway. Poor guy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom