Preliminary PITH/Pen Swap Announcement

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Hello all!!

This is a quick note to everyone letting them know that over the course of the spring/summer there will be a series of "mini" PITH events leading up to a "normal" PITH this fall. They will have a shortened sign up time as well as a shortened time frame to complete. This will give folks a chance to get involved that might be too busy at any given time. If you miss one, another will follow soon and you can get in it instead. You can enter as many or as few as you like. I am still working out some details but wanted to give everyone a "heads up". Each event will be similar but yet each will have their own little differences. If you do not like the guidelines for a particular event, please don't join, complain, etc, but rather wait for one you feel fits your needs better. Stay tuned and check back often, as details will follow at a later time.

What is the PITH? Understandably, newer turners and/or IAP members might not know. Let's start here: PITH=Pen in the hat. In a perfect world we would all get together and place a pen in the hat. Each member would reach in and select a pen at random to become there own. Now while not geographically feasible to all meet, next best thing is what we are doing. Everyone who signs up will be assigned to send someone else a pen. In return, they will receive a pen from someone else. That is it in a "nutshell". I hope that clears things up. Feel free to PM me with specific questions if you are still unsure. Thanks,

Landon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Feel free to comment with any "suggestions". I will try to incorporate as many ideas as I can (within reason).

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hello all!!

This is a quick note to everyone letting them know that over the course of the spring/summer there will be a series of "mini" PITH events leading up to a "normal" PITH this fall. They will have a shortened sign up time as well as a shortened time frame to complete. This will give folks a chance to get involved that might be too busy at any given time. If you miss one, another will follow soon and you can get in it instead. You can enter as many or as few as you like. I am still working out some details but wanted to give everyone a "heads up". Each event will be similar but yet each will have their own little differences. If you do not like the guidelines for a particular event, please don't join, complain, etc, but rather wait for one you feel fits your needs better. Stay tuned and check back often, as details will follow at a later time.

What is the PITH? Understandably, newer turners and/or IAP members might not know. Let's start here: PITH=Pen in the hat. In a perfect world we would all get together and place a pen in the hat. Each member would reach in and select a pen at random to become there own. Now while not geographically feasible to all meet, next best thing is what we are doing. Everyone who signs up will be assigned to send someone else a pen. In return, they will receive a pen from someone else. That is it in a "nutshell". I hope that clears things up. Feel free to PM me with specific questions if you are still unsure. Thanks,

Landon

Just wondering what you mean by a mini PITH
Just wondering if this part was not read? :eek::biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hello all!!

. If you do not like the guidelines for a particular event, please don't join, complain, etc,

Landon

Feel free to comment with any "suggestions". I will try to incorporate as many ideas as I can (within reason).

OK, I'm confused.:hypnotized:

Just kidding Landon !!!:tongue:

But two questions if I may......

1. Will these be PITHs or Pen Swaps?

2. Can we post pics???:biggrin::embarrassed::smile-big:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Hello all!!

. If you do not like the guidelines for a particular event, please don't join, complain, etc,

Landon

OK, I'm confused.:hypnotized:

Just kidding Landon !!!:tongue:

But two questions if I may......

1. Will these be PITHs or Pen Swaps?It may vary with each one

You will need to read the rules at the time of the contest announcement :tongue:

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
1. Will these be PITHs or Pen Swaps?

Landon and I have had some discussion about PITHs vs, Swaps. I don't want to spill the beans before Landon is ready to make his announcement, but I think everyone will be somewhat happy :cool:

Pictures? It's not a contest so post away....:biggrin:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Please keep in mind that once these open for sign-up there will not be a lengthy sign up period so I would suggest watching the forum closely if you are interested.

Top Bottom