Preliminary Birthday Bash Rules

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I've had a couple of requests for a one stop location to find all of the preliminary Birthday Bash rules that have been posted so far. Here you go! This will be a sticky in the Activites Manager Forum.

The Smitty's Pen Works Beginners Beautiful Pen Contest, The Berea Hardwoods Intermediate Beautiful Pen Contest and the R & B Crafts Freestyle Pen Contest

The Edible Pen Contest

The Youth Beautiful Pen Contest

The Color, Embedded Object and Tube-On Casting Contest

The Exotic Blanks Advanced Beautiful Pen Contest

The Modified (Frankenpen) Pen Contest

Rules for other contests have not been posted as of yet.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Mike, please don't take this wrongly but I believe that as this year many contests and competitions are being hosted by vendors then each should be given a fair shake.
Smitty's Beginners, Berea's Intermediates and esp R&B's Freestyle ( what a seriously generous host they have been over the years!!! )should each be given their own seperate link to the thread that shows not only the rules for their contest but also the prizes that that vendor is offering.
I also think that the contest that good old members are hosting should be mentioned too....like....
Chris's edible pen contest,
Eric's FrankenPen
Brook's Casting Contest

Other donating vendors like ( from the top of my head ) Classics Wood ID
haven't even warrented a mention.:frown:

Most people are aware of my personal feelings on vendors on IAP but if it's the way of the future then all should be treated equally.

Honestly I'm actually a bit disapointed. I think that contest sponsorship should have been offered to the general membership LONG before the vendors. They make enough money from us already!!
I've have often given prizes during IAP Birthday Bashes and I don't sell anything. I would have been seriously honoured to host a contest and provide good prizes.

I've already paid for my mugs and hopefully get the cap and badge, but for me the bash is already over.

See you on the other side:wink:

Haynie

I asked for this. I was not able to find the preliminary rules for each contest, and figured I was not the only one. It is my assumption, in a few days, this will disappear and the the "official" postings will occur.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
As the prize guy for the past five or six years or so, I`d like to reiterate that anyone`s welcome to donate a prize to the Bash. Just PM me! If you`d like to sponsor an entire contest, PM Mike. Anyone, including non-vendors, can sponsor an entire contest if they meet the minimums.

The only contests that have posted rules are listed by Mike above. He mentioned: Rules for other contests have not been posted as of yet. The Classic Nib wood ID contest and the trivia contest, among others, fit that category.

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Yes there will be a Russ Fairfield slim line competition, the rules have just not been posted in advance

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Mike, I'd like to apologise to you for my previous post. My public little rant was uncalled for and out of line. I may have been having a bad day, but it was wrong of me to have a go at your sterling efforts that you do for us each year.
Sorry.:redface:

My previous post doesn't need to be there, so can it be removed please?

Top Bottom