Preliminary Bash Contests Announcement

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Solid color background...

Does that rule out a white to charcoal gradient background?

I wouldn't think so. I think the meaning behind the backgrounds is for those that are known for their backdrops or pen rests (rocks, watches, etc.). That way the public won't know who made what and it'll keep the popularity contests from happening.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

Most say two pics. Can one be a photo montage showing all sides the pen. Seamus's titanic pen comes to mind as an example?

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam

I wouldn't think so. I think the meaning behind the backgrounds is for those that are known for their backdrops or pen rests (rocks, watches, etc.). That way the public won't know who made what and it'll keep the popularity contests from happening.
At this point I will answer that a "white to charcoal gradient" is simply not a solid color and should be avoided in my contests. Should the need to change that decision come about it will be noted in the actual contest announcement.

D.Oliver

I think I may be missing something....how do I enter one of the contests?

There will be an entry form. However it hasn't been posted yet. It will be posted in the official Contest announcement which will be located in the Birthday Bast forum. The birthday Bash forum is only enabled for a short time before, during and a short time after the bash. It shoulb be coming soon. This post was just kind of a heads up so that people could get a jump on making there pens.

Hendu3270

I think I may be missing something....how do I enter one of the contests?

There will be an entry form. However it hasn't been posted yet. It will be posted in the official Contest announcement which will be located in the Birthday Bast forum. The birthday Bash forum is only enabled for a short time before, during and a short time after the bash. It shoulb be coming soon. This post was just kind of a heads up so that people could get a jump on making there pens.

Gotcha. Thank you Sir!!

JohnGreco

Question- Do the pens need to be made "for" the contest? I'm working on a pen for a customer that I'd like to enter but it's not being made 'for' the bash.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Question- Do the pens need to be made "for" the contest? I'm working on a pen for a customer that I'd like to enter but it's not being made 'for' the bash.
It would be allowed as long as pics of it have not been posted ANYWHERE prior to the completion of the contest. What you do with your pen after that is your business. :wink:

Top Bottom