Post your Oct 2016 PITH Photos Here...Teasers are Welcome! - Page 6 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > IAP Management Team > Activities Manager
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Activities Manager Mike Redburn is the IAP Activities Manager

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2016, 03:15 PM   #51 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Here is my PITH pen from Scotty. Very nice pen with lots of chatoyance. Koa on a Walstreet pen kit. Got some nive blanks too. I have been wanting some corian to try. Now I have it. Thank you very much Scotty. Love these PITH's.
Attached Thumbnails
p1040813.jpg   p1040818.jpg   p1040819.jpg   p1040820.jpg  

"WHEN THE PEOPLE FEAR THEIR GOVERNMENT, THERE IS TYRANNY. WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FEARS THE PEOPLE, THERE IS LIBERTY." Thomas Jefferson

Self Pity. I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. D. H. Lawrence
Rounder is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-10-2016, 07:46 AM   #52 (permalink)

Photos: 41

I received this a while ago, but am just now getting a chance to post a picture.

Here's what I received from CrimsonKeel. A nice Phoenix kit with a blank he cast himself. Along with it are 4 RhinoPlastic blanks and two blanks he cast himself.

Thank you very much, Ben, for the great pen and blanks!
Attached Thumbnails
pith.jpg  
Sprung is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-10-2016, 03:08 PM   #53 (permalink)

Photos: 40

I'm a little late getting these pictures posted, but that's on me. The pen & blanks arrived on time.

My PITH partner was Billy Tallant aka Sataro on this site. He made a beautiful pen from dyed & stabilized Buckeye Burl. I thought it was maple burl when I 1st saw it. I guess that's why I never win "Identify this wood". But he did a great job.

View in gallery

He also sent a great a great selection of blanks including a stabilized black palm blank. I usually avoid black palm, but I'll have to give this one a try. There is also a piece of curly narra I can't wait to turn. I just love the smell, and I really like the look of curly wood when making pens.

View in gallery

Thanks Billy!

Central Arkansas IAP Chapter Member
BSea is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2017, 09:54 AM   #54 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Here is what I got from Jim, aka JCochrun. The circuit board pen, because I am a System Admin, the fish pen, because I enjoy fishing, and the blanks...well...the biggest one is Green and Gold, the colors of America's team of course!
Attached Thumbnails
20170109_174426.jpg   20170109_174422.jpg  
Logged on members can hide ads