Post your Oct 2016 PITH Photos Here...Teasers are Welcome!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

I received my PITH from Gregory (Skie_M) on Thursday. He sent three Mesquite blanks, two Japanese yew blanks, two alabaster stone blanks, and a fantastic segmented blank made from Western Red Cedar (lower barrel) and Mesquite (upper barrel) from the family land.

PITHOCT16A.jpg

Here's a closer photograph of the fantastic pen. I mentioned to Skie_M that he did a great job with the segmenting. The segments are nice and tight, I didn't see gaps, and the pattern is attractive. I think the different material for the top gives it a good visual balance.

PITHOCT16B.jpg

Thank you Skie_M for being a great PITH pal, and thank you SSobel for running the PITH.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

truckfixr

Are you kidding me? My grand daughter has tried to steal this pen 4 times already! I had to promise to make her one from of the other blanks you cast. :)

liljohn1368

My gran-daughter has been trying for a year now to get me to say that I will make her a pink pen..

My wife has already said she was taking the pen that you made me..

Last edited:

Skie_M

My cousin's daughters are always tryin to be thievin the breast cancer awareness pens that I make, just because they think they are so very pretty .... they're only around 8 - 10 years old and don't really know what the pens are supposed to represent, they just love the colors and the shiny pink and gold glittery parts! :)

That reminds me, I grabbed a pair of the new mini breast cancer awareness pens to make, and I wanted to try seeing how one looks in Kirinite Magenta Pearl...

Anglesachse

This is what I got from my PITH pal Blake, Bhwoodcreations, got to say: amazing. A beautiful Bolt action using Buckeye burl. And blanks that I have not been able to get in germany.
Ive just got to find Kits that are good enough:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Many thanks to Steven (ssobel) for organizing this.:good::good:

Attachments

• IMG_6392.jpg
    IMG_6392.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 134

Rounder

Here is my PITH pen from Scotty. Very nice pen with lots of chatoyance. Koa on a Walstreet pen kit. Got some nive blanks too. I have been wanting some corian to try. Now I have it. Thank you very much Scotty. Love these PITH's.

Attachments

• P1040813.JPG
    P1040813.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 124
  • P1040818.JPG
    P1040818.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 134
  • P1040819.JPG
    P1040819.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 131
  • P1040820.JPG
    P1040820.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 120

Sprung

I received this a while ago, but am just now getting a chance to post a picture.

Here's what I received from CrimsonKeel. A nice Phoenix kit with a blank he cast himself. Along with it are 4 RhinoPlastic blanks and two blanks he cast himself.

Thank you very much, Ben, for the great pen and blanks!

Attachments

• PITH.jpg
    PITH.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 134

BSea

I'm a little late getting these pictures posted, but that's on me. The pen & blanks arrived on time.

My PITH partner was Billy Tallant aka Sataro on this site. He made a beautiful pen from dyed & stabilized Buckeye Burl. I thought it was maple burl when I 1st saw it. I guess that's why I never win "Identify this wood". :rolleyes: But he did a great job.

View in Gallery

He also sent a great a great selection of blanks including a stabilized black palm blank. I usually avoid black palm, but I'll have to give this one a try. There is also a piece of curly narra I can't wait to turn. I just love the smell, and I really like the look of curly wood when making pens.

View in Gallery

Thanks Billy!

DigBaddy72

Here is what I got from Jim, aka JCochrun. The circuit board pen, because I am a System Admin, the fish pen, because I enjoy fishing, and the blanks...well...the biggest one is Green and Gold, the colors of America's team of course!

Attachments

• 20170109_174426.jpg
    20170109_174426.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 20170109_174422.jpg
    20170109_174422.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 127
Top Bottom