Post your Oct 2016 PITH Photos Here...Teasers are Welcome! - Page 4 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > IAP Management Team > Activities Manager
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Activities Manager Mike Redburn is the IAP Activities Manager

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2016, 05:42 PM   #31 (permalink)

Photos: 58

Postman left a nice package in the box for me today. Received my PITH pkg from BSea today. Wow is really an understatement! I am definitely happy with the pen he sent me. He did a fantastic job on it. I love the rounded end & the custom finial he turned on it. He also included some very nice blanks. Bob casts his own blanks & offered me a choice as to what he could make me. I told him to surprise me with the blanks. Nice surprise all around. Very nice cast blanks & some wood blanks I have never turned before. I am very pleased with the assortment he sent me. A couple of the blanks are already lined up with some kits I want to turn. Thanks again Bob!

View in gallery

View in gallery

View in gallery
Old 10-26-2016, 08:03 PM   #32 (permalink)

Photos: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie_M View Post
Brian and I are both runnin a tad bit late ... both of us posted our pens today, so they'll cross in the mail! I should have some pics up by Friday! :) Very much looking forward to it!
Your pony ran fast! The package arrived today. Great stuff that I'll photograph and post the images later this week. Thank you for a great PITH.
Brian G is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-26-2016, 08:11 PM   #33 (permalink)

Photos: 5

Jsolie sent me this beauty. A Bethlehem Olivewood wood Fountain pen with a custom finial. Couple that with some great blanks and I really got a winner. Thank You John!
Attached Thumbnails
1pith.jpg   2pith.jpg  

April 7th-8th, 2017
Comfort Inn & Suites 5 Park Center Drive
Wadsworth, Ohio, OH 44281
Visit our website HERE
or the Midwest Penturners Gathering Facebook Page for more information
Argo13 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 10-27-2016, 10:37 AM   #34 (permalink)

Photos: 59

I want to say thanks to Chuck (truckfixr) for this beautiful pen and the box of blanks. 2 ancient kauri wood, and the Texas thistle cast in silmar they look really great. again thanks Chuck you outdid yourself.
Attached Thumbnails
img_1892.jpg   fullsizerender.jpg   img_1894.jpg  

Last edited by liljohn1368; 10-27-2016 at 10:41 AM.
liljohn1368 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-27-2016, 01:55 PM   #35 (permalink)

Photos: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian G View Post
Your pony ran fast! The package arrived today. Great stuff that I'll photograph and post the images later this week. Thank you for a great PITH.
(Please excuse the Oklahoma accent, I'm wacked out on no sleep and working 12 hour shifts throwing tires! lol ... got woke up in the middle of my "night" by the mailman!)

LOL ... it looks like I waren't the only one usin the Pony Express! I got my package in the mail today! Lemmie dust off the ol shoot-n-stare and we'll have us a look-see...

Oh, look ... gorgeous blanks to be spinnin on mah fancy hunner dolla rig! And a pen kit too! I gonna need them lil thingamabobbers to git that size right, I doan wanna muck it up! (You can't see the detail on it very well with the label in the way, but it's a sierra sized silmar41 cast with cut and textured foil backdrop, leaves, and butterflies, all in different colors, with a lovely copper trim that will match the sierra pen kit itself.) Oh look ... STABILIZED FOG!

An then we gots the awesomeness of all awesomeness! TWO very pleasin pens to behold! (Brian snooped about in my profile and discovered that fishing is another hobby that I enjoy, so he tried out making a "fishing lure" look for a pen! He used reflective tape and lure decorations he found in the fishing section and cast it in silmar41, and paired it up with a black enamel Sierra Vista. It looks awesome, but it's gonna have to stay home!)

I'm thinkin I gonna carry this one round with me a spell, cuz if mah uncle sees t'other one, it's a goner fer sure! (I love my uncle, go fishing and hunting with him all the time, but he'll steal that thing in a hearbeat! The other pen is a "Chimera cast" of a lovely Ruby Alumilite and Buckeye Burl, paired up with a gold Virage Rollerball. It looks and feels awesome!)

(Also, unpictured here is somethin he tossed in for me on the side .... a small bottle of 2P-10 Gel CA glue made for segmenting work, as I was having a few difficulties making my first segmented pen to send out to him! And yes ... once you see it, you might not think it was my first ever segmented pen, but it really is! I also ended up using 18 little tubes of superglue making the blanks, though only ONE blank survived the process! I'll let him post the pics, hehe!)

Attendance is not mandatory, unless you're addicted to turning pens.
Skie_M is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-27-2016, 02:05 PM   #36 (permalink)

Photos: 161

Received my package from Mike (mike4066) today and it's a doozie. Beautifully segmented, turned and finished pen along with some great blanks. One very nice segmented blank. Thank you very much Mike!

img_1694.jpg
Cwalker935 is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-27-2016, 02:06 PM   #37 (permalink)

Photos: 17

Can someone point me to a link about PITH (Details on process etc...) and how I can get in on the November PITH if there is one?
wfsteadman is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-27-2016, 02:10 PM   #38 (permalink)

Photos: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfsteadman View Post
Can someone point me to a link about PITH (Details on process etc...) and how I can get in on the November PITH if there is one?
Next PITH is December, sign ups going on now.

December PITH / Ornament Swap
Cwalker935 is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-27-2016, 02:12 PM   #39 (permalink)

Photos: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfsteadman View Post
Check in this same sub-forum ... one is currently being organized for December that will include an Ornament Swap... there is a sign up thread and then when the time comes, there will be a picture thread for everybody to show off what they got! :)

Typically, you send off a turned and completed pen to a randomly chosen recipient, along with at least 2 blanks. As you can see from my post above, you're more than welcome to send off more ... in fact, I can't seem to figure out how he got all that stuff, plus a little bottle of CA, into one single Small Flat Rate Box! .... tried to put it all back in to carry it outside to take the pics, and it don't fit!

First-timers are welcome, beware that some of us live overseas, so shipping may be higher here and there, and as a result of first-timers being welcome, your best efforts to produce a pen may be different from your partner's best efforts to produce a pen, but that's all part of the fun!

Attendance is not mandatory, unless you're addicted to turning pens.
Skie_M is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-29-2016, 10:30 AM   #40 (permalink)

Photos: 2

Default oct pith

Aloha
my new friend budner (roy u) sent this very nice closed in pen
sorry it took so long to post
Attached Thumbnails
20161029-dfe_7635.jpg   20161029-dfe_7636.jpg   20161029-dfe_7637.jpg  
hippi is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads