Post your July 2016 PITH Photos here

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian Frank

Great pictures Bob. Glad you liked the pen. I should send all my pens to you for their photos. I used cut offs and medium CA. Used my lathe with a very sharp bit retracting it every 1/4" so not to blow it out. Turned each blank between centers.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sprung

Received a package from Michael (mecompco) today!

A very nice pen and some very nice blanks!

Thank you again, Michael! Nice to swap with you again! :)

Attachments

• PITH.jpg
    PITH.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 181

glenspens

look what i got

Very cool stuff from Edward Cypher
Love the pen
Buckeye burl 4color, pinecone one horizontal cone and one vertical cone,cholla cactus in blue, 2 spectra ply 1w/maple and 1 w/cherry,50th air force stamp blank all blanks were made by Edward :cool:. The stamps (50th anniversary) on the blank for the sweet pen have B52s on them, I worked on buffs (B52) back when I was in the USAF . Made my day :good: thanks Edward

Attachments

• DSCN5817.JPG
    DSCN5817.JPG
    203.8 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCN5823.JPG
    DSCN5823.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCN5818.JPG
    DSCN5818.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 157

Old Bessie

Passed Away Sep 13, 2016
In Memoriam
I don't understand. 3 years of PITH's. Improving with each pen, project, and day that passes. Yet I still lack feedback in the Forum or the post of pictures of the "booty" that I sent. Were they that bad? am I out of my league? I guess I offer my apology to all the unlucky members who were paired with me and tender my resignation from the IAP and associated forums. Please delete me at once. I'm over this.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I don't understand. 3 years of PITH's. Improving with each pen, project, and day that passes. Yet I still lack feedback in the Forum or the post of pictures of the "booty" that I sent. Were they that bad? am I out of my league? I guess I offer my apology to all the unlucky members who were paired with me and tender my resignation from the IAP and associated forums. Please delete me at once. I'm over this.

Hi Wil. Not sure on the past histories of your partners; but I would be honored to send you a pen in compensation... IAP is as most organizations, 99% wonderful, and a few 1%...less so. I have no issue that you may not have been treated as well as you should have been, but I would like to reassure your faith in IAP!

Please PM me your address.

Regards, Mark

jttheclockman

Will, I think you maybe being a bit unrational. I do not know your partners for the Pith thing but it has been mentioned many times here that people do not like to take photos but that does not excuse them from at least recognizing your admission. So shame on them.

What I suggest is step away from the Pith thing for awhile and post your work for us all to see. No reason to leave the IAP. That would be silly.

As far as people in the PITH at least post something about your partners pens. It is the courteous thing to do. Even if you do not take photos, a few words can not hurt you. Remember you joined us.

keithbyrd

Will

WILL - I am like Mark - not everyone here is perfect but the outstanding people on here far outweigh the others. I would be happy to swap a PITH with you.
If you would PM your address I will swap with you! Let's give each other 3 weeks to make a new pen and do a swap!

Last edited:

Old Bessie

Passed Away Sep 13, 2016
In Memoriam
Final post. Are any of these "PITH worthy"?.... Bythe way: These were all made by my 12 year old Grandson as I am severely afflicted since my last stroke. I believe that he has learned well and would have been a solid member here on this site in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_1699.JPG
    IMG_1699.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_1700.JPG
    IMG_1700.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_1703.JPG
    IMG_1703.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_1705.JPG
    IMG_1705.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1708.JPG
    IMG_1708.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1715.JPG
    IMG_1715.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_1713.JPG
    IMG_1713.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_1711.JPG
    IMG_1711.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_1710.JPG
    IMG_1710.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_1709.JPG
    IMG_1709.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_1719.JPG
    IMG_1719.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_1721.JPG
    IMG_1721.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_1723.JPG
    IMG_1723.JPG
    264 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

Cwalker935

Final post. Are any of these "PITH worthy"?.... Bythe way: These were all made by my 12 year old Grandson as I am severely afflicted since my last stroke. I believe that he has learned well and would have been a solid member here on this site in the future.

Definitely PITH worthy to me. I would be proud to have any of those in my collection.

stonepecker

Wil......There is nothing in your photos that isn't or wouldn't be a great addition to any pen collection. And as far as trading a pen with anyone.......you don't have to wait till a PITH comes along. I have recieved and traded here with many people. Contact someone and just ask......."Do You Want To Trade?" I am willing most will jump at the chance.

Now about someone not posting a picture of what you sent them OR even posting they recieved something from you. Honestly, that is out of everyones control. Even yours. Don't take it to heart. Instead......Give that grandson of your a big hug and tell him to get ready for the Kids Contests this Feb.

Anytime you want to trade Wil.......I am willing and ready.

SteveG

Wll,
I have read your concerns, and stand with others ho have already responded to you. Your pens, and those of grandson are great. I think that you have just had a bad run of PITH partners, who failed to respond, but should have. My guess is that there are a good number other than those of your own personal experience, who have PITH'd, but failed to follow through. PITH is something that is intended to be fun...not a cause for angst! I am proud of you that in spite of your suffering a stroke, which has limited you, that you keep on keepin' on. Grandson has taken to the art of pen turning under your tutelage, and it would be good to keep that fire burning. Happy turning...
Aloha!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I did not check all your previous PITH participations, but for sure your partner in the most recent PITH before this one did post a photo of your pens & blanks. See post #65 in this link:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70...icture-posting-135092/index7.html#post1805591

However, like others have noted, sometimes we do draw a member who does not post photos, but they should at least communicate by PM.

I too would be happy to own any of your pens and would be glad to do a personal swap anytime. Just send me a pm if you would like to do that.

mecompco

Funny!

Sprung and I have finally finished up our swap--we had each other last time as well. Well, both of us had grand plans for really unique pens. Let's just say they didn't work out, so we each went with "Plan C". Seems we have similar taste--we pretty much made each other the same pen, a red, white, and blue bolt-action. :biggrin:

As always, Matt loaded me right up with great blanks, including some DIW with Sap wood that I absolutely love, as well as some WW blanks and others that I'm anxious to try.

rbstallings

Last edited:

hippi

pith

this is what i sent to manleymaille
curly koa on the one piece and a really rear kou both are from hawaii

Attachments

• 20160712-DFE_7426.jpg
    20160712-DFE_7426.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 20160712-DFE_7423.jpg
    20160712-DFE_7423.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 20160712-DFE_7419.jpg
    20160712-DFE_7419.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

hcpens

PITH Finally received by my partner

Took way to long for me to get my second PITH mailed out as the first one is setting on someone else's desk, other than my partner, hope they enjoy.

I have really enjoyed the pen and blanks BarryC sent, here is the picture of what he sent to me.

Attachments

• PITH July 2016.jpg
    PITH July 2016.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 126

gimpy

Gimpy sent me a Antique Pewter Fillbelle, not sure of the blank but very cool looking. Also a sweet selection of blanks! Thanks Terry!!

Warren, I used a pen blank you sent me, it is called "Shredded Wheat Black"
Sorry it took so long, meaning I sent it to the wrong address the first time.....OH, by the way, I'll get your pen posted tomorrow or Monday.

Top Bottom