PITH Entrants Please Read!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
With about a week to go before the designated deadline, I thought I'd get a feel for where we stand. If anyone has not received their pen or at least have had good communication concerning any delays (Canadian Postal Service for example), please PM me with the details of the swap. I need to know so I can start sending any needed "reminders" If there are any of you who, for whatever reason, think you may not get your pen sent, I would strongly encourage you to immediately get in touch with your partner to make an acceptable plan. Thanks to all who joined the event and hope everyone had fun. (Even with my quirky theme):biggrin:

Landon

Last edited:

USAFVET98

Thanks for facilitating this years PITH Landon. I really got a feel for where my skills are considering having to use pine. Mine was sent out a while back and recipient said he was going to post pictures when he gets a chance and I have had plenty of communication about mine and looking forward to seeing and posting the end result..

PaulDoug

I didn't participate, but certainly enjoyed it. Congrats to all and your beautiful pine pens. I was certainly amazed at what people came up with. I will get in the fray next time. I just hope I don't disappoint anyone too much.

bitshird

Landon, only the Gods of Canadian Postage know when my pen and stuff, will get to Bob, but if you fall short, I do have quite a bit of the 2x4 left and a few tricks under my garter belt. and would be happy to get a pen or two out for someone that didn't get in or just didn't get a pen.

OK so pine really isn't the end of the world, Thanks for running the pith, now go pith off!!!

ldb2000

Mine still isn't ready but I've PM'ed Larry and let him know he hasn't been forgotten . I've just finished 2 weeks of 12 hour days at work and will now get some time to get back to try #5 to get this thing done , Pine dont work well for kitless so I'm now down to a modified kit pen :hypnotized:
Landon , I'm totally PITH'ed at you for choosing pine as the theme and will some how get even with you :devil::wink::biggrin:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Landon, only the Gods of Canadian Postage know when my pen and stuff, will get to Bob, but if you fall short, I do have quite a bit of the 2x4 left and a few tricks under my garter belt. and would be happy to get a pen or two out for someone that didn't get in or just didn't get a pen.

OK so pine really isn't the end of the world, Thanks for running the pith, now go pith off!!!
I've received a few PM's with some potential problems. I will get on those immediately to see what I can do. Worse case, I'll be making a few extra pens to send and might hold you to the offer to help me. :biggrin:

Have a Piney Day!

Landon

LarryDNJR

I was working on my earlier this week and had a huge blow out with the upper body. So now having to start all over to meet the deadline. If all goes well I should be able to recover and get it done and sent out. :)

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I was working on my earlier this week and had a huge blow out with the upper body. So now having to start all over to meet the deadline. If all goes well I should be able to recover and get it done and sent out. :)
Good communication with your partners is most important at this point. Keep in touch and I'm sure no one will mind a delayed shipment. As long as it is just not a long string of excuses that never end.

Brooks803

What's an Entant:confused:

:tongue:

Thanks Landon for setting this form of torture upon us :devil::beat-up::hammer:

:biggrin: I had a blast....and so did my pith blank....MANY MANY times.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
What's an Entant:confused:

:tongue:

Thanks Landon for setting this form of torture upon us :devil::beat-up::hammer:

:biggrin: I had a blast....and so did my pith blank....MANY MANY times.
Verb

French

entant

1. Present participle of enter.
Ok buddy, now that I spelled it out, I also fixed it.:wink:

Last edited:

Alexanderpens

I'm also waiting for new info on the Canadian post, being that my partner resides there. Otherwise, the pen's already in the box waiting to ship.

robutacion

Well, I know that organizing "things" for such a large group of people such as us, with so many different backgrounds, experiences and expectations, isn't easy and will never be but, I can say that I was pleasantly surprised with your choice of wood "requirement", for this 2011 PITH.

I have made it very clear, many times why I believe that Pine get's a bad reputation among pen turners specially, some with a good excuse/explanation but I also believe that many, have developed this negative "feeling" towards this wood species, without having much if any reason at all, as many never had gave it a "fair go" as we say here in Australia...!:eek::wink:

This years PITH, have gave that opportunity to everyone and as a result have also brought "bad" memories/feelings to some of our fellow IAP members, which should be seen (by those people), as an opportunity of many other pen turners to make their own true decision/mind about this wood as a pen making material so, in reality, the Pine scheme was a positive one for most participants, in my view...!:)

I had great fun participating and my PITH partner has produce an excellent "gift" that was most appreciated, I believe also, that the recipient of my PITH contribution, has screwed good and proper, in the good way, as we all seen the results so, thanks people...!

Considering that, is always impossible to please everyone, at one time, I reckon you have done a great job, with what you had to work with, Landon...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

phillywood

Landon, no communication exchange despite of your efforts to contact either the sender to me or recipient, so I drop out for now until next time we can figure out something more reasonable partner wise. And, no hard feelings either. Maybe next tiem I'd have a better luck.

Last edited:

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Great Theme, Landon!

Personally, I love Pine. I always have. First wood I learned to turn were cut up pieces of 2x4 pine. neat to find the texture, look for unusual figure.

My dad had told me when I was young, if you can work it in pine, you can work it in anything. (He'd never run up against a good DI Burl.)

I think most everyone learned something this time . . . hopefully more of a positive vein. Thank you , Landon, for all your work. I had fun, good partners (coming and going.)

arw01

Still working on mine

Too many blow ups.

Will be working more on it today and will punch it high on the list of the week.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Landon, no communication exchange despite of your efforts to contact either the sender to me or recipient, so I drop out for now until next time we can figure out something more reasonable partner wise. And, no hard feelings either. Maybe next tiem I'd have a better luck.

Phillip, PM your address to me. I'll send you a pine pen.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
PM sent

Rick P

I have about 3 pens that would meet the criteria ready to go........just waiting for word from Rick G that the Canadian postal service has worked out a new contract.
I used to spend a lot of time in Ontario, seems they have public sector strikes fairly often.

Rick_G

With the postal strike I got in touch with Rick_P and told him to hold it till the strike was over. He told me he had planned on making me wait till the last minute anyway so with the government ordering them back to work and the mail service the way it is anyway I figure another couple weeks at least to get here from Alaska.

sbwertz

Thanks for the pine theme. I discovered the joys of SYP turning! It is a very hard wood, for pine, especially the knots, but lots of resin. I wound up making 4 pens from SYP knots and all turned out well. I'll continue to use it for pens, since I have about 40 board feet of it in the shed!

paintspill

watching the news right now and they say there is a possibility that mail may start being sorted tomorrow (monday) and we may see mail tuesday, but regardless i've kept in touch with my sender and and waiting patiently. but had fun all the same and would definitely do another one.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Just so everyone knows. My partner is still waiting on a pen from me as well. I am not shipping it until the Canada Postal stuff is cleared up. I have kept him well informed of the status and will continue to do so. Communication is the key. I have a large list of "failure to completes" at this point. I hope that list shrinks rapidly in the next week. Unfortunately most of them are NOT due to a Postal Strike.:mad:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Just a friendly reminder to those who signed up but fail to complete their obligations...The activities rules state that if you fail to meet your obligations, you will be put on a list and will not be allowed to participate in ANY future IAP activities (this includes the next bash). Don't let that happen, get your pens done and all will be well!

Curtis Seebeck
IAP Head Moderator

Andrew_K99

I've neither sent nor recieved the PITH pen but that's due to the postal strike, which I hear has ended! They should be back to work tomorrow (Tuesday).

AK

juteck

I have a PM out to "khogan16" for the mailing address -- I must have lost it in my message list, but will have my PITH pen sent as soon as I get the info I need.

MarkD

Just checked mine
Out for Delivery, June 27, 2011, 9:28 am, SAYRE, PA 18840

Wow dropped it in the mail Saturday morning in Socal

Manny

Wow, that was fast!
Can't wait to see it....I may have to sneak out of work early

airrat

I have sent my partner a message letting him know I was finishing up. Ran behind due to life and trying to do something that just did not want to work with the pine. I should have it done today.

Hubert H

Curtis,

Mine has been delivered. Just a note to say thanks for running this PITH. I made three pine pens before I had one to send - however, I really enjoyed the new experience of turning pine. HWH

Top Bottom