pith

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Maybe a dumb question, but what is PITH?

For the purposes of this board it stands for "Pen In The Hat" and is a trade between two pen makers of their pens.

In the lumber world, pith is the crack that forms from the center of a log as a piece dries.

carverken

I guess I should clarify that. The names go in a hat and you get matched up with someone. You send a pen to someone participating, and someone sends a pen to you.

broitblat

What's it take?

I'm not volunteering (yet), but if someone can outline the requirements/responsibilities to run a PITH event, I'd be willing to consider...

-Barry

bitshird

I'm not volunteering (yet), but if someone can outline the requirements/responsibilities to run a PITH event, I'd be willing to consider...

-Barry

Barry, ask Mike Broberg, I think the worst part is in making sure that every one who has signed up follows through with the exchange, last year there were a few problem children!!
DAMHIKT!! But I do.

MarkHix

[ I think the worst part is in making sure that every one who has signed up follows through with the exchange, last year there were a few problem children!!
DAMHIKT!! But I do.[/QUOTE]

Ditto....

Still love to participate in these (notice the careful choice of words here). I have some received some great pens in the swaps and look forward to more swaps.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam

-Barry
I've done it in the past, if you want help I'll be there for you. Clear it with Mike as he is the Activities Manager. If he gives you the go ahead PM me and I'll help you get started.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Hey all,........... I've been away for awhile but I think I will be able to get back in the swing of things soon. Now, as to a PITH, Last year we ran the PITH around mid-July (I think) right after the cartridge pen contest. I have no objections to having another one now, or even two per year if that is what the members want. Based on my experience last year I have some different ideas for rules written down. Let me get a few things worked out and if the interest is there, let's do it!

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Hey all,........... I've been away for awhile but I think I will be able to get back in the swing of things soon. Now, as to a PITH, Last year we ran the PITH around mid-July (I think) right after the cartridge pen contest. I have no objections to having another one now, or even two per year if that is what the members want. Based on my experience last year I have some different ideas for rules written down. Let me get a few things worked out and if the interest is there, let's do it!
Because I have no other life :)eek:), let me know if you want one to happen and I'll get on it. Having done it before I am fully aware of what I just said. :beat-up:

We can certainly do more than one and if I need to call it something else and use the "PITH" later, I can do that.

Texatdurango

-Barry

Barry, ask Mike Broberg, I think the worst part is in making sure that every one who has signed up follows through with the exchange, last year there were a few problem children!!
DAMHIKT!! But I do.

Might be a good idea for those who got stiffed last year to let whoever winds up doing this know so the bad eggs can't play again and possibly stiff someone once again. :eek:

ldb2000

Mike already has a list of who can't join in the fun due to past issues , their names don't have to be made public , they WILL be excluded so no one needs to worry about it .
I'm in , whoever runs it , hell , I'll even help if it is needed . At the very least I can be counted on to keep my fat mouth shut this year ;)

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Mike already has a list of who can't join in the fun due to past issues , their names don't have to be made public , they WILL be excluded so no one needs to worry about it .
I'm in , whoever runs it , hell , I'll even help if it is needed . At the very least I can be counted on to keep my fat mouth shut this year ;)

Unlikely my friend.:eek::biggrin::wink:

penmaker1967

please remove this post i never said that i was going to do the event. i was just asking did not know that people would think that i am .
thanks

DurocShark

Hey, they're just giving you a hard time. I already volunteered, so did hunter.

It's all good, don't worry about it!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Lets not go and get to PITHy about it. FIrst we need a cool Name for it..

"Early spring Pith Fling"... or the "FIrst Pith of SPring" HOw about the "FIrst PITH of the year"

Top Bottom