PITH 2010 PHOTOS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MrPukaShell

Ok so I've finally decided on where I'm going with my PITH pen. So for MrPukaShell (my lost brother from USofA) heres a small look at the type of tree it's coming from.

cheers
Woodhacker

Woodhacker (My brother from down under),

I just planted your seedling so it should be a pen blank in about 10 years. With the time restraints of the PITH I decided I had better go with something else... Darn those rules. Here are a few "Teaser" pics(sorry about the berrys, they just looked good when I was looking through the pics).

Attachments

• IMG_0708.jpg
    IMG_0708.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0709.jpg
    IMG_0709.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC_0204.jpg
    DSC_0204.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 165

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Looks like cigar bushings and snakeskin blanks:rolleyes:. Man I would kill to have those chocolate covered strawberries right now:).

ZanderPommo

Woodhacker (My brother from down under),

I just planted your seedling so it should be a pen blank in about 10 years. With the time restraints of the PITH I decided I had better go with something else... Darn those rules. Here are a few "Teaser" pics(sorry about the berrys, they just looked good when I was looking through the pics).

looks to me like red palm on a jr gent or jr statesman

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
From Steeler Fan 1 to Dalecamino PITH 2010

Received this nice homebrew,Gold Jr. Gent RB from Carl McKinley along with two Trustone Bottle Stopper blanks. Nice stuff here. Carl did an excellent job in creating this pen. I am honored to have swaped with Carl.

electric teaser

Here is an altered section of the photo of the pen I made for my partner. I hope it is not too revealing. It will do some traveling as I will be taking it to Virginia with me next week, to share with some other penmakers there. They will get a sneak preview befor sending to its owner.

Attachments

• PITH 2010 017 - Copy.JPG
    PITH 2010 017 - Copy.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 152

burr

Here is a teaser for my PITH partner Sam (simomatra)

Attachments

• myrtle_tree.jpg
    myrtle_tree.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,562

Rfturner

I am working on my pen but I can't find the camera to take a teaser for my partner, I have been busy but it should be done by late next week. it is a new design for me so I hope that I pull it off.

penmaker1967

i have to get a guy that i work with to help me get the pic that i have taken of my partners pen he is very god with the cameras and told me that he would help me get it zoomed in so the pen can be seen good my partner told me to go ahead and post the pic so i will do it hopefuly next week it is a new one for me and i thin that it has turned out very well

aggromere

Bigshed's PITH pen bites the Dust

Bigshed's first PITH attempt dies a hard death. I had spent literally hundreds of seconds working on this only to have issues with both the upper and lower. Moving on to fall back idea.

When I ship him a bic pen he will know how the second attempted worked out. lol. Boy is he gonna be happy he got me.

Attachments

• DSCN0954-crop.jpg
    DSCN0954-crop.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 171

Phunky_2003

Here is my teaser pic for Dan (witz1976). I got several of these from Neil (wolftat). They are great blanks. I've already completed an anything goes PITH pen. Now working on something with the colors red/white/blue.

1_002.JPG

traderdon55

I would post teaser pics for my trading partner but I don't have a good camera nor have I tried to learn how to post pictures. When we were talking about the different types of pens I could do for a trade he stated he had always wanted a bullet pen so i decided that would be easy as I have made several of them. All of them I have made in the past I have just used copper tips on them but since a pen you are trading should be your best work I decided to step it up a notch and this is my first one to use an actual bullet for the tip. I glued up a corian blank in red,white,and blue for the top then decided not to use it as that is something I have done several times. If it comes out I am going to make the top part out of something I have never used to make a pen with before. That eliminates all wood, antler, acrylics, and with my limited experience I am not going to try doing any casting this time around. I will say I have seen something similar posted before but I have not seen a pen posted made out of the exact same thing .

THarvey

Kev!!!

Hey Kev,

This "timber" has a ticket to Australia. :biggrin:

Will it be as a pen or as packaging? :confused:

Attachments

• PITH Tease 2.jpg
    PITH Tease 2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 107

toddlajoie

I'm bound and determined to be scrambling at the last minute to FedEx overnight my pen to Mark (indychips) in a desperate attempt to meet the deadline. As it stands now, most of what you see before you should make it in one form or another into the final pen. I also cannot guarantee that other materials won't jump into the mix while things are spinning, chipping and flying on the lathe. However, if something goes wrong in the process, I may just laminate that map to a piece of the table it's sitting on and send that...

PITH_Teaser_w.jpg

ThomJ

LOL speaking of chipping, flying..............Landons PITH from me is all over the shop, I think there was some ICBM action yesterday. Had to order some more blanks. I haven't forgot you Landon., You will have it by your birthday

jskeen

Ok, Ok, I've been slackin around here. I haven't been checking this thread for some reason and when I did last night I find that George has been posting teasers for me since page 1. Ok, so here's a few hints for him. Not pics of the pen, per say, but hints. More to come later :)

Attachments

• whassat.jpg
    whassat.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 160
  • A-Commemorative-s_lg.jpg
    A-Commemorative-s_lg.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 102
  • smile.jpg
    smile.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 100
why quit now

Having an accident like this is in vain if you dont learn from your mistakes and forge ahead with the concept...I say try again...it looks like it would be a great looking pen!

Bigshed's first PITH attempt dies a hard death. I had spent literally hundreds of seconds working on this only to have issues with both the upper and lower. Moving on to fall back idea.

When I ship him a bic pen he will know how the second attempted worked out. lol. Boy is he gonna be happy he got me.

aggromere

Attempt Two Bigshed's PITH pen

Well after a double tube blow out on the first attempt here is a set up for attempt number 2 for Bigshed's pen. He likes fountain pens and is a big fan of charles dickens.

After this doesn't work I may be back with attempt three, lol.

Attachments

• DSCN0960-crop.jpg
    DSCN0960-crop.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 170

Kev

Doesnt realy matter what you call it, Aus customs service will decide if it is allowed into the country.. the package I received from ldubia had a "inspected by customs" sticker on it..

Hey Kev,

This "timber" has a ticket to Australia. :biggrin:

Will it be as a pen or as packaging? :confused:

turbowagon

Another teaser for Jeff Powell. There was some trial and error involved, and they didn't come out perfectly, but I figured out a few new techniques:

blackwood_accent_pieces.JPG

DurocShark

Screwup #2 so far. Discovered my "new" lathe has a problem where after a while the headstock shifts ever so slightly. Which is more than enough to SCREW ME UP.

Grr.....

BigShed

Well after a double tube blow out on the first attempt here is a set up for attempt number 2 for Bigshed's pen. He likes fountain pens and is a big fan of charles dickens.

After this doesn't work I may be back with attempt three, lol.

Ooh, great expectations indeed, beauty:biggrin:

Can't wait to see what you will cook up Peter.

Coincidentally I sent you a PM to ask for your mailing address when I logged on and before I saw your post.

Just came in from the shed after putting together your parcel of goodies.:tongue:

ldb2000

This is a tease for Seamus . It's not finished yet , I still have to figure out a few details . I'm trying a new method with this one and it is fighting me every step of the way but it looks great so far . No rush to get mine done Seamus since this may take at least another week to get done , it's been too hot to work in the shop but they say it will be cooler next week , I sure hope so . As you can see it has the flag colors , Red , White , Blue as well as Silver , Gold , Purple , Green , Black ..... a truly universal blank .
I just hope you like Big pens .

robutacion

Yeap, I finished jskeen PITH pen this evening, tomorrow is on to the blanks storage room to pick-up a few of my Aussie local blanks to travel with the pen all the way to the USA...!:eek::wink::biggrin:

I got a get James on a PM and get his postal address so that I can post it on Monday...!:cool:

Is only one person here, that is fully "responsible" for my participation in this PITH and first ever "direct" (I normally give blanks away for others to participate on my behalf, in these things...!:)) participation in any event, in many years of turning, that person is Butch when he come out kicking a$$, including mine, making me realise that, was really no reason why I couldn't contribute/participate, I didn't realise until then that I was needed, when I would normally thing that, there are/will be already enough people putting their hands up for these type of events...!, how wrong I was...!!!:redface:

This is my story and I stick with it...!:wink:

The pic attached is indeed the finished pen with some photo editing (special effects)...!:eek::confused::biggrin: What is it...???

Cheers
George

Attachments

• PIC08537a.JPG
    PIC08537a.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Screwup #2 so far. Discovered my "new" lathe has a problem where after a while the headstock shifts ever so slightly. Which is more than enough to SCREW ME UP.

Grr.....

:biggrin::biggrin: LOL, yours wasn't without it's hiccups either:mad:

Here's a pic of yours with some left over 'blank':wink: Oh.......sorry, it's wrapped already, he he!!:tongue: That's a chunk of 30mm dia stainless thread on the left!!!! Hope you've got strong arms!!!:tongue:

Attachments

• DurocSharkTeaser.jpg
    DurocSharkTeaser.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 185

DurocShark

Gah! I tried putting a new barrel on the messed up one, but I couldn't get a straight cut on it to save my life. Sigh. All bumpy and lumpy. It is now in the "Yeah, right" cup.

Top Bottom