PITH 2010 PHOTOS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stick Rounder

Maybe run strips of red and white on the long axis, round a chunk of blue use a dremel to cut stars and fill with white PR or alumilite? I don't know. Or even make your squares bigger so you can drill the tube at an angle? Just some ideas. It's your pen. I know that it will turn out great.

robutacion

Well, this may be the base material I will be using for my PITH partner...!:wink:

No, is not Swiss cheese but something from the land of kangaroos...!:eek::biggrin:

I made a big batch last night, 18 blanks to be precise, and I didn't thing any more of them until this morning, when I realise that I didn't use the right colours for our US friend...!:eek:, yeah... precisely...!:mad:

I got really mad, not because the blanks aren't unusable, by the contrary, they come out really great but by the fact that I stuffed-up. I should have been in some sort of "trunze" or just tired, it was getting quite late, not the notice I picked one wrong colour...!:frown:

Anyway, luckily I have a new 5 gallon drum of PR and plenty of the raw material to start over again, which I did this afternoon so, I will see out it come out tomorrow...!:)

Not sure if I get what I want from this lot either, mainly because I have something else in mind that can work or not with the resin mix, that is going to be an "interesting" step...!:biggrin:

More, maybe later...! maybe...:rolleyes:

Cheers
George

Attachments

• PIC08438.jpg
    PIC08438.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 142
  • PIC08437.jpg
    PIC08437.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

Gofer

I have Gofer's pen done. At least I think I do. I might redo it yet. :)

Ohhhh Crapppp ..... I have got to get busy .... %$^$&*$^ posties better not lose the parcels that sould have been here by now.

Not to worry Larry I will come up with something good even if they do screw up again.

Bruce

David Keller

Well, this may be the base material I will be using for my PITH partner...!:wink:

No, is not Swiss cheese but something from the land of kangaroos...!:eek::biggrin:

I made a big batch last night, 18 blanks to be precise, and I didn't thing any more of them until this morning, when I realise that I didn't use the right colours for our US friend...!:eek:, yeah... precisely...!:mad:

I got really mad, not because the blanks aren't unusable, by the contrary, they come out really great but by the fact that I stuffed-up. I should have been in some sort of "trunze" or just tired, it was getting quite late, not the notice I picked one wrong colour...!:frown:

Anyway, luckily I have a new 5 gallon drum of PR and plenty of the raw material to start over again, which I did this afternoon so, I will see out it come out tomorrow...!:)

Not sure if I get what I want from this lot either, mainly because I have something else in mind that can work or not with the resin mix, that is going to be an "interesting" step...!:biggrin:

More, maybe later...! maybe...:rolleyes:

Cheers
George

That looks like Aussie bottle brush... Beautiful stuff!

aussieturner

ok heres another teaser for ToddMR

and also to make him want to sit at the mailbox waiting for this to arrive :biggrin:
am also sending 30 blanks from the LAND DOWN UNDER :biggrin: weighing just under 4LBS :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
isn't he lucky

Attachments

• pith swap blanks 1.JPG
    pith swap blanks 1.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 143
  • pith swap blanks 2.JPG
    pith swap blanks 2.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 143
  • pith box and scales.jpg
    pith box and scales.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 136
  • close up of weight.jpg
    close up of weight.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 127

terryf

ok heres another teaser for ToddMR

and also to make him want to sit at the mailbox waiting for this to arrive :biggrin:
am also sending 30 blanks from the LAND DOWN UNDER :biggrin: weighing just under 4LBS :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
isn't he lucky

Had a couple too many under the outback sun have we?? :tongue:

MrPukaShell

Here is my tease.... http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65623 I posted a question to the community to see what they would come up with. I can safely say there was no clear cut winner. MY PITH partner is from "Down Under" so that was why I put in the word "Timber" or "Timba" as they say it in the question.

Another cool thing with the PITH for me at least. When I received the email from my partner I looked for his name and guess what? He has the same last name, so he will now be referred to as "My Brother from down under". As soon as I can come up with the "Timber" I'll get a teaser pic posted.

Have a great day,

Last edited:

DurocShark

I'm totally behind... Got a bunch of paid work to get caught up on. But I got the design down (I hope!)

All I'm saying at this point is mine may or may not be comprised of brass and PR.

maxman400

awolf

Here is my tease for awolf's Pen I am still waiting on her kit to arrive in the mail. :biggrin:

Attachments

• blank.jpg
    blank.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 216

PTownSubbie

I can neither confirm or deny that any of these PR blanks will be used to make my PITH pen. All I can say is the first attempt didn't work out so great :eek: so I had to recast some blanks....:wink:

No peeking Terry!!!

Attachments

• PITH PR Blanks.jpg
    PITH PR Blanks.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 128

penmaker1967

i have started on my partners pen so far the blanks look i hope the pen looks as good but i think it going to be after the weekend that i had at the show i needed something to get my nerves back in order(LOL) i will post the pen when i get done with it unless my partner wants me to wait till he gets it.

obone

first try

My wife came out to the shop today and asked how the pith project was coming. The picture shows where I am. She said " Looks better than your usual work but I think your presentation needs work"... Back to the drawing board.

Attachments

• pen1.jpg
    pen1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 201

LarryDNJR

Teaser for Gofer's PITH 02

Second teaser photo for Gofer.

Attachments

• PITH 2010 Gofer Teaser 02.jpg
    PITH 2010 Gofer Teaser 02.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 132

tdjumr

Tease for EBorraga.

Here is where I'm getting my inspiration from for my pith partner Ernie (EBorraga). Notice the colors and how it applies to the guidelines. I think I might be onto something. Glad I'm in group 1. :biggrin:

My pith partner may or may not recieve these pens in the trade. :devil:

Hucifer

Teaser for areaman...

It might come from something in this picture... maybe even the firewood the blanks are on... :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0091.JPG
    IMG_0091.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 178

robutacion

Well..., well..., this is like watching paint dry, huh...???
All these "teasers" on slow motion processes, and if... someone decides to end-up using or doing something totally different in the end...???:eek::rolleyes::biggrin: have you though of that...???

No...no..., I'm not saying that I would do it...! well maybe not...!:confused::redface:

Cheers
George

Attachments

• PIC08441.jpg
    PIC08441.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 173
  • PIC08445.jpg
    PIC08445.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 162
  • PIC08448.jpg
    PIC08448.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 165

Buzzzz4

Here's where I'm at....... insert cricket noises here.

Time to try to get some creativity flowing and find some time. Anyone know where I can get that?

RAdams

Banned
I won't be posting much in the future so i figured i better go ahead and post my picture so my partner can be eligible for the drawing. I have contacted my trade partner and have my shipping details worked out. I will be mailing this out next week, after i cast some packing materials.

Gold Cigar kit with no modifications. man-made Granite blank. This pen was the hardest pen I have ever made. I have successfully turned Alt. Ivory, Alt. Amber, trustone, M3 metal, and all kinds of other stuff. This piece was the most challenging by far. I will be adding a blank of this material to the "packing list".

Joe, I hope you enjoy it! It took me longer than any one pen i have ever made! The fits and finish are about as close as i can get.

Attachments

• PITH PEN FINISHED.jpg
    PITH PEN FINISHED.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 160

THarvey

Hey Kev!!!

Your pen is somewhere in here. Can you find it?

Attachments

• Storage - Blanks.jpg
    Storage - Blanks.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 187
  • Storage - Kits.jpg
    Storage - Kits.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 163

PenPal

My PITH SWAP my partner may show the bottom and the blanks he has received in time.

Lots of fun Peter.

Attachments

• SwapJim Mahan IAP 8-5-2010 6-00-39 [].JPG
    SwapJim Mahan IAP 8-5-2010 6-00-39 [].JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 216

BigShed

My PITH SWAP my partner may show the bottom and the blanks he has received in time.

Lots of fun Peter.

Oh no!!:rolleyes: A real PITH pen, not a "teaser". Beauty Peter, good onya for flying the flag for Oz, well done.

Great bit of work and a fantastic effort on your behalf, I'm sure your partner will be over the moon. And going on past history, the blanks you sent will be something to behold.

areaman

Sorry Hucifer, my first attempt blew up on me today, started another tonight and hoping this one will survive. LOL May have to deviate from the guidelines just a bit, but we will see.

woodhacker

MrPukaShell's

Ok so I've finally decided on where I'm going with my PITH pen. So for MrPukaShell (my lost brother from USofA) heres a small look at the type of tree it's coming from.

cheers
Woodhacker

Attachments

• pith tree.jpg
    pith tree.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 270

Toni

Nevyen, my PITHE partner, I feel so bad for him!! So many colors, flowers, leaves, butterflies, bugs, etc... Who knows what I can pull out of the hat:biggrin:

1_DSC09628.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom