Pith 2009 photos go here

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

juteck

This is the pen I received in my hat from Pat Ankrom. The Christmas colors are great. This is my first pen turned by someone else - thanks Pat!

1_Christmas_PITH_pen.jpg

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Yipee!!!!:biggrin:
Here are the pair of really cool penS :biggrin: that I got from Jim LaCourse (Jimofsanston).

Both have green and red dyed wood ( I don't know yet what kind )
The EB is diagonally cut so both halves are perfectly the same length and the other has green - red - green bands with seperate gold (brass? ) diagonal strips also perfectly layed out!!!

I think that both blanks match the chrome / satin plating on the pens perfectly and I love them both!!!!:biggrin: I'm gonna have a hard time keeping either of them away from my wife, that's for sure!!!:rolleyes:

Many many thanks Jim, it was a pleasure and an honour to do a swap with you.

Attachments

• PensFromJim.jpg
    PensFromJim.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 255

brookswife803

My PITH to gmanblue

Here is my FIRST attempt at basic segmenting. Really Really Really basic. :) Enjoy! It was a TON of fun to make. And again Really basic. Oh and of COURSE Jonathon is my ever so wonderful fiance/photographer! LOVE HIM! You can see that I had the wonderful forethought (yeah right thank goodness for pleasant accidents) to make this pen so that when closed the red matches the red and green matches green and yet when opened it shows red matches green etc. :p Pleasant surprise that I'm very happy with. Enjoy gmanblue!

Attachments

• Sheas first segmented cigar PITH 2 resize.jpg
    Sheas first segmented cigar PITH 2 resize.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 174
  • Sheas First Segmented Cigar PITH5 Resize.jpg
    Sheas First Segmented Cigar PITH5 Resize.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 171
  • Sheas First Segmented Cigar PITH 3 Resize.jpg
    Sheas First Segmented Cigar PITH 3 Resize.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

workinforwood

I received my PITH from Bigshed this morning..this pen rocks! I don't recall what it is, but it is a pen made from some sort of Aussie Bark. Very sweet..he sent me some blanks and some bark too, that stuff looks like it's brutal to turn! Thanks Buddy! :biggrin:

Attachments

• bark.jpg
    bark.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 244

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Jeff, is that a decoration in the finial or a reflection? Looks great!!

Looks like more of the international swaps are being done quicker than the local ones...:rolleyes::biggrin: You guys still too bloated from all that turkey to turn???:biggrin::biggrin: Wasn't the aim to get them all delivered by Christmas:confused::wink:

gmanblue

I received, Shea,s pen yesterday she made a beautiful pen glad she put pic of it up.
very nicely done. Red Green and white segmented ciger pen look at

Poat#88. IAP ELIZABETHSDRINKARD

Last edited:

gmanblue

Elizabethsdrinkard Got this in the other day when I FINALLY went and checked the PO Box. :) David yours is on its way to you. Thanks for the beautiful Cigar and the cool blanks. Sending some blanks with your pen as well. Hope you like it all. I know I did! :)

Post # 65
Glad you like your pen I made Thanks for puting up pic of it .

GoodTurns

Received my pen today!

Spent the morning in the shop finishing up my PITH pen and came upstairs to find that the mailman had dropped off a goodie for me! ManyThanks to Tony Hamm for this very nice Ultra with all of the colors!

Attachments

• pith received 2009.jpg
    pith received 2009.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 217

CaptG

Very cool but what I want to know is...

Gary - did you catch that fish and cast (pardon the pun) it?

Thanks for the kind words Brian. Nancy, I did not cast it, but lasered one fish out of each side then glued them back in on the opposite sides and then finished turned and polished.

tonyhamm

Jon,

Glad you liked it. That pen was a few firsts for me..... First time doing an Ultra-Cigar and first time trying to do a segmented pen.

Almost had to make another one for you as my son (almost 3yo) hid your pen and it took me a while to find it.

Tony

BigShed

I received my PITH from Bigshed this morning..this pen rocks! I don't recall what it is, but it is a pen made from some sort of Aussie Bark. Very sweet..he sent me some blanks and some bark too, that stuff looks like it's brutal to turn! Thanks Buddy! :biggrin:

My pleasure Jeff. The kit is a Jr Gent FP in Rhodium dressed in Red Ironbark, or at least the bark from that tree.

Jeff, is that a decoration in the finial or a reflection? Looks great!!

Skippy, the finial has also been made from the same bark, with the addition of a Gulami bead. These solid glass beads (no hole for a string) were used on the Silk Route as trading currency, they come from India and other countries along the Silk Route. Being glass it can't be turned, even with carbide on the metal lathe, so I had to bring a grinder into play.

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

altaciii

Fred,
That material really is appealing or should I say a peeling. The pen is dead solid perfect and the finial puts a great touch to the finished pen. I have asked about the bark before but was told it couldn't be shipped to the U.S. because of the import laws. Not to hijack the hijack the thread I sent you a pm.

ZanderPommo

My PITH pen from Cheif Hill
bloodwood/purpleheart/paduak/and curly maple segmented with what seems to be white pick gaurd, on a gold cigar kit.
thanks man i love it its my new daily writer. yours should arrive around midweek next week.

P1010169.jpg

timcbs

Hope my guy like this one

Hey Guys,

Here is the pen I made for my exchange, how he likes it, I had a hard time making the closed end, hidden clip out of acrylic, most of the time I do it out of wood and it took me 3 blanks before I got this one right...

Tim Hill

Attachments

• Christmas1.jpg
    Christmas1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 193
  • Christmas2.jpg
    Christmas2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 201
  • Christmas3.jpg
    Christmas3.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 207
  • Christmas4.jpg
    Christmas4.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 188

rjwolfe3

Mike, I have blown mine up 5 times. The last time it was almost perfect and I had to do one more pass and there it went in pieces, lol. I think I broke my hand when I slammed my fist down in frustration. But I am trying to again to make it perfect.

candy1land

My PITH pen from MaxMan400

The pictures don't do this pen justice. I got my pen from Mike this weekend and I was so excited to see what he made for me. This is my first PITH pen and THANK YOU to everyone who convinced me to do this. It was the coolest thing ever.

He made this resin using pieces of wood from his shop! Who knew wood scraps could make something so beautiful. The transitions are perfect!! Thanks again Mike!!

Cheers!

Candy

Attachments

• DSC_0116.jpg
    DSC_0116.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC_0112.jpg
    DSC_0112.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC_0111.jpg
    DSC_0111.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 236

maxman400

:present:Candy I am Glad you Liked it, and Your Photos are Great. Have A Marry Christmas And a Happy New Year to all. :biggrin:
Max.

JayDevin

Jason, Your Pith is going into the Post today, I just finished it today.

Sorry for the wait but it aint Christmas yet

took Photos, but I wont post untill you get the real thing.

Jay

stolicky

I am hoping to get my pen out to Tim tomorrow, Wednesday, at the latest. I figured I would jump in like some others and include a tease. I snapped a few shots that I can post after he gets the pen.

There is a little story and some history behind this blank that I will share once Tim gets the pen.

Attachments

• IMG_7365_tease.JPG
    IMG_7365_tease.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_7367_tease.JPG
    IMG_7367_tease.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 151

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Well, I'm going to throw a "teaser" in here for Dion (dntrost.) His pen went in the mail today. At one time it looked like this:

I sure hope it comes out better on the other end. :biggrin:

Attachments

• dntrost hint.jpg
    dntrost hint.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 203

Druid

Santa made a MISTAKE!

Well, not really... he arrived early at my house with this nice gem!

Well Butch (lbd2000), you outdid yourself!... this "sweet gem" is a great addition to my personal collection & will travel in my front pocket!:biggrin:

Thank you & Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• pith1.jpg
    pith1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 199
  • pith2.jpg
    pith2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Recieved these over a week ago and finaly got some pics up. both were made by Marla (aka crickett) and both are stunning the pics dont do them justice the cigar pens colors are unbelieveable i wish the pic could capture them Thanks so much Marla these will be going next to the other pens i have recieved in trade

Attachments

• 100_2317.JPG
    100_2317.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 177
  • 100_2318.JPG
    100_2318.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 182

ldb2000

PITH pen from Druid (Jim)

This is the pen I received from Druid in the 2009 pen swap . It's a Majestic Squire with a totally awesome watch parts blank . I almost didn't get to post photos of this one because the LOML opened the box and proclaimed it as hers . He also sent it in a nice black hard case and several blanks as well .
I can't thank you enough Jim , it's awesome .

1_druidpith1.jpg

1_druidpith2.jpg
1_druidpith3.jpg

Gezawa

PITH Pen

G Day All,
This is the pen sent to me by Alan,it is awesome,was lucky to get some blanks as well, the girls have taken the acrylic blanks and I have put the timber away. The blessing also came in a pendant blank, the first I have turned since buying the pendant backe rplate from an IAP member.
Cheers Gerry

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 252

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
That looks great. I've got some of that rod and haven't had a chance to use it
yet.. but now I might have to!
The pendant came out nice, too. Some Cincinnati fan would scoop that up
(if you were in the US..)

Attachments

• bengals-helmet-logo-04.jpg
    bengals-helmet-logo-04.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 110

Paul in OKC

This is the pen I received from Druid in the 2009 pen swap . It's a Majestic Squire with a totally awesome watch parts blank . I almost didn't get to post photos of this one because the LOML opened the box and proclaimed it as hers . He also sent it in a nice black hard case and several blanks as well .
I can't thank you enough Jim , it's awesome .

That is just too cool!

Top Bottom