Pith 2009 photos go here

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

I received this pen today from Russell Eaton. All I can say is wow, the pic doesn't do it justice. The finish is one of the best I have ever seen, looks like it is glass coated.
He told me he has only been turning pens for 9 months. He has to be the fastest learner I have ever known then. The colors are well balanced with a great job done with the aluminum segments.
Thanks Russell!

Last edited:

Manny

I just got home to find a package from Scotty waiting at my door.
Here are some pics. I know it's a Sedona but I'd love to hear more about the wood. Mangrove? Grapefruit?

Also came with some awesome blanks. Thanks Scotty yours in on it's way

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

Manny

khogan16

to Junosdad

Hmm looks like it's an executive, maybe in a red wood, judging form the tone of the black and white. Maybe some red heart segmenting going on there????
:biggrin:

Chief Hill

I received this pen today from Russell Eaton. All I can say is wow, the pic doesn't do it justice. The finish is one of the best I have ever seen, looks like it is glass coated.
He told me he has only been turning pens for 9 months. He has to be the fastest learner I have ever known then. The colors are well balanced with a great job done with the aluminum segments.
Thanks Russell!

FYI pic is so small I can't see any details. Do you have another pic?

Mr Vic

Another Tease

Alton....It's done. Just another tease.......Am I mean or what....Santa might bring me just coal for Christmas.....Yeah..Don't have to split firewood!!!

Attachments

• TEASE.jpg
    TEASE.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 164

Scotty

Hey Manny Sorry I forgot the wood info.......it is spalted mango. I am glad you like it. It is the first Sedona I have done, and I really like them. I am not set up to take pics so I do thank you very much for posting. Please take a pic of your before you send it if you will. Wishing you and everyone else a Merry Christmas and Happy "PITHING"!

Manny

Hey Manny Sorry I forgot the wood info.......it is spalted mango. I am glad you like it. It is the first Sedona I have done, and I really like them. I am not set up to take pics so I do thank you very much for posting. Please take a pic of your before you send it if you will. Wishing you and everyone else a Merry Christmas and Happy "PITHING"!

It's already gone so you will just have to do your best :)
I like the sedona kit so much I ordered a few for gifts this year.
The pen is my new daily writer

Cheers Scotty!

arjudy

A very nice surprise

I received not one but three pens from Gerry Harp who lives in Western Australia. Not only did I get three pens but 3 blanks each of the following woods: Wandu, Sheoak, Brown Mallee Burl, Yellow Box Burl and York Gum Burl.
The fountain pen is made of figured gidgee, the baron on the left is striped jarrah and the baron on the right is brown mallee burl. Needless to say I was very happy when I opened the package.:):):):):)

Thanks again Gerry.

Attachments

• PITH 2009 photo IAP.jpg
    PITH 2009 photo IAP.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 250

Russell Eaton

My Pith Pen from Bob

Thanks Bob for the beautiful pen. If I can fight it away from my wife, I am going to add it to my collection. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• Pith Pen.jpg
    Pith Pen.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 241

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
PITH Teaser for Airrat

It will head out by the end of the week:biggrin:

Attachments

• 0912091775c.JPG
    0912091775c.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 281

sparhawk

My pith from dale

My pen from Dale Pace (Rochester) , a black Ti and Platinum "Areo" with Turqouise truestone. Beautiful pen and my pics dont do it justice. This is gonna make me go out and buy some truestone. I have only made the elegant beauty sierra in this style of pen and i really like this Aero better. Thanks again for a great pen Dale. pith1.jpg

pith2.jpg

brookswife803

PITH Pen from Gmanblue

Got this in the other day when I FINALLY went and checked the PO Box. :) David yours is on its way to you. Thanks for the beautiful Cigar and the cool blanks. Sending some blanks with your pen as well. Hope you like it all. I know I did! :)

Attachments

• 100_4123.jpg
    100_4123.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 100_4124.jpg
    100_4124.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 167
  • 100_4122.jpg
    100_4122.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 100_4121.jpg
    100_4121.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 100_4120.jpg
    100_4120.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 169

Grizz

Banned
I've been around for awhile but I'm lost on what a PITH pen is?

brookswife803

The box

Manny: The box did not come with the pen but thought it looked good as a backdrop. A full sized pen doesn't fit in it but its great for the Credit Card Pens or key chains etc.

Fishrule

Daniel's P.I.T.H. pen

Received Daniel's pen recently and it is beautiful. Very classy and sophisticated. Thrilled to have it as part of my personal collection. Thanks Daniel.

Attachments

• PITH pen from Daniel 12:09.jpg
    PITH pen from Daniel 12:09.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 267

Daniel

Kyle, I send it with a blessing, that it accompanies you through many grand moments in life. Thanks to everyone that organized as well as participated in this event. I love them but don't get to take part nearly as often as I would like.
My heartfelt affection to everyone in this group. Wish I could swap a pen with every single one of you.

Merry Christmas everyone

jskeen

Rust?

Ohhh that's nice. Did you hand paint the rust?

Actually the finial is the bark of the same piece of antler the cap is turned from. I didnt have any bark left on the cap by the time I got it down to size, so I cut a flat piece and turned it face out to replace the black finial.

Last edited:

Whaler

I received this beautiful Puzzle Pen today from DCBluesman. Thank you Lou I love it.

Attachments

• PuzzlePen.jpg
    PuzzlePen.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 248

maxman400

My Christmas Candy PITH

This My PITH from Candy1land, It has ALL of the colors. This is only her fifth pen that she has made. This is two gifts in one, it's a PITH pen and it's one of her first. By the looks of this one she will be doing fantastic things in a year. The fit and finish is top notch, it has a nice swell to the shape not to much and it feels great in my hand.
Thanks Candy for a GREAT PEN.:good::good::good::biggrin:
I hope the photos show what a great job she did on this pen.

Attachments

• Candys PITH  Pen 009_edited-1.jpg
    Candys PITH Pen 009_edited-1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 193
  • Candys PITH  Pen 014_edited-1.jpg
    Candys PITH Pen 014_edited-1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 157
  • Candys PITH  Pen 018_edited-1.jpg
    Candys PITH Pen 018_edited-1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

USAFVET98

I got my PITH pen today and I have to say I am impressed. Gary (CaptG) went all out on this one including engraving! I just hope the one I am sending him will be good enough. The pictures dont do this pen the justice it deserves. Thanks again Gary (For Everything).

Attachments

• iceage 009.jpg
    iceage 009.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 234
  • iceage 011.jpg
    iceage 011.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 238

ngeb528

Very cool but what I want to know is...

Gary - did you catch that fish and cast (pardon the pun) it?

I got my PITH pen today and I have to say I am impressed. Gary (CaptG) went all out on this one including engraving! I just hope the one I am sending him will be good enough. The pictures dont do this pen the justice it deserves. Thanks again Gary (For Everything).

Top Bottom