Pith 2009 photos go here

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

danroggensee

I think we should post the pictures after we get them from are patner not before we send them what you all say.

Dannie

Daniel

At least do not post pictures until your partner has received it. I would take one if you are able before sending it though. If the recipient is able to get a picture that is fine but if they are not you can always send them the one you took.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
At least do not post pictures until your partner has received it. I would take one if you are able before sending it though. If the recipient is able to get a picture that is fine but if they are not you can always send them the one you took.

I agree, I started only to give you all a playground for your teasing pics or whatever, we are all big enough to play without detailed rules being stated I think. :):wink:

maxman400

OK I'll Go first with a teaser, (on this page any way) This is for candy1land. :biggrin:

Attachments

• Candy's Pen 014_edited-2.jpg
    Candy's Pen 014_edited-2.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 503

jimofsanston

I will go first.

Skiprat sent two pens to my supprise. They look fantastic in person. The pictures do not do them justice. Excuss the photography I am still trying to learn this Sony AX200.

Attachments

• Pens to Skiprat and form me 009.jpg
    Pens to Skiprat and form me 009.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 579
  • Pens to Skiprat and form me 008.jpg
    Pens to Skiprat and form me 008.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 720
  • Pens to Skiprat and form me 010.jpg
    Pens to Skiprat and form me 010.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 449

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Glad you like them. The EB was the Pith theme pen( red,green, gold and silver ) and the other was just a freebie.

You beat me with the pics ( there's nothing wrong with the pics btw ) as I was just about to post a teaser:biggrin:

Attachments

• Pith.jpg
    Pith.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 746

bitshird

So happy I nearly PITH'd my self

Well I guess I'll be second, this is the pen I received from el_d. Lupe did an excellent job on this pen, I hope he isn't too disappointed when he gets his, I believe this is one of Curtis's Cactus blanks, done on one of my favorite pens, a Long Click, the fit and finish on this pen are fantastic.
Thanks Lupe for a pen I'll treasure and Thanks to Landon for running this great exchange

Attachments

• PITH-Cactus-Lupe-D-2.jpg
    PITH-Cactus-Lupe-D-2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 677
  • PITH-Cactus--Lupe-D-1.jpg
    PITH-Cactus--Lupe-D-1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 355

papaturner

Glad you like them. The EB was the Pith theme pen( red,green, gold and silver ) and the other was just a freebie.

You beat me with the pics ( there's nothing wrong with the pics btw ) as I was just about to post a teaser:biggrin:

Beautiful pens and thanks for the segmenting idea. Dumbies like me need that sorta stuff.

Rollerbob

Well I'm not first but I'm sure not last. This is the beauty I received from AREAMAN. Well made and has all the festive Christmas colors along with a very nice leatherette box to store it in. Thanks Bill for such a nice pen!!!:wink: Sorry the pictures do not do this pen justice. BTW, the spots are rain drops, go figure.

Attachments

• pith pen 004.jpg
    pith pen 004.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 413
  • pith pen 007.jpg
    pith pen 007.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 374

OKLAHOMAN

PITH for donpratt tease

Red and Gold were two of the colors right?......Tease of the PITH going to donpratt
IMG_1627-2.jpg

areaman

I have really enjoyed this PITH event, and want to say thanks to Landen and Cav for going through all the trouble. And to RollerBob for the wonderful tease...
areaman (Bill)

bitshird

I love doing exchanges like this, they are so cool, I have 4 pens now from various exchanges and one that was given me in a raffle so Now I have to get a special display for these wonderful pens, I have to say Lupe's just floored me. it's the best ever.

Rollerbob

Ken, I have to agree with you. This is my first trade but not my first gifted pen. They all are quite special. Thanks Landen for putting this together!!

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
You are all welcome, :wink: keep the photos coming as the swaps are completed. On a side note: why does everyone spell my name with an E, ever since grade school it has been that way. Sometimes I wish my parents had just named me Scott, Bill, or something else simple. :eek:

Landon

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
:biggrin: Sorry Manny but your real name sounds like a surgical procedure :biggrin:

....and Landen, thanks again for doing this:biggrin:

Daniel

Thanks Landon (with an O) I completed my pen last night but packed it up without taking any pictures. Honestly I want it to be a complete surprise when my partner sees it.
I have to actually go to the post office to mail it though and my significant other informed me that might take a day or two, Ah well the waiting is the best part.
Oh and a bit more on the "E" issue. it is because of how most people would pronounce your name. lazy tongue gives it an e sound rather than an O. I'm from the mid west and have a horrid lazy tongue accent.

RIPPIN45

First Participation.

Here is three pics of what I have made. Parts are green, red, & white acrylic, diet coke can cut up, and white tubes in a chrome cigar kit.
will be sending it off next week!

1_PITH_PARTS_2009.jpg
1_PITH_BLANK_2009.jpg
1_PITH_09_Pen.jpg

Fishrule

Daniel,

In a couple of days when I get your PITH pen, I'll be happy to take a few pictures and post them here. Hope I can do it justice.

As for the pen you'll be receiving from me, you'll have to wait a while as I was so indecisive about what to make that I ordered several new blanks from which to choose. I'll get there...

-Kyle

el_d

Great PITH !!!

Well, recieved my PITH today, actually neighbor got it in their mailbox.

I dont know what Ken was worried about. It was a beautiful FULL sized Fountain Gent dressed in a Golden Dawn resin from exoticblanks with Gold Ti plating.
The fit and finish are great and I am very stoked to have been paired with an artist like Ken. Kinda makes me feel bad for sending a long click. But hopefully Curtis' cactus blank saved some face for me:redface:.
Thank you Ken for such a wonderfull gift. I Now have my own fountain pen that I will carry with me proudly. I didnt know whether I would like the full size pens but this is VERY NICE. Got some copper burst Private reserve ink at home that would go very nicely with this golden gent.

Thank you Cav and Landon for setting this up and thank you Ken, you the man!!!!!!:cool:

Attachments

• KenPITH.jpg
    KenPITH.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

Mr Vic

Oh Nooooo!

Yippe Ya Hooo..!!!! My Pith arrived today from Alton. My wife called me at work to let me know. Got home and sure enough there it was in the mail box but, Oh crap........It's in a priorty mail box.......What do I do? My wife has forbidden me to open one. Why? She has reason....to keep it short I'll let a picture say a thousand words.

Managed to get it open without a box knife and here' what a found. A Sedona dressed in Big Leaf Maple - double dyed in Red and Green plus a few extras. The pictures don't do it justice...

A Big Thanks Alton aka greenmtnguy. Yours is glued up ready for turning this weekend. Got a craft fair Saturday but have Sunday and Monday clear for shop time.

Attachments

• IMG_1491-AS.jpg
    IMG_1491-AS.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_1490-AS.jpg
    IMG_1490-AS.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_1237-S.JPG
    IMG_1237-S.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_1485-AS.jpg
    IMG_1485-AS.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:

BigShed

My PITH pen from Workinforwood (Jeff Powell) arrived a couple of days ago.

It was with eager anticipation that I opened the box and this is what was what in it.

Jeff is obviously on a "bee trip", what with bee fairies and all (have a look at his website).

It is a rather humurous and whimsical piece, very nice IMHO.

Hopefully Jeff will add some of his thinking behind this pen similar to the explanation he sent me.

Attachments

• IMG_1367.JPG
    IMG_1367.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_1363.JPG
    IMG_1363.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_1362.JPG
    IMG_1362.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 243

workinforwood

I do hope you love the pen. It was a real joy to make. It's impossible to see in the photo's because a camera can't wrap around, but there is more bee hive below that bee inlaid into the wood. I really like bee's because they are the humans of the insect world. This pen represents the 5%. In a hive, there is one queen, 95% workers and 5% artists. The 5% are the saviors of the hive. The Queen only cares about food. The workers only gather food. But the workers don't know where the food is, they have to be shown, and then they continue to gather until there is no more pollen to left. When the pollen runs low, the hive goes into a depression. The 5% however, they are off on their own, gorging, having a great time exploring, meeting new bee's, doing whatever they want. But..they still go back to the hive, but only to socialize. They love attention and they are the great motivators. As the hive sinks, the 5% come back and compete for everyone's attention by dancing. The dancing is actually a map to more pollen. The Dancer's begin to lift the mood and the workers follow their map to the new pollen. The 5% are hero's, the workers become hero's, the economy booms right along until the next depression, and it starts all over again. Who knew a bee hive suffered from so many emotional twists and turns!

bitshird

Well, recieved my PITH today, actually neighbor got it in their mailbox.

I dont know what Ken was worried about. It was a beautiful FULL sized Fountain Gent dressed in a Golden Dawn resin from exoticblanks with Gold Ti plating.
The fit and finish are great and I am very stoked to have been paired with an artist like Ken. Kinda makes me feel bad for sending a long click. But hopefully Curtis' cactus blank saved some face for me:redface:.
Thank you Ken for such a wonderfull gift. I Now have my own fountain pen that I will carry with me proudly. I didnt know whether I would like the full size pens but this is VERY NICE. Got some copper burst Private reserve ink at home that would go very nicely with this golden gent.

Thank you Cav and Landon for setting this up and thank you Ken, you the man!!!!!!:cool:

Will post some pics when I get my "studio" set up

Lupe, I am delighted with the Cactus long click, I've been showing it to everybody, everyone that has seen it is amazed that it's made from a Cactus skeleton, their jaws drop when I outline what the process of making the blank is explained, I love it, in fact I've been using it instead of my Osage Orange and Dino bone long click. I'm glad you like the Gent.

areaman

well I recieved the pen that Rollerbob had teased me with. And I must say it was worth the wait! Excellent segmenting with wood and acrylic cigar along with a leather pouch for carrying. Thank you Bob for such a great pen. Trying to figure out how to put a pic on here. Finally got the photo on but it is in the PITH photos.

Last edited:

bmac

bobskio2003

Well, I got Bob's pen made and he recieved it yesterday. He was pleased with it and I'm awaiting his, which he said will be done shortly. I took a picture and am including it. The pen is a satin silver cigar with dyed maple lamination wood with a CA finish.

Wishing everyone at IAP a Merry Christmas and safe and joyous New Year.

Bobby
Louisiana

Attachments

• DSCN0339.jpg
    DSCN0339.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 319

junosdad

Words of encouragement

If we could all take a moment to send positive turning thoughts to KHogan. Sadly, the pen he was turning for me blew up.:eek: And it sounded fantastic. More importantly, he was wearing his shield, so no damage to him. Hang in there brother. I'm not in any rush :)

Hoping not to add insult to injury, here's a teaser of what will soon be headed to the greater Pittsburgh area. FWIW, there is a part of me that feels bad about not posting it in color :biggrin:

Sam

Attachments

• PITHtease.jpg
    PITHtease.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Top Bottom