Pass It Forward - Post Status & Pics Here

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TXPhi67

Hello all!

Well the sign up is closed and we are getting things started!

There are few folks who are on the list, but I'm either missing their $5 donation or other info. I've PM'd those who I still need stuff from and hope to have everything all wrapped up in the next couple of days.

Here is the list of folks that I have signed up (in no particular order):

TXPhi67
dow
Brooks803
Hunter-27
Pioneerpens
altaciii
Joe Pierce
tbfoto
ken69912001
bobskio2003
mvaldez
mbroderg
Phunky-2003
meucci2009
nava1uni
1080Wayne
Glenn McCullough
RyanNJ
JohnU
Oldwagon
SkookumPens
Buzzzz4
David Keller
cnccutter
johnkofi

As reminder (and for ongoing reference), here are the rules again (with a few modifications suggested by participants):

1) A small flat rate box will be used for shipping. We need to keep it to this size of box. Please do not increase the size of box. Your generosity is appreciated in advance, but we want to control the shipping costs for all participants. Also, the focus is quality of items over quantity.

2) To start the trade, I will PM the first person and announce it as a separate post to this thread. I will ship the starting box with my contributions with in 2 business days of receiving a confirmation reply.

3) Once you receive the box, PM me for the next person on the list. Also, please post that you have received the box as well as a pic of the goodies inside.

4) I will reply to your PM with the next person on the list.

5) Once you receive my PM with the person to ship to, PM them to confirm they are still participating and that they are next.

6) Once you receive the PM that you are next, reply to both the current box holder and to me with in 2 business days. This is the time to notify me of any issues that would require you being temporarily skipped. That way, I can move you on the list rather than completely skipping you.

7) If the current box holder and/or I do not receive a reply with in 2 business days of the PM notification, we will skip that person and go to the next. I will work with the box holder on this should it occur.

8) Once the current box holder and/or I receive confirmation from the next person on the list – the box holder will have
2 business days to ship the box and should follow up with a post to the thread when it is shipped out and to whom it was shipped.

9) Feel free to take any and/or all of the items for yourself. However, you will need to ship a full small flat rate box out to the next person and the quality of items should equal or exceed those you take. Any pen related items can be included in the box. This includes blanks (natural or man-made), kits, small tools/jigs, etc. As long as it will fit in the box – it can be included.
The items included do not have to be of your manufacture. They can be purchased items, found items, made items, etc. The key is to share something that you have and that is a something you are proud of and/or feel enhances your pen making experience.

10) The last leg of the trade will be to loop back to me. Then we can think about doing another! :)

11) This is the most important rule - Have fun, learn something, and share something!

Take care and PM me with any questions!

Thanks,

Brian

dow

I got the box on Saturday. Just had a chance to get some pics of the goodies inside. Click on the pictures for full size pics.

Brian send some mighty fine blanks:

and some mighty fine pen kits:

Thanks Brian!

TXPhi67

Sorry you missed this round Larry. If this is as successful as I hope, there will be a sequel. Hopefully, we will have all the same stars come back with a few additions. :)

Mark the thread so that you can follow it because this is where I will post in follow ups.

Dow -

Thanks for posting and PM sent with next in line for the box.

Take care all,

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Box is here, re-packed and getting ready to move on to Brooks803. Here is a pic of what arrived. Some great blanks, kits, and a laser cut puzzle kit. Thanks for starting this Brian.

Landon

Attachments

• 4.4.2010 00012a.jpg
    4.4.2010 00012a.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 447

Brooks803

Just got the package this morning. Here is what was inside. I'll post a pic of the stuff before I package it up to go out.

Attachments

• 100_6047.jpg
    100_6047.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 457

dow

It's neat to compare what arrived in the initial box from Brian and see how the contents are changing. Stuff comes and goes from the box, and I've seen a couple of things show up already that made me think, "Man, I wish I was farther down the list." :biggrin:

Pioneerpens

Box arrived this morning....some fabulous stuff....getting ready to repack and will send it on when I find out where it goes :O

Attachments

• PIF BOX.jpg
    PIF BOX.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 437

altaciii

Thank you, Jennifer. The box arrived yesterday and I just got off work and opened it up to see the goodies. Pic of the contents are below. Will be packing it back up tonight for a trip to Hagerstown, Md. A long way from South Texas.

Attachments

• pass it forward box.jpg
    pass it forward box.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 402

Brooks803

So what's goin on with the box? Haven't heard anything for quite some time, I hope Roy didn't PO the PO with his rant:tongue:. Hope it's not lost.

tbfoto

I was afraid of this. My name was working it's way to the top of the list and BAM...box is gone. LOL Let's hope it will show up soon.

Tom

dow

I was afraid of this. My name was working it's way to the top of the list and BAM...box is gone. LOL Let's hope it will show up soon.

Tom

Hmm... You know what they say... "Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you." :biggrin:

TXPhi67

Just a quick update - Joe Pierce has the box. However, business travel has slowed him down a bit.

He let me know that he should be posting soon.

Thanks all!

Joe Pierce

The Box

sorry for taking a little long. As was stated, I have been out of town and it put me behind. But, here is a picture of the contents when it arrived. I am keeping the corncob, the pecan, and the bronze corian.

Attachments

• passitforward.jpg
    passitforward.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 364

TXPhi67

Joe,

Thanks for the posting. Traveling on average 70% of the time for my job - I completely understand how disruptive it can be.

I'm looking forward to seeing the box at it's new stop and the goodies you place in it.

This has been fun setting up and I've really been happy with the level of participation.

The the idea of this was for each of us to share the "best" we had and to add a little fun and excitement for everyone in that you don't know what exactly is going to show up on your doorstep.

The surprise and even a little "one-up-man-ship" in loading up the box is all part of the fun.

So, to those of you have already received and sent your box - Thank You!

For those of you who have not received the box, don't loose hope. :) It's coming! Be thinking of what you want to show case to the next person.

Take care all!

tbfoto

HEY HEY HEY....I think were back on track. I got the box today. I picked out a couple blanks and added a few more to the mix. Here is a before (left) and after (right) shot. I will send out tomorrow as soon as I hear from Brian as to where to send it. There is one additional small item I found to add to the box that is not in the photo so it should show up on the next.

Y'all have a good day,
Tom

UPDATE...I had this package in my possesion less than 24 hours before shipping out to next member. Package was shipped 5-11-10 and was only going about 30 miles down the road.

Attachments

• 78 resized.jpg
    78 resized.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 321
  • 79 resized.jpg
    79 resized.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

TXPhi67

Oh you of little faith!

ken69912001 has the box and is confirming that our next recipient is available for shipping as well as verifying the address. We should see pics and a post today or tomorrow with notification of shipping shortly there after.

While I'm here, how about an update on who is left on the list.

If your name ISN'T listed AND you have NOT received the box - plz PM me.

If your name IS listed AND you HAVE received the box - plz PM me.

So, assuming that my list is valid - the following have not received the box (in no particular order).

Oldwagon
bobskio2003
mvaldez
mbroderg
Phunky_2003
meucci2009
nava1uni
1080Wayne
Glenn McCullough
RyanNJ
JohnU
SkookumPens
Buzzzz4
David Keller
cnccutter
johnkofi
And of course - Me

I will gladly accept bribes to move you up or down the list. The actual order is a closely guarded secret that the only other to know is my dog - and he ain't talking.

Seriously - if you have something coming up (travel, marriage, vacation, etc) and you know you are not going to be available to receive and reship during a specific time, give me a heads up and I will be more than happy to work with you.

Thanks!

TXPhi67

We aren't quite 1/4 of the way through this first pass. So, I would say that this one will probably last through the summer if it continues to move at the rate it has so far. I haven't decided what to do next.

There are several other serial trades going on and I think one or two of them may allow folks to jump in at anytime. I think one of them may be Ratty's Tour.

Additionally, you can always start up your own trade by posting something in the Trade section. There are always folks on the look out to do trades.

Take care,

TXPhi67

Anything is possible. ;-)

I'm mulling over some options to change things up a bit based on some feedback and some of my on thoughts.

Just want to get through this first as this is my serial trade that I've managed.

So far so good and I'm sure there will be a PIF sequel.

Take care,

Top Bottom