Pass it Forward - BOX #3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
This will be the thread to post tracking info, photos & banter for Box #3.

I will get the box started tomorrow - I had it ready to go, but the first stop will be in Australia, so I'm going to adjust a few things & repack it tonight to be sure that it can stay under 2 lb - at least for the first few stops in Australia & Canada.

Remember, you can take out as much as you want (all of it if you wish) - just replace them with equal or better items. Try to put in things that you would like to get yourself -- the emphasis should be on quality over quantity. Lets try to keep this to an SFRB or an SFRB inside a priority mail envelope.

Also, this game will have an optional "pass a pen" feature. You are asked to make any kind of pen that uses a Parker style refill to send on to the next person. If you would rather not participate in that part of the game, just leave the pen that you receive in the box and pass that one on to the next person.

Here's the routing list for Box #3:
Tonychar (Australia)
Gofer (Canada)
Falcon1220 (Canada)
Greasythumb
Brian G
Krudwig
Phillip Kelley
L8nite4me
Edward Cypher
Bryceprusse
Mbroberg
Denniszoomy
Rblakemore
Sbwertz
Rrumohr1
Mr Vic
Kendallqn
Quality Pen
Lathemaster
Electricalme
Jsolie
Elkhorn
Triw51
Fordwakeman
Nava1uni
Joe966
Akingkubo
JasonC
USNR'03
Jayk1998
Edohmann

If I missed anyone who thought they had signed up, please let me know.

PM me for any questions or if you have any travel or other issues that will require an adjustment to the routing order.

Thanks for playing - let's have fun.
Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Box #3 was just picked up by our carrier & is on its way to Australia.
Tracking # is LZ312001602US

Let the fun begin
Edgar

Attachments

• Box3_Packed.JPG
    Box3_Packed.JPG
    346 KB · Views: 223

Falcon1220

Box #3 was just picked up by our carrier & is on its way to Australia.
Tracking # is LZ312001602US

Let the fun begin
Edgar

I am #3 on the list :biggrin:. Very exciting.
Hope the box makes it to my door filled with some goodies from Down-under.
My next door neighbor is from Down-under.:cowboy: . It would be great to get a wooden blank from Aus to supprise him with a pen. :bananen_smilies046:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Looks like box #3 has been delivered in Australia -- it's already the weekend there, so it will probably be a couple of days before Tony gets it moving again

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered AUSTRALIA May 30, 2014 9:27 am
Processed Through Sort Facility AUSTRALIA May 28, 2014 4:05 pm
Processed Through Sort Facility ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) May 24, 2014 5:04 pm
Processed through USPS Sort Facility CHICAGO, IL 60666 May 24, 2014 2:29 pm
Arrived at Sort Facility ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) May 24, 2014 2:29 pm
Depart Post Office SUGAR LAND, TX 77478 May 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Acceptance SUGAR LAND, TX 77478 May 22, 2014 11:23 am
Electronic Shipping Info Received May 22, 2014

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Tony (Tonychar) confirmed to me yesterday that he received the box on Monday. Even though the USPS tracking showed that it was delivered on Friday, no one was home at the time, so the postal carrier held it until Monday so he could personally hand it to Tony.

Tony said that he had a pen ready to send to Gofer with the box, so hopefully it's on its way from Australia to Canada by now, but I haven't received confirmation of that yet.

Krash

Man Edgar, you are gonna have a wheelbarrow full of stuff in a couple months. 3 boxes that have grown from SFRB to MFRB. You should be siting pretty as far as blanks and supplies!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Tony's back went out & he wound up in the hospital for a few days. He was planning to ship the box today, but I haven't got confirmation yet.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Ouch!!!

I hope everything turns out OK. A trip to the hospital is never good and back pain is by far, the worst!!!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
hi guys the box is on its way today had to had to take some of the timber out of it because of weight was to heavy anyway its on it way back to yous now thanks for letting me be part of this.

Thanks Tony,
Glad you are up and around again. Back pain is no fun!
Please post the tracking # and some photos of what you took out when you have a chance.
Stay well
Edgar

Falcon1220

From Down Under to Albeta via Vancouver......Man if I had a contact at Canada Post to steal it away. The Vancouver customs mail centre is walking distanse from my office. Now I have to wait for it to go from here to a 1000 km away and back again

Gofer

Time for a look at a few goodies .. I took some and added a few more. A couple kits and 4 blanks for supploies and one very nice pen that will go into my collection.

IMG_3349.jpg

Hopefully Tony can give us a little more info on the pen but my pics are no where as nice as what it looks like in person. I only showed the "Australia" clip from the slimline kit I grabbed, but there are plenty or goodies in the box for the next stops on the journey.

Bruce

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thanks for the pics, guys - that certainly adds interest to the game.

I used Huisache (Vachellia farnesiana - aka Sweet Acacia) from my farm to make Tony's pen. I wanted to use a native Texas wood & something that would likely be new to Tony.

Huisache has a really pretty pink heartwood and is quite common in Texas & parts south, but is rarely seen in pen blanks or other wood working. It is a very thorny, small tree and the logs tend to split badly while drying. Here's another photo of the pen that shows the true colors a little better.

Edgar

Attachments

• Huisache.jpg
    Huisache.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 169

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Box #3 is on its way to Falcon1220 - the last leg of its international travels before returning to the USA.

Greasythumb has requested that we skip him for now, so Isak will send it to Brian G in Minnesota. I will work Greasythumb back into the list when he is ready for it.

Thanks for playing.
Edgar

Falcon1220

Finally Canada Post delivers a package early and undamaged. Glad to see it made it and you found a little treasure inside.

Bruce

Found more than a little treasure :biggrin:
Thanks for the two great pens in there. Please give me more info on them....snakeskin and the other???

Falcon1220

Two pens received from Bruce in box 3. Realy well made, perfect fit. My wife claimed the purple and I will carry the snakeskin with me.:)
Thanks Bruce

Big thank you to Edgar for doing this and adding me. :)

Box 3 will move on to the USA on Monday. I will add tracking then

image.jpg

Top Bottom