Pass it Forward - BOX #2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leaycraft

goodies

Yep- I did some nice blanks, a patch for my turning smock and coaster for beverage.

Soon as school ends , its off to Maine for a class at Lie-Neilsen with Chris Schwarz on building a Dutch Tool chest and a few days of quality time with the spouse, then home and some shop time on the lathe ( she feels neglected, have to turn something soon).

stonepecker

OK Guys......three days without a posting where the box is........is driving me crazy.
Which post office has it now? What is the hold up?

"Move it.....Move it.....Move it !!!"

Sitting here in the rain, staring at the screen..............waiting.

BJohn

received Box #2

Received the box late this afternoon, will be going back to tomorrow. Pictures to follow in the morning.

Christmas in June HO HO HO

BJohn

Box #2

Billy the box is on it's way to you. On the road again.

Picture 1 is what I took out and I did add 1 more blank after I took the picture

Picture 2 is what I put in Plus a Colorado Alabaster Blank

Ya'll have and idea

Attachments

• DSCF1772.jpg
    DSCF1772.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCF1774.jpg
    DSCF1774.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 160

Sataro

Ah the wait is nearly over... Cabot in a nice little drive north of me. So hopefully the package will be arriving very quickly.

BJohn

On it's way

Billy

It went out in yesterday, priority mail. You are not to far, so my bet is on tomorrow. And I mentioned the the Alabaster blank added, also I put in stabilized purple dyed something. Can't remember. (Getting to Old).

Box 2 is on the move again, but some how I got out of sync, I think it was becasue BJohn got moved in the line up and I missed him, but I think it is correct now. Edgar when you put CrimsonKeel back in the line up let me know.

Anyway Box 2 is going just a short distance this time from John in Cabot AR to Billy in Corsicana, TX.

Don't forget to post pictures of what you take out and what you make from what you have received.
6-5-2014Box2_zps668abb21.jpg

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Yes, Bjohn dropped down to the spot between Ottotroll & Sataro.

Sataro will send it to CrimsonKeel (who has taken Ossaguy's place).
CrimsonKeel will send it to JimMills and we should be back in the original order from that point on unless someone else has a vacation or trip conflict.

Sataro

Box #2 was sitting on my back porch when I got home this evening from work! Some nice goodies inside...This is what I kept....
Box will be on the way to Crimsonkeel on Friday!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 144

Sataro

Box 2 is on the move again! It is now on the way to CrimsonKeel who took Ossaguy's place. Will try to update the tracking # later this evening.

Sataro

Ok, here is the tracking #9114901230801882317699. My apologies for the delay.

Made a fatal mistake on Saturday. Decided to reinstall my pool stairs for the summer. Went outside about 11:30 am to get started. After installing stairs, decided to give the pool a good vacuum job. Water felt good, so stayed in until about 3:30 pm. The fatal mistake was forgetting to put any sunblock on. Still to uncomfortable to move much. With this burn out of the way, I will now have a healthy respect for the sun all summer...:)

stonepecker

You would think those Texans would know better. LOL Sorry to hear about the burn.
Looks like #2 is in MI today......YIPEE. Move that box......we are falling behind in this race.

Watching and waiting.

CrimsonKeel

So the mail man tricked me yesterday. he came by a second time to deliver the box because it was so heavy. So I was able to select what I wanted and just shipped it out a few minutes ago.
tracking number 9505500007334161000137
ill put up some pictures later of what I selected.

Box 2 is on it's 14th leg, one leg ahead of box 1. I think with this post I am caught up and back on track. This leg is going from Ben in Royal Oak MI to Jim in O'Fallan MO. With the next leg Box 2 will be half way there.
6-11-2014Box2_zps059c28b2.jpg

stonepecker

In the beginning..........
If someone would have told me it would take this long .... to go this far on the list.
I would have said "BULLFEATHERS!"

Just happy that we are still ahead of the first package.
I just pick up something 'new' today for the box...... I wonder how far it will get.

Sataro

My biggest problem is I got sunburned so bad, I don't feel like stepping outdoors yet. All I can do is look at the blanks & razor kit I got out of the box. The blanks & the razor kit are sitting beside my computer just tempting me...

CrimsonKeel

In the beginning..........
If someone would have told me it would take this long .... to go this far on the list.
I would have said "BULLFEATHERS!"

Just happy that we are still ahead of the first package.
I just pick up something 'new' today for the box...... I wonder how far it will get.

I figure its a 4-5 day turn around for each recipient. day one you get the box day to you ship and it takes 2-3 days to hit next person. That is with perfect turn around. if it takes someone a couple days to ship it extends the time.

I've got to warn you fellows; I only get into town to pick up and send out mail once a week. I will try my best to get it as close to the day of delivery, and will have everything with me to send it out again, but try to understand - I live in the boonies!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I've got to warn you fellows; I only get into town to pick up and send out mail once a week. I will try my best to get it as close to the day of delivery, and will have everything with me to send it out again, but try to understand - I live in the boonies!

No problem - I only ask everyone to do the best they can. The 2-day turnaround request is merely a goal - not a requirement.

Edgar

JimMills

Box two on the way

This is the new tracking no

This is what I took out
Very nice items.
Will try to make something next week and post for all to see

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 151
Box 2 is really make good progress this week. Today it is headed from Jim in O'Fallon MO to Mike in Virginia Beach, VA. When the box reaches Mike (on Saturday, atleast that is what the tracking shows), box 2 will be at the half way point.
6-13-2014Box2_zps098a33a6.jpg

stonepecker

Keeping my fingers crossed. :rain: I am hopefull that it can get to me in a week. I am suppose to leave the middle of next week on a working trip. :bananen_smilies046:

Come on USPS.......move it! :airplane:

JimMills

Pen made from a blank in box 2

This is a Pen made from a blank in box 2
It is a Elite 2 Rollerball in Gunmetal

I do not know what wood this was made out of, but when I saw it in the box I knew it would make a nice Pen.
Would the person who put it in the box let me know what wood is.

Attachments

• rsz_2014-06-18_152453.jpg
    rsz_2014-06-18_152453.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 112
Sorry that I have not keep up on the box progress this week. I was out of town at a conference and didn't have much time. SO I will catch up now. At last report the box was on it's way to Mike in Virginia Beach VA. Mike received the box and sent it on to Bill in West Chester OH. Bill received it and it is on the way to Mike in Spartanburg, SC Here is the map
6-20-2014Box2_zpscec68319.jpg

Top Bottom