Pass it Forward - BOX #2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TimS124

...for some reason I am unable to edit my original post so I wasn't able to correct it here.

Edgar

You can only edit your posts within a fairly short window of time (ten minutes I think) after it's been initially posted. It's spelled out somewhere in the usage guidelines. I think it was one of the BASH trivia questions... :biggrin:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
...for some reason I am unable to edit my original post so I wasn't able to correct it here.

Edgar

You can only edit your posts within a fairly short window of time (ten minutes I think) after it's been initially posted. It's spelled out somewhere in the usage guidelines. I think it was one of the BASH trivia questions... :biggrin:

Aha!
I'll remember that for next year's BASH. :)

Great!

Turning is an obsession, so the "Pass It Forward" game is a novel idea! To exchange wood across the country is an interesting concept! Please add me to the list!

Sounds interesting! Where was this posted so I can be on the look-out next time around? I suppose you take a blank out, start making a pen from it and put something else in???

Phillip,
The rules for the Pass It Forward game are here:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/its-about-time-pass-forward-game-121778/

I will put your name on my alternates list which I am also using to gauge interest in a possible third box.

Edgar

Karl_99

I did receive the box yesterday and will make my picks today, restuff it and get it ready to ship tomorrow. There are some cool things in there...but you already knew that!!

tbroye

My last post on Box#2 Her is the shop cat aka Momma Kitty. It's been raining off and on today and she decided to hang out in the shop so no shop for now. If I start the lathe or some other tool she will bolt out the cat door and run right into the dogs. The dogs like cat as sleep with her kids but if she runs they chase. Once the got to smell her they leaver her alone but she doesn't trust us or them that well

Attachments

• IMG_1625.jpg
    IMG_1625.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 112

Karl_99

Pass The Box #2

OK...So this is more fun than I expected. The package arrived Saturday and was almost bursting at the seams! I selected these items from the box and replaced them with new stuff I cannot fit them all in the box and will send them in the mailer.

This has been fun!!! Thanks[

URL=http://www.penturners.org/photos/index.php?n=26109]
1_Pass_The_Bos_2_42714.jpg
[/URL]

tbroye

Karl

You had the same trouble I did trying to cram the new stuff in. It was fun and I was worried about the envelope bursting and debated about sending an extra envelope so I just took more of the stuff Edgar sent out and made room for my stuff. I made a suggestion to Edgar and adding a new twist to the next game. This did give a boost to my pen turning and got me back out in the shop

Karl_99

Package Sent

Going to PO in few min. Will send you, leslie and Edgar tracking #

Thanks

Mailed Box #2 Tracking # 13110670000025135551

I taped the mailer to help keep it from tearing. It is stuffed, so the next couple of people have to take out more stuff or switch to a MFRB. :biggrin:

I did not receive a cat nor did I send one, although I did consider it for a moment! :eek:

Have fun!

cestmoi

Drats! I have to work tomorrow and will not be able to to stand vigil all day at my mailbox waiting for Box 2 to arrive. I've found that it usually takes 2-3 days anyway for priority mail to arrive even just from the other side of the state.

Karl, I'm very glad you resisted the temptation to include a cat in the box.

stonepecker

The more that I watch this box moving.......the more I think I won't see it till JUNE. By the time it gets here it should be really packed full.

I did pick up some sood this last weekend while on the road. It is a lot of fun to show up at someones shop and visit for an hour. I took him some wood I have from tress I recieved last summer/fall from the tree trimers. He gave me wood that he said was to soft for him to turn.
My plans are to make him a pen out of the wood I recieved. Also, going to save a piece for the box when it gets here. Right this second, I have 4 items ready to trade into the box. Need to see what else I find in the next month.

Scotty

Just a heads up.....the box is coming to me soon. I will be away a couple of days, so if it sits a day or two, you guys know why. I am looking forward to seeing what all is in it. Thanks for everyones help in getting this thing going.

Charlie_W

Just a heads up.....the box is coming to me soon. I will be away a couple of days, so if it sits a day or two, you guys know why. I am looking forward to seeing what all is in it. Thanks for everyones help in getting this thing going.

Could you perhaps be going to MAPG. Looks like box 1 may get to me while I am there.

cestmoi

The box arrived today with lots of exciting goodies inside. I've taken what I wanted and filled it back up. It's definitely outgrown the original small flat rate box and now also requires a small flat rate envelope. By the time this thing runs the full course, the box will need freight delivery. I mailed it off to Scotty today.

Tracking No: 9505521506014120000125

Attachments

• pass it forward box.jpg
    pass it forward box.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 203

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Wow Leslie! Way to go!
A 3-hour turnaround from the time you got the package until it's on the way to the next player.
I might just have to offer a prize to the person with the fastest turnaround.
You've set a high bar for sure. :biggrin:

Edgar

Scotty

Ok, back home and on track. Found the box stuffed full of goodies. Will post pics later. Just wanted to let everyone know that it will be back on the move shortly.

Scotty

i didn't get pics yet, but I will. I took a couple of blanks and a key chain kit. There was a very nice mini pine cone blank in there. Looking forward to using it. I put in some pendant blanks and pen blanks.

Both boxes are on the move again and both are headed from Virginia to Washington state. Box 2 is going from Blacksburg, VA to Lacey, WA. Box one is going from Sterling VA to Spokane WA. Both boxes are on the 5th leg.
5-6-2014BOX2_zpse9bdc224.jpg

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Geez I feel bad for not getting in after seeing no one from Michigan got in. Will be looking forward to the next go around.

There are 3 players from Michigan in the Box #1 group though.
I'll add you to the list for a possible box #3. Watch for an announcement within the week.

Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I is on its'e way to me in Washington! Woot!

Apparently the "box" has outgrown the Small Flat Rate Size and now is in a Priority Envelope. Should we switch to a MFRB?

I'd prefer to stay with an SFRB or envelope. The idea is to focus on quality rather than quantity.

An SFRB fits into a priority envelope with room to cram a few extra blanks or items around the box if you wish, but it's not required. Putting the box inside an envelope also saves 20¢ on postage. It's one of the few times that I feel like I'm putting something over on the government. :)

Edgar

Scotty

It is in a priority envelope because of the postal clerk I dealt with. She didn't seem to know what a small flat rate envelope was and I didn't want to hold up shipping it out any longer. It hasn't outgrown it. I just chose to pay the extra to get it back on the road.

Top Bottom