23 TimS124
24 Bedangerous
25 Alankulwicki7
26 Ttpenman
27 MaestroAM
28 Jim Burr
29 Penmaker1967
30 Edohmann

This will be the thread for posting photos & descriptions of what you take OUT of the box; receipt & shipping status including tracking numbers; and general comments & banter.

I fed your signup order (1-29) into random.org to generate this list. Let me know if your situation changes as the game progresses - I will be glad to make adjustments to the list as needed.

I will pack both boxes this weekend & get them started on Monday. Let's see which group finishes first.

Thanks everyone for playing - have fun!
Edgar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

I wonder if someone could figure out the milage the boxes are going to make.

It will be interesting to see what is 'swapped' as the box moves forward. I have already sent a message to Josh to see if there is anything I can put into the box that he would be looking for. You know, something that would be special to him.

I also sent my address to Skelton to maybe just speed things up a little and maybe move the box along a little faster. We don't want Edgar to wait to long,......do we?

tbroye

I am #1 on the list and have Karl 99's address, I am ready to Rumble. Edgar has mine so Monday is the day. Better out in the shop find some goodies. Anybody for semi Feral Cat that lives in my shop wouldn't that be suprise.:devil:

Sataro

I am #1 on the list and have Karl 99's address, I am ready to Rumble. Edgar has mine so Monday is the day. Better out in the shop find some goodies. Anybody for semi Feral Cat that lives in my shop wouldn't that be suprise.:devil:

In the unlikely event that tbroye figures out how to squeeze the semi Feral Cat into the sfrb & cat lives through the ordeal...

I hope someone feels pity & takes him. If not, I feel he will be quite pissed off by the time he reaches my #12 spot.

tbroye

The Feral cat stays. We captured her 4 years ago with 4 kittens. Took her in had her spayed and shots. Gave 2 of the kittens to SPCA and had the other two spayed and neutered. Momma Kitty sleeps and eats in my Shop, wife and I are the only ones to pet her, can't pick her up. In winter she is there all day and night in summer she show up to eat and may sleep in the shop. Does not like me working in the shop and will bail. Hates the dogs she will come out on patio when wife is out there after dinner and I and the dogs are in the house or at the dog park. she will then visit her kids and just hang out. My Granddaughter tamed and socialized the kitten and they have become family. So she stays.

Karl_99

That is probably just as well as either it would be one very angry kitty or not smell very nice after a few rounds...

Looking forward to seeing what other goodies are in the box, though.

stonepecker

I have been cutting wood today. I have some nice blanks all ready to go.
Been making boxes up to send to friends and to the one person that I still owe a box to. Even put some brass shaving in for filling voids.
Hope that everyone finds something 'special' for themselves.

Now just got to speed up the US mail.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
The boxes have made the first leg of their journey from Alvin to Sugar Land where they are awaiting USPS pickup.

I used painter's tape to hold the boxes together so they will be easy to open & tucked the boxes into Small Flat Rate Envelopes for shipment. I like to use the envelopes because it's 20 cents cheaper that way & I can stuff an extra item or two into the envelope if I want to -- not saying if I did or didn't though. :)

The contents of the two boxes are very similar, but not 100% identical. Box 2 is going to Tom Roye in CA -- I hope you find something inside that you like.

Tracking # for Box #2 is: 9405903699300170134977
Let the fun begin!
Edgar

Attachments

• Box1&2_SFRB.jpg
    Box1&2_SFRB.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 172
  • Box1&2_Packed.jpg
    Box1&2_Packed.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 143

tbroye

Any way to keep track of mileage? Going from CA to PA next. If I get it Wednesday i will get it out Thursday.

Just checked the Tracking # it has left Huston and will be Wednesday.

Last edited:

cestmoi

Well, I'm very glad that I don't need to worry about a cat surprise when the box comes to me. :) I have a pet parrot and he wouldn't enjoy that kind of surprise. I'm very excited to get the box, but now I feel all kinds of pressure to find some really fun stuff to put into it before sending it off again. Just curious, what kinds of things are you all hoping to find in the box when it arrives in the mail?

jsolie

Here's at least one person who missed the sign up who's looking forward to the pics.

I have a pet parrot and he wouldn't enjoy that kind of surprise.

I'm sure the semi-feral cat wouldn't enjoy it too much either. :biggrin: An acquaintance of mine has two large macaws (sisters, actually) and his cats are terrified of them.

cestmoi

I'm sure the semi-feral cat wouldn't enjoy it too much either. :biggrin: An acquaintance of mine has two large macaws (sisters, actually) and his cats are terrified of them.[/QUOTE]

Ha! A bird does tend to become the "alpha" pet in a home. They require so much attention (and toys) that it almost has to be that way.

tbroye

The Box arrived a little after noon. I taken what I want and repacked. I am trying to signup with the USPS Click N Ship but for some reason it will not let me. The hang up seems to be in my password I have tried 6 different on and click sing up and nothing happens. So I guess it is off the Post Office in morning.

tbroye

OK Box 2 is at the Post Office should get Karl in PA Saturday

Tracking #9405 9036 9930 0172 5909 00K

I kept the package o Delrin finishing bushings, Chrome Seam Ripper
Peacock inlace aerylester blank
Banksia Pod,BOW, Tasmaninan Blackheart Sassafrass,Signature,Pecan,Pheasant,Royal(cant read the rest of the name) Wood blanks.

I filed the box and put extras in the envelope like Edgar did.

I will not post a picture of the box going to Karl as I put the mailing label on before taking the picture. Great fun will enjoy some more banks and a new kit.

Disregard the second picture it was added by mistake don't know how to delete it. I show some of what was in original box The picture on the left is what I kept

Attachments

• DSCF1287.jpg
    DSCF1287.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCF1285.jpg
    DSCF1285.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Sounds interesting! Where was this posted so I can be on the look-out next time around? I suppose you take a blank out, start making a pen from it and put something else in???

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Royal(cant read the rest of the name)

Sorry about the poor hand writing. It's Royal Poinciana (aka Flamboyant). It's a tropical or subtropical tree. This blank came from Hawaii, but I understand that the tree can grow in southern Florida or the Texas Valley. I have never personally seen one but I do like the blanks.

Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member

Krash

The blank I couldn't read is Royal Poinciana. Looks like we me be ahead of Box 1 so let keep in moving fast.

Bill hasn't even received Box #1 as of now. Maybe the delivery west is faster since it goes against the earth's rotation than going east. Is so, Box #2 will take like 2 weeks to get from CA to PA.

BTW Edgar, some NICE blanks in there. You are the BEST!!! I hope you get back much better.

Edward Cypher

I want on the alternative list #3 if it happens.

Edgar put me on the alternative list too. Thanks. for now I will be thankful just seeing the pics as they move around the country and world. Very cool

Sounds interesting! Where was this posted so I can be on the look-out next time around? I suppose you take a blank out, start making a pen from it and put something else in???

Phillip,
The rules for the Pass It Forward game are here:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/its-about-time-pass-forward-game-121778/

I will put your name on my alternates list which I am also using to gauge interest in a possible third box.

Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Why is #6 missing?

Michelle

I was wondering when someone would notice that. :redface:
My fat fingers skipped 6 & entered 8 twice -- I corrected it on my master list, but for some reason I am unable to edit my original post so I wasn't able to correct it here.

The order listed is correct. You are #6 & SMJ1957 is #7

Edgar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom