Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Harley2001

Here the pic

Soory

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 185
Box 1 is now on the 13th leg of it's journey, one leg behind Box 2 :( On this leg the box is going from John in Dublin OH to Ken in Crawfordsville, IN a very short trip this time. Maybe we can make up some time.
6-11-2014BOX1_zpsa5ae7998.jpg

Well the box is finally getting closer to me, and I have started to think about what I want to put in it. I read the list of things and it looks like just about anything to do with pen turning can go.

I one thing that I have in mind I am not sure about, can a bag of sawdust and a bottle of Elmer's glue be considered a do it yourself casting kit?

Mike

southernclay

Should be at my house tomorrow. Will be late tomorrow most likely before I can look through. Hopefully will have it back in the road by Tuesday, Wednesday worse case

southernclay

Tracking # 9405 9036 9930 0204 3330 00

Here's what I took out. Still a lot of cool stuff left and I chummed the box nicely. Thanks Ed for starting this. I'm sad my time has passed but will be living vicariously through the rest of you on the boxes journey!:biggrin:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 142

Joe S.

A bowl blank? I might have some firewood I could cut up but that seems to be a pretty big thing to cram in the box. :biggrin:

Krash

A bowl blank? I might have some firewood I could cut up but that seems to be a pretty big thing to cram in the box. :biggrin:

You're right Joe. After I read Edgar's instructions again, I realized that a bowl blank would be outside of his intentions so I deleted the post. And you're really right ... it probably would not fit in the box too well.

Oops! :redface:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Some small "other than pens" items are fine, but a bowl blank might be a bit large. :)

I included some seam rippers in the original boxes and I've seen some other non-pen kits & things appear along with way.

Edgar

mmyshrall

So, here is the first pen I made from the items I took from Box #1. Both the Jr. Gent kit and the blank were taken from the box. I encountered a number of issues when making this pen such as scraping the acrylic paint that I used to reverse paint the blank and a mandrel that had some runout that caused a slight OOR turning. Both of which you can see from the photos. While I would not consider this to be a pen for sale, I do enjoy the colors and the light play in the blank, even thought the photos have tended to wash out the vibrancy of the purple and gold.

Thanks for looking and thanks Edgar for starting this activity!

Michael

Attachments

• DSC01696.jpg
    DSC01696.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC01697.jpg
    DSC01697.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 102
Sorry that I have not keep up on the box progress this week. I was out of town at a conference and didn't have much time. SO I will catch up now. At last report the box was on it's way to Ken in Crawfordsville IN. He received it and sent it on to Warren in Dawsonville GA who received it and now it is on the way to Joe in South Lyon MI and from the looks of the tracking it is at the post office there and will hopefully get delivered today. Here is the map:
6-20-2014Box1_zps81b9d2f8.jpg

Joe S.

Still waiting for it, but I'll try and get it out tomorrow. Is this still the small flat rate box or did we already upgrade to a bigger one? :biggrin:

southernclay

Technically there is still a small flat rate box involved. It is next to another flat rate box with some more stuff piled up on top of them in a medium flat rate box :laugh:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Mike finally gets to show it coming his way!!!!!

Mike has requested that we skip him for now while he tries to catch up on things at home. I will add him back in when he is ready for it. Joe S has shipped the box to Chuck Key.

Edgar

Sorry guys I have to have the box skip me for a little bit until I get some things cleared up. But the good news is Box 1 is on the road again, or the air not sure. At any rate the box is going from Joe in South Lyon MI to John in Richmond VA. Second trip to Richmond for the box, it was there a few weeks ago with Chris. After Richmond it is another trip to Texas.
6-24-2014Box1_zpsfc45bfe9.jpg

Okay I am falling behind again so I'll have to catch up. The leg the box is going from John in Richmond VA to Don in Porter TX. John you got some nice stuff sorru I missed that one. Here's the map
6-27-2014Box1_zps2ea1a5e6.jpg

BOx 1 is moving again, it is on the 18th leg of it's journey now, tied with Box 2. On this leg it is going from Don in Porter TX to Bill in San Bruno, CA. We are starting to get some pictures of completed items from the bos, keep them coming
6-30-2014Box1_zpsf2eb5b48.jpg

Krash

The box just unexpectedly arrived at my house. I was assuming it was going to Bill in California next. Maybe Don got confused. I'll contact Edgar to see if he just wants Bill and I to swap positions.

Attachments

• IMG_5463.jpg
    IMG_5463.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 106

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Slight detour

Box #1 has made a slight detour.

It seems that Vanngo5d accidentally sent it to Krash rather than to Avbill. :)

No harm done - Krash got an early surprise & Avbill will get it next. I have sent Avbill a note asking him to send it to Brownsfn2 and that will put us back in sync.

Thanks for playing.

Edgar

OKay I have been notified that there is a slight change in the path of Box 1. Instead of going from Don in Porter TX to Bill in San Bruno, CA, it went to Kelly in Albuquerque, NM. Keyy will then send it to Bill in San Bruno, CA.
6-30-2014Box1_zps52febf17.jpg

Krash

Wow, what a full "now medium" flat rate box, full of goodies galore! Attached is a picture of what I fancied. The Republic of Texas blank will go to a good friend that I have been wanting to make a pen for but didn't know exactly what to make. He, being from Denton, will love it!

The box will go out tomorrow to the west coast.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 151

vanngo5d

Shoot Bill I didn't mean to skip you I was rushing to get it out Saturday before I went to a Brew Fest and didn't reread the message with address's and grabbed what I thought was next.

Kelly FYI that Republic of Texas is a Jr gent 2 if your not sure.

Thanks,

Krash

Shoot Bill I didn't mean to skip you I was rushing to get it out Saturday before I went to a Brew Fest and didn't reread the message with address's and grabbed what I thought was next.

Kelly FYI that Republic of Texas is a Jr gent 2 if your not sure.

Thanks,

Thanks Don. I was gonna ask sometime.

Joe S.

Orange cream-sicle isn't working out so far, but at least I still have the other blank for a single tube kit or something.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Krash

Sorry guys, I didn't get home in time to ship out the goodie box yesterday. It should go out today to Bill.

Last edited:
Top Bottom