23 Cmiles1985
24 Dan Masshardt
25 Brooks803
26 Glenspens
27 Kovalcik
28 Leviblue
29 Toddlajoie
30 Edohmann

This will be the thread for posting photos & descriptions of what you take OUT of the box; receipt & shipping status including tracking numbers; and general comments & banter.

I fed your signup order (1-29) into random.org to generate this list. It uses an extremely intelligent algorithm and was able to accommodate all the timing requests I received, so I didn't have to make any adjustments to the initial order. Let me know if your situation changes as the game progresses - I will be glad to make adjustments to the list as needed.

I will pack box #1 this weekend & ship it to Bill Hall on Monday.

Thanks everyone for playing - have fun!
Edgar

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmyshrall

Ok, so I am bored to tears on a conference call...

I decided to take the list and put the city/state information to see where the box would be traveling to. Yeah, I know I have too much time on my hands... :biggrin:

If anyone wants to see the list, I can post it here.

Michael

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Ok, so I am bored to tears on a conference call...

I decided to take the list and put the city/state information to see where the box would be traveling to. Yeah, I know I have too much time on my hands... :biggrin:

If anyone wants to see the list, I can post it here.

Michael

Sure, why not. Someone might like to plot the route on Google Earth -- kinda like a little kid watching Santa's progress on TV :)

mmyshrall

Still on the conference call, so here you go... Now I wish I had a small lathe in the office for these calls. :rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin:

1 Billspenfactory Greenville, NC
2 Mark james Medina, OH
3 ChrisN Denver, PA
4 Charlie_W Sterling, VA
5 Mmyshrall Spokane, WA
6 John Smith Lowell, MI
7 Keithbyrd Milford, MI
8 Nascrdad Laguna Hills, CA
9 Hendu3270 Pearland, TX
10 Robert Sherlock Garden Grove, CA
11 Cal91666 Richmond, VA
12 Harley2001 Dublin, OH
13 Ken69912001 Crawfordsville, IN
14 Southernclay ??? GA
15 Joe S. South Lyon, MI
16 Indiana_Parrotheat Jasper, IN
17 Chuck Key Richmond, VA
18 Vanngo5d Porter, TX
19 Avbill San Bruno, CA
20 Krash Albuquerque, NM
21 Brownsfn2 Plain City, OH
22 SteveG Kalaheo, HI
23 Cmiles1985 Corpus Christi, TX
24 Dan Masshardt Mechanicsburg, PA
25 Brooks803 Aiken, SC
26 Glenspens Evans, GA
27 Kovalcik Barrington, NH
28 Leviblue Holly Springs, NC
29 Toddlajoie Feeding Hills, MA
30 Edohmann Alvin, TX

Ok, just so everyone knows, I tried several different methods, but couldn't seem to get neat little columns that were more readable. If you want the Excel spreadsheet instead, just PM me and I will be happy to provide.

Last edited:

ChrisN

Oh, cool, I'm 3rd! Is that a good thing or a bad thing?!:biggrin: At least I won't be waiting long - and that's a good thing!!:bananen_smilies039:

stonepecker

Very cool idea..........can you do the same for box #2?

I think it would be wonderful to have a map with the complete route of the boxes.

Maybe next time start them the same place or the same time and have a race?

mmyshrall

Thanks for the update, Warren. Dawsonville is so much better than "over yonder in Georgia somewheres". :biggrin:

I will be in Knoxville to visit the folks next month and can't wait to go blank hunting back east. I'll try to put something unique from WA state in my box. I am looking forward to this game!

mmyshrall

But, if everything goes according to plan, you should have this box before Labor Day. That means you have plenty of time to get something done before Christmas.

Heck, I'm number 5 and I'm probably going to drive my wife insane asking "did we get a box did we get a box", every time the mail runs. She already wants to slap me when I order something from Amazon :biggrin:

Have a happy and safe Easter!

Michael

Cmiles1985

My wife is excited about making some "goodies" for the box! Maybe she needs to register on the forum. After all, she's been making quite a few blanks lately, and I'm finishing one now!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
My wife is excited about making some "goodies" for the box! Maybe she needs to register on the forum. After all, she's been making quite a few blanks lately, and I'm finishing one now!

Three slots still left for box #2, so if your wife can register & sign up for one of the remaining slots in time, you could each get a box. You can both play in next year's BASH also.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
The boxes have made the first leg of their journey from Alvin to Sugar Land where they are awaiting USPS pickup.

I used painter's tape to hold the boxes together so they will be easy to open & tucked the boxes into Small Flat Rate Envelopes for shipment. I like to use the envelopes because it's 20 cents cheaper that way & I can stuff an extra item or two into the envelope if I want to -- not saying if I did or didn't though. :)

The contents of the two boxes are very similar, but not 100% identical. Box 1 is going to Bill Hall in NC -- I hope you find something inside that you like.

Tracking # for Box #1 is: 9405903699300170134991

Let the fun begin!
Edgar

Attachments

• Box1&2_SFRB.jpg
    Box1&2_SFRB.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Box1&2_Packed.jpg
    Box1&2_Packed.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 174

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
If Box 2 is still available I would like to be in it.

Dennis

Box 2 is already on its way, but I will put you on the alternate list. No promises, but I may start a 3rd box in a few weeks if there is sufficient interest.

Edgar

mmyshrall

Even though it is still not close to me. It was nice getting the text message from USPS this morning that the box had left the Raleigh sorting facility. Looks like today is the day to sit out by the mailbox, Bill :biggrin:

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Even though I missed the sign ups for this one and the second box, I'm really looking forward to pics. So don't be stingy with the photos! :) :wink:

I'll add you to the list for a possible Box #3 -- no promises just yet

Edgar

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Oh, cool, I'm 3rd! Is that a good thing or a bad thing?!:biggrin: At least I won't be waiting long - and that's a good thing!!:bananen_smilies039:

I'm second, so you get it after me...

Really need to sweep the workshop... :eek:

mmyshrall

I feel sorry for Bill, thinking about him sitting by the mailbox... :frown:

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day and I will wake up to a text telling me it has been delivered... darned USPS... :turtle:

Michael

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmyshrall

Good news, Bill (I think...)

I just got the text message that said the box was out for delivery in Greenville...

Michael

Top Bottom