Opinions on the Bash wanted. - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > IAP Management Team > Activities Manager
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Activities Manager Mike Redburn is the IAP Activities Manager

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2017, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
IAP Activities Manager

Photos: 83

Default Opinions on the Bash wanted.

The 13th Bash is about wrapped up. The contests are over and the prizes are being worked on to get everyone what they won.
There are still a few stragglers that will show up and I can get their information from that will allow me to wrap that up as well.

Now for the party you came for.
What was done well. What needs changed? Do you have an Idea that would make it better.

I had a suggestion sent to me that maybe we should consider making the Losers Train for people that had actually entered a contest and lost rather than open seating.
We had some strong discussion in the pre Bash poly clay about whether or not pre made canes could be bought and used on an entry or "it had to be made" by the member that submitted it.

All suggestions are considered.

If you have a suggestion and want to send it to me by PM or email you can contact me and I will post it for you.

Mike
http://www.silverpenparts.com
mredburn is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-07-2017, 01:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 0

I really enjoyed entering, seeing some wonderful work, and voting.

I would only suggest doing "anything" that makes it easier for the people doing all the work: setting up, securing prizes, transferring/sizing photos for their specific contest, managing the voting, and sorting through all the questions.

Thanks to all that made this possible.
RegisG
RegisG is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-07-2017, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 73

When you buy a mug you automatically entered a contest. Those names are put into the Donation Drawing. You do not get a prize you are loser no matter if you entered any of the contests. Now if you enter a contest and do not buy a mug you still are allowed on the loser train. You can not do both and still enter the loser train or at least this is my thought and if this is not the case then those people should definitely not be allowed. Maybe when asking people to sign up for the loser train they have to put in the reason or else that is alot of work to look these people up with so many contests.

Last edited by jttheclockman; 03-07-2017 at 03:22 PM.
jttheclockman is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2017, 03:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 224

I think the entire Bash team did a fantastic job and I hate criticising anything that was done. I could have stepped up and offered to help in the beginning, but didn't. So please don't take my comments wrong

What I would like to see is at least one of the contests ( probably the Freestyle ) showing the entries as they are entered. I used to love it when we did this years ago. It gave impetus to those that needed a nudge to enter.
It had pros and cons for the early birds though. Getting yours in first, got loads of views and comments and stuck in peoples minds when voting time came, but it also gave the competitive few of us time to see what we were up against

I did lose track of dates for when contests where starting and finishing. A calendar would help.

I think we spent far too much effort arguing about the silly rules instead of going with the spirit. Less Rules More Fun.

Bantering with my fellow contestants is far more fun than actually winning the contest.

I think in the past, winning contests was often perceived more as a bit of a member popularity contest than about the pens. But even with our 'anonymous' methods we use now, it's mostly pretty obvious who made certain pens. Especially when the contestants say upfront that they are entering.
I actually stopped entering because I was once told by a few mean spirited members that the ONLY reason I ever won a contest, was because I was popular at the time. I was even told once that I shouldn't even be eligible to enter as it was really just an American site. Those muppets have long gone so hopefully those thoughts have gone with them.

But I still think this Bash was done well and I take my hat off to all the good folks that actually stood up to the plate and helped run it.

Well done !!
Old 03-07-2017, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

You brought this up before and I always think back to Jeff Powells SongeBob Square Pants entry and the fun we had with that.

That became the butt of the jokes in the bantering contest.

Are you ready kids ? Arrrgh!

Last edited by jttheclockman; 03-07-2017 at 03:57 PM.
jttheclockman is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-07-2017, 04:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Photos: 224

Yep JT, that was them good ole days...
I may be remembering things wrong but I think Jeff entered that Sponge Bob in a contest and then I entered just for fun with a sword-clipped pen made with one of jeff's own dragon blanks and called it Bob Slayer ......I don't think I won though.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiprat View Post
Yep JT, that was them good ole days...
I may be remembering things wrong but I think Jeff entered that Sponge Bob in a contest and then I entered just for fun with a sword-clipped pen made with one of jeff's own dragon blanks and called it Bob Slayer ......I don't think I won though.
Yep your memory is good. We had people entering a sponge with just eyes and a mouth and calling it his brother.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
IAP Activities Manager

We have also had a suggestion for a worthless wood casting contest.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
IAP Activities Manager

Currently there are only 2 (two) conditions to get on the losers train.
1-You cannot have won a prize in a contest by winning one of the top 3 places, won a random drawing prize in a contest or won a prize in the Donation Drawing.
2- YOu have to say you're a Loser and want to ride the train.

Doesnt matter if you entered any of the other contests at all.
Its a silly fun contest of no skill and all luck in a random drawing.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

Photos: 35

I would say that if you didn't enter any of the Bash contests at all, then you lost out on the fun.
http://www.bulletpenkits.com
Sylvanite is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads