Official 2013 Superbowl Grid

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

4 more boxes came today!! :present::present::present::present:

5 if you include my IAP mug.:present:

1 had mostly pine . . . . . . . . stabilized norfolk pine!!:biggrin: Plus some other figured pine that I've never heard of. Neither of which you will find at Home Depot.:wink:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
I feel like it is Christmas. total of 5 boxes has arrived...I still have a few participants who have not PM'd me for an address....should I bother them.. they know that they signed up for the contest but I do not want to ask them to send anything if the changed their mind...

Rodnall

I have a few that haven't contacted me also. I sent them PMs, because for some the grids were confusing but still haven't heard from them. But l guess I have plenty of blanks to have fun with.

BSea

I also haven't heard from a few of them. I did send them PM's, but I'm with OLDMAN5050. It's kind of hard to send a pm asking someone to send you stuff. I know it's all in the wording, but still a little awkward.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
It's an obligation for people to send blanks if they signed up - that's the point of the whole affair.

If you haven't heard from anyone, and are hesitant about sending them a PM, send a note to Mike Broberg, the activities manager - he can follow up for you.

People who do not follow through are prevented from joining events in the future - so no one else gets burned! :)

Edit:but it's only a week since the superbowl - give it time before you count people out! Regardless, if they haven't been in touch with you, send them a quick PM with your address! :)

Last edited:

dozer

I had a few that didn't respond to my pm's either. I just wrote it off as maybe they haven't been on line yet or they didn't remember they were in the pool.

gimpy

Did you receive my package

I feel like it is Christmas. total of 5 boxes has arrived...I still have a few participants who have not PM'd me for an address....should I bother them.. they know that they signed up for the contest but I do not want to ask them to send anything if the changed their mind...

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
I think you send yours to the winner of the 4th quarter.. not me.

gimpy

Yes, you are correct........ I sent my package to dozer:redface:

I think you send yours to the winner of the 4th quarter.. not me.

BSea

Are we having a picture thread, so we can see all the winnings 96 of us missed out on!! Just to add to the jealousy!!
I had planned on posting a picture this week, but I've only received 12 boxes so far. So I thought I'd wait another week or until I got close to 20 (whichever comes 1st). But I will say, that I've received some really cool blanks.:)

EDIT: I know some more are in transit based on messages I've received. And I've also sent a message to everyone when I've received their package.

Last edited:

Joe S.

Are we having a picture thread, so we can see all the winnings 96 of us missed out on!! Just to add to the jealousy!!
I had planned on posting a picture this week, but I've only received 12 boxes so far. So I thought I'd wait another week or until I got close to 20 (whichever comes 1st). But I will say, that I've received some really cool blanks.:)

EDIT: I know some more are in transit based on messages I've received. And I've also sent a message to everyone when I've received their package.

Mine should be there today or tomorrow.

BSea

Mine should be there today or tomorrow.
Just opened it. What are the 2 yellowish blanks. I was thinking canary wood, but they have PA on the end. And some really pretty (I mean really . . . . really pretty)spalted maple.

Thank you !!

Anyway, 3 arrived today including Joe's. So I'm up to 15. And already have a large flat rate overflowing. Does everybody lose count after 2 & just start over? :rolleyes: Of course I was guilty of padding the box I sent too.:biggrin:

Joe S.

Its called Pau Amarella. I don't know anything about it, but that it came from pen blank 6 packs from the local mill. I've had them for awhile, and they were going to end up as a black slimline set, but I decided to give them to a better home instead. :wink:

BSea

Ok, I promised a picture by the end of the week, and here it is. Or rather here they are. To date I've received 17 packages, and well over 100 blanks (I quit counting:rolleyes:). The 1st picture is a large flat rate box. I think if I packed it a little better, I could get everything in there, and actually close the box.

attachment.php

The 2nd is everything laid out.
attachment.php

I want to say THANKS!! to everyone. You all have been very generous. And I believe I sent an e-mail individually to everyone I received a package from.

One thing I intend to do is make a pen for either "Pens for the Troops", or the "Wounded Warrior Project" for everyone who sent me a package. I may not actually use a blank you sent me. I didn't think to label them by contributor:confused:. But it will be from a blank I received. And I'll be sure & post a picture when they are done. I don't work fast, so don't expect anything soon.:redface:

Attachments

• lrg flat rate.jpg
    lrg flat rate.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 229
  • blanks to date.jpg
    blanks to date.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 230

BSea

I see lots of great pine blanks! Hope you can put them to good use. Might make excellent PITH material if Landon ever gets the pine bug again :tongue:
There are lots of great looking pine blanks. And frankly I think pine gets a bad rap. I'll be making a few pine pens in the near future. . . . . . stay tuned.

sbwertz

I have turned some great Southern Yellow Pine pens. Made them from a knot inlayed with turquoise. Actually one of my PITH pens was Southern Yellow Pine.

1_IMG_2675.JPG

Last edited:

Rodnall

OK, got to more boxes today. That makes 20 boxes so far. There are some beautiful blanks in there.
Here is a pic with all. And then all four quadrants separately.

And yes, there was some pine. :wink:
Rod

Attachments

• All blanks.jpg
    All blanks.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 125

Rodnall

I don't know what happened to the other pics. Will try again. To get a better look at all the blanks I took pics in four quadrants. I think I have it this time.

Attachments

• blanks 1.jpg
    blanks 1.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 112
  • blanks 2.jpg
    blanks 2.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 117
  • blanks 3.jpg
    blanks 3.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 120
  • blanks4.jpg
    blanks4.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 115

Rodnall

Ok, here is the last few sets of blanks I received. It's been unbelievable the different blanks I've gotten. Cast mini pinecones, burls, and even fossilized wooly mammoth bone! How do you turn fossilized bone? Anyway, thanks to all those that sent such wonderful blanks. Now if I can just find the time to turn them all.
Rod

Top Bottom