May 2015 PITH – Pen and blank swap sign up!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sprung

Count me in!

Also, not afraid to ship to Faith, SD. I've been to Faith not once, but twice! :eek: Eaten at the diner on the east end of town both times - and lived. I ain't scared. :eek:

Linda's Drive Inn.....Yum Yum. That's a local delicacy.

Couldn't remember the name - but I can picture the place in my head. Great food both times. If I was to ever passing near or through Faith again, I'd definitely make sure to stop there again.

alankulwicki7

Count me in!

Also, not afraid to ship to Faith, SD. I've been to Faith not once, but twice! :eek: Eaten at the diner on the east end of town both times - and lived. I ain't scared. :eek:

Linda's Drive Inn.....Yum Yum. That's a local delicacy.

Is this another reason to visit Faith, SD? Have you ever been to Petrified Wood Park in Lemmon, SD?

D.Oliver

There's not much in Faith. It's only about 400 people. We have a little muesum that is kind of cool. It has some Sue the T-Rex items in it. Sue was found a few miles from Faith. The town of Lemmon also has a nice little museum.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
There's not much in Faith. It's only about 400 people. We have a little muesum that is kind of cool. It has some Sue the T-Rex items in it. Sue was found a few miles from Faith. The town of Lemmon also has a nice little museum.

I can one-up you there, Derek.
Here's a satellite view of my home town, Meyersville, TX. It's a little unincorporated farming community with one store, a post office, a school, 2 churches & a country club (grill open two evenings a week) - all visible in this photo.

We also have TWO museums - one of them open 24-7 - and that doesn't even count all the antique tractors and other old farm equipment stored in and around people's barns. :)

Attachments

• MeyersvilleSatellite.jpg
    MeyersvilleSatellite.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 135

alankulwicki7

Both of my kids are interested in doing the Youth Swap.

They can't wait to go live with someone else for the next year.

What's that you say?

This is a Youth PEN Swap. Boy will they be disappointed (but they want to participate anyway).

lyonsacc

Is there a form to fill out? Or did I get us signed up by replying.

Hi Rocky,

No form to fill out. Just a positive reply in this thread is needed.

Looks like I have your grandson signed up for the youth pen swap.

Did you want to participate in the swap as well?

Dave

lyonsacc

63 adults
9 kids
23 hours left to sign up!!!

If we end up with an odd number of kids, I would be happy to partner with one of them.

Chuck - thanks for the offer. I will keep it in mind.
If we have an odd number of members, I'll swap with a kid. If we have an even number of members, I was going to try to persuade one of my other kids to participate (only 1 of 3 participating right now - although 1 of those could be in the member version). If that doesn't work - I may very well need your assistance :biggrin:

dave

lyonsacc

10 1/2 hours left to join I the fun!!!!

Tomorrow night you'll regret not having signed up . . . (At least I usually do when I miss a swap)

Dave

lyonsacc

All right folks - sign ups are closed!

I'll try to post the pairings by noon EST. I have a couple a meetings this morning (you know, the job that helps pay for the pen addiction).

Dave

Top Bottom