Lets Help Them Out

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
There are two activities taking place on the IAP that don't get the attention they deserve. Wolftat, Bitshird and GaryMGg are collecting pens for our men and women in the armed forces.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60594

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65833

I recently took advantage of an offer made by one of our vendors.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68769

That is $3.00 per Ti Gold Slimline kit, which is a pretty good price! Other vendors may offer similar good deals, but this is the one that I happened to take advantage of and got me thinking about passing something forward and making pens for our troops. I intend to make and donate at least 10 of the 30 Ti Gold slimline kits I purchased to our armed forces, probably more. Would you be willing to do the same? Could you get together with other penmakers in your area, perhaps your local IAP chapter and do a combined purchase of kits for our troops? Vendors, would you be willing to make special offers to IAP members who pledge to donate pens to the troops? (Keep in mind, the offer I took advantage of was not intended to be an incentive to turn for the troops, it was just, in my opinion, a very good offer.)

We have many fine vendors who deserve our support. The men and women who protect us daily most certainly deserve our support, and I've found IAP members to be some of the most giving people around. Seems like a good combination to me!:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gregf

Thanks for posting this!

I've been wanting to turn some acrylic pens, but then what to do with them ?
Don't have much family and fewer friends to give them to.
And after giving someone the first two or three pens they don't seem too excited about them.
"Oh gee thanks", long pause, "Another pen".

The guy with the please help sign didn't think a pen was much help. (such language!)
The homeless guys that "will work for food" don't seem too thrilled with them either.

Greg

Last edited:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Outstanding!!!! Thank you Mike, Ed, Ken, Gary,and Dawn. This is a truly worthwile project that touches the lives of so many men and women that are going through some tough times and tend to sometimes ask whether it mean anything to anyone. This is a great way of telling them that it does matter and is appreciated.
Semper Fi

toddlajoie

I've got several tucked away to bring to our Nov meeting for Wolftat, but I'm always up for an excuse to make some more. I've been aware of the other projects, but was unsure how they related to Wolftat's. I guess I'll have to hunker down and make a couple for the team...:wink:

jaybird

This is an awesome idea and I think it was Gary I had talked with, I had asked him how long I would would have to do this, I am placeing my order in a couple days and ordering an extra 10 slimlines for this donation, I just wanted to make sure I had enough time to do this with only being able to order once a month, so as soon as they get here I will be turning for the troops,,,,

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
For a limited time, I will make this offer:
Anyone placing an order for $50 or more from Exotics can use the code "TROOPS" and purchase the TiGold slimline for $2.oo each up to 25 pens---the purpose of these is to make pens for the troops, but it is the "honor system' Only you know if you lie.

This will not work with the software, so you need to use the code in the comments and we will adjust manually---Open to PayPal payments ONLY!!! We will credit your account with the overpayment, when we ship. This purchase will NOT count toward the $250 free shipping policy on Exotics.

This offer is good until October 7. It MAY be extended, if I can afford to do so, depending on how many pens are taken. I hope you will not abuse it--and, actually, I don't think anyone on IAP will.

Let's send a big package to the troops for the holidays, eh??

Open to Pens for Canadian Troops, as well.

Last edited:

Hess

Saw that Woodcraft is having a weekend coming up where they want urner to come in ans turn all pen go to the guys and gals

Top Bottom