LETS HAVE A PITH!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
At least a small one.

This PITH is dedicated to the full recovery of our good friend Landon (Hunter-27), the Grand PooBah of the IAP PITH's

What is the PITH? Understandably, newer turners and/or IAP members might not know. Let's start here:

PITH=Pen in the hat. In a perfect world we would all get together and place a pen in the hat. Each member would reach in and select a pen at random to become their own. Now while not geographically feasible to all meet, the next best thing is what we are doing. Everyone who signs up will be assigned to send someone else a pen. In return, they will receive a pen from someone else. That is it in a "nutshell".

This PITH will be limited to 40 60 people. Signups begin now, in this thread, and will end on June 20th or when we reach 40 60 people, whichever comes first. Participants will have 5 weeks to complete and ship their pen to its recipient.

There will be no themes or complicated rule for this PITH. Make a pen, ship it to someone, receive a pen from someone. That's all there is to it! The sending of blanks is optional. If you send blanks you may not receive any in return.

The PITH will be a true, "Round Robin" type of PITH meaning that you will be sending a pen to one person and receiving a pen from someone else.

:curse::bad:"But Mike, I don't like to do true PITHs!! I want to do a swap where two people are partnered and send each other pens.":mad-tongue::at-wits-end:

Well then this PITH is not for you. Next month we will have signups for a straight swap. It's my intention (time permitting) to start running PITHs/Swaps more frequently, alternating between true PITHs and Swaps.

To participate you must be willing to ship internationally. You must have your first and last name, and your city and state of residence (or equivalent) in your public profile (which is not visible to anyone other than registered IAP members).

Members who have failed to complete previous IAP activities, and who have been so notified by me, are not eligible to participate in this or any other IAP activity.

I also need to point out that the IAP is made up of penturners of all skill levels. To the less seasoned penturner I say, do not hesitate to participate for fear that your work is not good enough. It is good enough. Just put forth your best effort. Every member here was (or someday will be) at your skill level. Different members have different resources available to them. No one expects a masterpiece. Just do the best you can.

To the more seasoned penturners, you may be slated to receive a pen from someone with less experience than you. It may turn out that the pen you receive may not be "equal" to the pen you offer up for this activity. If that will bother you please don't enter.

Please do not sign-up for this activity if you suspect you may not be able to complete it. There will be other opportunities to participate in a PITH.

Communication is very important. In the event that something unexpected occurs which prohibits you from completing the PITH, let me know ASAP.

If you have a question then someone else is probably wondering the same thing. Post any questions you have here so all can see the answer.

That's about all there is to it folks. Go ahead and sign up now!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom