June 2017 PITH - Pictures and Stories - Page 3 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members
Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > IAP Management Team > Activities Manager
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Activities Manager Mike Redburn is the IAP Activities Manager

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2017, 06:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Photos: 0

Default My Pen

I'm late getting this posted I got this stunning pen from bedangerous. Its amboyna burl. Included were some pen blanks from around the world. As a bonus he included some abalone veneer and some australian tiger snake skin. WOW! Thanks for being a great pith partner.

Attached Thumbnails
20170712_161824.jpg   20170712_161732.jpg  
Fordwakeman is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-13-2017, 02:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
Photos: 8

View in gallery

View in gallery

View in gallery

I've had some personal family issues of late so a bit late to the party here. I did ship off my package today to my partner penmaker1967.
The pen was for his father who also loves working with wood so I chose a hybrid using Australian burl. I also included 4 blanks of Australian timbers.
george mavridis is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-13-2017, 09:18 AM   #23 (permalink)

Default June 2017 PITH

Here is what I was sent from jsolie. Two great pens, my wife really loves them. She was especially tickled with the smaller pen that won't take up much space in her purse. I am also happy to get some beautiful burl blanks, can't wait to turn them. Sorry for posting this so late was out of town and today was the first chance to post this. I also wish the pictures I took were better Thanks John!

Attached Thumbnails
img_1393.jpg   img_1392.jpg  
Leo S. Long is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Photos: 2

Default pith

i got my package from rounder the other day it was really nice beb on a knurl GT kit but stupid me forgot to take any pics before giving it to a Sgt. in the Grandview Mo. Police Dept. he had another officer with him he got one i made
i know no pic did not happen well i got a blurry one i was too embarrassed to ask for another as well to show it but here you go
Attached Thumbnails
hippi is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #25 (permalink)

Got this great Copperhead snakeskin pen and blanks from Fordwakeman (Darin). Thanks again for this great site and community.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app
bedangerous is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-25-2017, 07:00 AM   #26 (permalink)
Photos: 5

I recived my pen from my partner yesterday pictures does not do this pen justice and the blanks were very nice can not wait to turn them the pen is going to my dad because he is the one that got me started in wood working. thanks again
penmaker1967 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-28-2017, 12:54 AM   #27 (permalink)
Photos: 8

View in gallery

I received my package from penmaker 1967 today. I was sent an array of blanks we don't normally see here in Australia and a beautiful pen again in a kit we don't see here to be passed on to my friend. Thanks Todd
george mavridis is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-21-2018, 10:03 PM   #28 (permalink)
Photos: 23

Rebecca received her PITH package from Wayne last week and was thrilled with the contents! Wayne mentioned some flaws with the pen but we aren't sure what he was talking about. It is beautifully crafted and the photos do no do justice to the 3D effect you get with the cast barley!

Rebecca chose as her recipient our good friend Chris or Tiny as the kids at church call him. He is a children's pastor with a love of teaching kids and playing basketball and pen turning though it is been many years since he has had time to turn any pens of his own. After finding out Rebecca was learning the craft from her grandpa last year, he provided her with lots of kits, blanks, and other supplies that he had to help her get started. As Rebecca's skill has grown he offers advice (when she will listen) and politely looks at any new pens this "proud mom" just has to show him.

Here is a photo of "Tiny" and Rebecca with the pen Wayne sent.

Here is a close up of the beautiful pen that Wayne sent! I'll have to get it back from Chris so I can examine it for those "flaws" Wayne mentioned.

And finally the great box of goodies he sent. There is one blank missing as Rebecca grabbed it out of the box and headed to the garage with it as soon as she saw it. The slimlines are in Rebecca's schools colors and are a shape she hasn't seen before but plans to try very soon.

Wayne thank you for being Rebecca's (PenGoblin's) PITH partner! I hope she thanked you herself, if not send me a PM and I'll remind her yet again!

Proud Mom of two young penturners
jennera is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads