June 2017 PITH - Pictures and Stories

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tomtedesco

Sorry I didn't take any pictures. I did a fountain pen for my PITH partner, never did one before. Mt partner plans on giving the pen to a priest in Italy, I hope they both are happy with the pen, I need al the help I can get from above. I also included five pen blanks consisting of wood, PR, and spectra ply.

Rounder

I received 2 pens to give away from my "first" partner GlensPens. They are both beautiful pens. Not sure what kits they are but the one without the stylus (redwood burl) on it is such a smooth clicker you can't even hear it click. The ink tip comes out of the middle of the stylus on the other pen (maple burl). I also received a great assortment of blanks. A couple of fine pens and I will be proud to give them away. I gave the stylus pen away yesterday. I am a Properties Manager and met a potential tenant. This lady owns a childcare business (141 kids) and is involved with Meals on Wheels delivering meals to elderly people. She had a very outgoing personality and is very involved with her children's lives in that they are involved with softball and she is a coach. I wanted to give the pens to someone who is service oriented and felt that she was the perfect candidate as she serves the children and the elderly. Now on to find the candidate for the second pen.
Thanks Glen.

Attachments

• 2017-06-14 13.13.25.jpg
    2017-06-14 13.13.25.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 325
  • 2017-06-14 13.13.23.jpg
    2017-06-14 13.13.23.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:

Dale Allen

Received this stratus dressed in olivewood from Jolly Red.
Nice pen and nice job on it. I will be giving it to my brother in August at out family reunion. He also sent 2 nice blanks that I will be using in the future.
My package to him will go in the mail tomorrow.

Dale

Attachments

• stratus.jpg
    stratus.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 326

Don Rabchenuk

Received these from my PITH partner Cwalker935.
2.jpg6.jpg
The pens will be going to a great guy we have come to our Christmas light display that we do in memory of our son. He comes out a couple of times during the show for all the kids that come by. None other than Santa Claus. Cody, Thanks for the great pens and blanks.

Cwalker935

Djrljr (Don) sent me two beautifully turned and finished pens and a bunch of great blanks. I gave the orchid blank pen to Yolanda, an administrative professional where I work. Yolanda has MS and struggles to walk with a cane. She is also a dedicated mother who works hard to balance her career and family. Despite her affliction, Yolanda is a very positive person and always brightens my day with her beautiful and ever present smile. Yolanda was thrilled with the pen. I have not yet decided what to do with the second pen.

Thank you Don.

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

hcpens

July 2017 PITH

I received my beautiful work of art from my PITH partner, FlyitFast (Gordon.) Along with a beautiful setup blanks that I did not have, so back to the turning machine, darn, I wish I could remember the names of my tools.:confused:

Attachments

• 20170626_094723.jpg
    20170626_094723.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 311
  • 20170626_094747.jpg
    20170626_094747.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 290
  • 20170626_115810.jpg
    20170626_115810.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 342

tomtedesco

I have never shipped international before, is it normal to take almost a month for the item to arrive? I took package to USPS on June 5th, it left Colorado and went to California. (?) Left Calif and went to New York, arrived in Italy on the 20th, and is still sitting in customs on the 27th. Don't know who long it will be before it is finally delivered.

danom

pen and blanks arrive

Good evening all;
My pen and a LOT of blanks arrived from Glens Pens.
Thanks ever so much Glen, the pen immediately went to my daughter-in-law who just loves it. She thanks you so much.
Also many thanks to Glen for all the blanks, they will be put to good use. Certainly didn't expect so many, however going to make a lot of pens with them. Not a great photo of pen, however, it does show the blank and is a click pen and stylus. No wonder daughter-in-law claimed it. lol
thks again Glen

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_0459 (480x360).jpg
    IMG_0459 (480x360).jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 296

jsolie

I received my package today, and, wow, Leo did an awesome job on the not one, but two pens. My wife is a big fan of click pens, and he really pulled out all the stops.

One of the pens, which I'm guessing is a Gatsby, is made from what appears to be dyed maple or similar wood.

APC_0005-hdr-L.jpg

The other pen is a nice looking very swirly acrylic.

APC_0008-hdr-L.jpg

My wife is very happy with the pens.

Leo also included a good variety of other blanks, too.

APC_0013-L.jpg

There are two maple, cherry burl, red mallee burl, two BEB, lacewood, olive, and a segmented blank.

Thanks, Leo!

Jontello

It finally arrived.

My partner was tomtedesco. He was probably the first to send his package out. The only thing was that it was on the other side of the world. Things take a little bit here in Italy. Just got the package today. It is a beautiful fountain pen for one of the pastors of my church I am working at here in Italy. The wood is beautiful. And excited to turn some of the blanks that came with it. Thanks Tom

IMG_1324.JPG

tomtedesco

Package arrived today from Italy. Jontello outdid himself, beautiful segmented and knurled pen with great looking blanks. I presented the pen to my firefighter neighbor and explained the PITH to him. He was very impressed with pen and asked me to convey his thanks. I enjoyed this PITH and hope to participate again. Thanks Jon, you made it fun.

flyitfast

Got my pen and blanks a week ago but couldn't take pictures until now.
Mentioned to Richard that I planned to share his created pen with a service member. He came up with a beautiful pen honoring a Purpleheart recipient. Fortunately I have someone in mind who gave so much.
Thank you Richard for the perfect pen. And thank you for the interesting blanks, including two that you cast.
GordonIMG_1442.JPGIMG_0527.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Noot17

Those are great pens, blanks, and stories! Sad I missed out on this, but definitely want to participate in the next PITH. Really cool idea to help build the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I received my pen & blanks from RBStallings (Robert Stallings) this week. Robert hit the nail on the head with this one. The pen is a Cigar Pen made from a Jim Beam Whiskey Barrel blank & is perfect for my recipient. The fit & finish is spot on & he sent me a Jim Beam blank along with some other really neat blanks.

My recipient is my cousin, Butch Dohmann, who has been a chuck wagon cook for many years. He is an engineer who went to Texas A&M and is now retired. Since retirement, he has opened a chuck wagon catering business (SoupBone Cattle Company) and is able to spend even more time with his chuck wagon activities - most of which are for charity events and fund raisers, especially for Wounded Warrior projects. He also makes a great Santa Claus and entertains hospitalized kids & nursing home seniors every year.

Thanks, Robert - you did a fantastic job and I know that Butch will really appreciate it. Your pen will go out in Monday's mail.

Edgar

Attachments

• Pen & Blanks from Robert.jpg
    Pen & Blanks from Robert.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 203
  • Butch&Sue.jpg
    Butch&Sue.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 189
  • Butch & a Little Girl.jpg
    Butch & a Little Girl.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 205
  • Chuck Wagon.jpg
    Chuck Wagon.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 189
  • SantaClaus.jpg
    SantaClaus.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 192

OZturner

Thanks for the Photograph.

Received my box from Ozturner and promised I would post a picture. Not that good a photography yet, but here are the pics. Beautiful pen and some Australia blanks for some future projects.

James, Thank you so much for Posting the Photograph of the Pen, as I mentioned, in my haste to send it across the Pacific, I overlooked taking a Photograph, Now I have one for my file. :biggrin:
Your Photographs are Excellent. :highfive:
Thank you again my friend.
Sincerely,
Brian.

OZturner

My PITH Partner Blew Me Away

I received today, the Parcel from my PITH Partner "blade.white" and I was "Blown Away".
On opening the Weighty Parcel, I found that it contained,
57 Blanks, Wood and Acrylic (Wow),
2 Razor Kits,
15 Various Pen Kits,
1 Glorious Pen made from a Beautiful Burl, I am not aware of the Hardware Kit or Burl,
1 Beautiful Pen Made from Acrylic Blank, and
1 Magnificent Razor Made from a Fantastic Burl, with a Silver Cigar Label attached.
These last three Items were contained in 3 Spectacular Leather Cases.

James, Your Generosity has Overwhelmed Me, and Your Kindness is Mind Blowing,

Your Use of Materials, the Turning and Finish of the Items is Superb.

I haven't decided what I will do with the Acrylic Pen, I think My Sister In Law will probably receive it and I am sure She will be Delighted.

I will probably keep the Burl Pen, and Razor for my own use. :biggrin:

Having lifted the Weighty Parcel, I can see why you said in your PM, advising me that Parcel was on it's way, that you probably would post anything to Australia again, with that weight, I can see Why.

Again, Thank You for Participating, and Creating for me such Special Items, and for your Outstanding Generosity with all the Blanks, and Kits.
Kindest regards,
Brian.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Last edited:

Fordwakeman

My Pen

I'm late getting this posted I got this stunning pen from bedangerous. Its amboyna burl. Included were some pen blanks from around the world. As a bonus he included some abalone veneer and some australian tiger snake skin. WOW! Thanks for being a great pith partner.

Darin

Attachments

• 20170712_161824.jpg
    20170712_161824.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 241
  • 20170712_161732.jpg
    20170712_161732.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 186

Leo S. Long

June 2017 PITH

Here is what I was sent from jsolie. Two great pens, my wife really loves them. She was especially tickled with the smaller pen that won't take up much space in her purse. I am also happy to get some beautiful burl blanks, can't wait to turn them. Sorry for posting this so late was out of town and today was the first chance to post this. I also wish the pictures I took were better Thanks John!

Leo

Attachments

• IMG_1393.jpg
    IMG_1393.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_1392.jpg
    IMG_1392.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 189

hippi

pith

i got my package from rounder the other day it was really nice beb on a knurl GT kit but stupid me forgot to take any pics before giving it to a Sgt. in the Grandview Mo. Police Dept. he had another officer with him he got one i made
i know no pic did not happen well i got a blurry one i was too embarrassed to ask for another as well to show it but here you go :frown:

Attachments

• DFE_9414-2.jpg
    DFE_9414-2.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 214

penmaker1967

I recived my pen from my partner yesterday pictures does not do this pen justice and the blanks were very nice can not wait to turn them the pen is going to my dad because he is the one that got me started in wood working. thanks again

jennera

Rebecca received her PITH package from Wayne last week and was thrilled with the contents! Wayne mentioned some flaws with the pen but we aren't sure what he was talking about. It is beautifully crafted and the photos do no do justice to the 3D effect you get with the cast barley!

Rebecca chose as her recipient our good friend Chris or Tiny as the kids at church call him. He is a children's pastor with a love of teaching kids and playing basketball and pen turning though it is been many years since he has had time to turn any pens of his own. After finding out Rebecca was learning the craft from her grandpa last year, he provided her with lots of kits, blanks, and other supplies that he had to help her get started. As Rebecca's skill has grown he offers advice (when she will listen) and politely looks at any new pens this "proud mom" just has to show him.

Here is a photo of "Tiny" and Rebecca with the pen Wayne sent.
Tiny&PenGoblin.jpg

Here is a close up of the beautiful pen that Wayne sent! I'll have to get it back from Chris so I can examine it for those "flaws" Wayne mentioned.
SmallPen.jpg

And finally the great box of goodies he sent. There is one blank missing as Rebecca grabbed it out of the box and headed to the garage with it as soon as she saw it. The slimlines are in Rebecca's schools colors and are a shape she hasn't seen before but plans to try very soon.
Goodies.jpg

Wayne thank you for being Rebecca's (PenGoblin's) PITH partner! I hope she thanked you herself, if not send me a PM and I'll remind her yet again!

Top Bottom