June 2017 PITH - Pictures and Stories - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > IAP Management Team > Activities Manager
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Activities Manager Mike Redburn is the IAP Activities Manager

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2017, 07:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default June 2017 PITH - Pictures and Stories

Please post your stories and pics for the June 2017 here.

Thanks for participating!!
Dave
lyonsacc is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-12-2017, 08:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 4

Sorry I didn't take any pictures. I did a fountain pen for my PITH partner, never did one before. Mt partner plans on giving the pen to a priest in Italy, I hope they both are happy with the pen, I need al the help I can get from above. I also included five pen blanks consisting of wood, PR, and spectra ply.
tomtedesco is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-15-2017, 09:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

I received 2 pens to give away from my "first" partner GlensPens. They are both beautiful pens. Not sure what kits they are but the one without the stylus (redwood burl) on it is such a smooth clicker you can't even hear it click. The ink tip comes out of the middle of the stylus on the other pen (maple burl). I also received a great assortment of blanks. A couple of fine pens and I will be proud to give them away. I gave the stylus pen away yesterday. I am a Properties Manager and met a potential tenant. This lady owns a childcare business (141 kids) and is involved with Meals on Wheels delivering meals to elderly people. She had a very outgoing personality and is very involved with her children's lives in that they are involved with softball and she is a coach. I wanted to give the pens to someone who is service oriented and felt that she was the perfect candidate as she serves the children and the elderly. Now on to find the candidate for the second pen.
Thanks Glen.
Attached Thumbnails
2017-06-14-13.13.23.jpg   2017-06-14-13.13.25.jpg  

"WHEN THE PEOPLE FEAR THEIR GOVERNMENT, THERE IS TYRANNY. WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FEARS THE PEOPLE, THERE IS LIBERTY." Thomas Jefferson

Self Pity. I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by Rounder; 06-15-2017 at 09:13 AM.
Rounder is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2017, 10:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounder View Post
...Not sure what kits they...
Looks like the Long Boy and the Vesper (stylus)
Old 06-18-2017, 07:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Received this stratus dressed in olivewood from Jolly Red.
Nice pen and nice job on it. I will be giving it to my brother in August at out family reunion. He also sent 2 nice blanks that I will be using in the future.
My package to him will go in the mail tomorrow.

Dale
Attached Thumbnails
stratus.jpg  

Dale Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-19-2017, 06:15 AM   #6 (permalink)

Photos: 8

Received these from my PITH partner Cwalker935.
2.jpg6.jpg
The pens will be going to a great guy we have come to our Christmas light display that we do in memory of our son. He comes out a couple of times during the show for all the kids that come by. None other than Santa Claus. Cody, Thanks for the great pens and blanks.
djrljr is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-21-2017, 05:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Photos: 161

Djrljr (Don) sent me two beautifully turned and finished pens and a bunch of great blanks. I gave the orchid blank pen to Yolanda, an administrative professional where I work. Yolanda has MS and struggles to walk with a cane. She is also a dedicated mother who works hard to balance her career and family. Despite her affliction, Yolanda is a very positive person and always brightens my day with her beautiful and ever present smile. Yolanda was thrilled with the pen. I have not yet decided what to do with the second pen.

Thank you Don.

img_2156.jpg

img_2155.jpg

img_2154.jpg
Cwalker935 is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads