June 2017 PITH Pairings!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lyonsacc

June 2017 PITH Pairings "A Pen for Another"

Please contact each other (pm's work wonderfully) within the next few days. Let your swap partner know who you intend to give the pen to. Please realize: 1) the pen maker does not have to customize a pen for the recipient, and 2) the receiving partner does have the right to change who the pen is going to be given. If there are issues contacting your partner please let me know (give it a couple of days though). If you are going to have issues completing the project, please let me AND your partner know ASAP so things can get worked out.

Also include at least 2 blanks for your partner.

Pens should be mailed by the end of June.

In a couple of days I will start a "Post your June 2017 PITH swap and stories here". I would really appreciate it if you post a little description of who the pen went to and why – even if you can't post pictures.

Here are the pairings
1080Wayne – jennera (Rebecca)
blade.white – Ozturner
Edgar – rbstallings
danom – hippi
glenspens – Rounder
twehr – luckyscroller788
bedangerous – Fordwakeman
camb – log2lumber
jsolie – Leo S. Long
penmaker1967 – george mavridis
liljohn1368 – Brian Hannah
Jontello - tomtedesco
Cory45 - MikeDoyle
Cwalker935 – djrljr
Flyitfast – hcpens
Jolly Red – Dale Allen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lyonsacc

CORRECTION!!!

I messed up on 2 sets of groupings - I will pm those involved:

danom - glenspens
Rounder - hippi

Sorry about that. Amazingly confusing with all of the user names and mixed up numbers.

Dave

flyitfast

I have PM'd my partner. But then, I could have gotten in the car and driven across town in about 15 mins.
We could turn our pens on the same lathe we are so close!!!
Gotta get started.
Thanks Dave for setting up this PITH.

Gordon

Rounder

My PM's are sent. And heard back from both my partners. I was one of the mistakes and I am going to go ahead and double up on this one. That will give me 2 pens to gift.

Cwalker935

OK I have to ask. What if my PITH pen is so great that I decide not to give it away and keep it? Do the PITH police come and arrest me?

I know that you are joking and do not meant to be a nag but this touches on a sore spot for me. People not fulfilling their PITH commitment can actually be a problem for whoever runs the PITH. Having experience with running PITHs in the past, there are folks who renege and I have had to contact the individuals, report them to the activities manager when my contacts were ignored, and on two occasions I have fulfilled someone else's PITH obligation so that their partner would not be shorted. Its not fun a one sided swap. This creates a bad experience for the trading partner and the person running the PITH.

Cwalker935

OK I have to ask. What if my PITH pen is so great that I decide not to give it away and keep it? Do the PITH police come and arrest me?

I read your post wrong, I forgot that this is a pen for another and thought you were talking about the pen that you made for the swap. Sorry for the earlier lecture.

tomtedesco

I read your post wrong, I forgot that this is a pen for another and thought you were talking about the pen that you made for the swap. Sorry for the earlier lecture.

My wife has been lecturing me for years, no problem. I was just kidding about keeping the pen and agree with you about people living up to the PITH agreement.

jennera

Rebecca's partner contacted me and Reecca is already thinking about what she wants to do. Possibly a trip to the wood store tomorrow to see if they have anything interesting... :) Harder part is who she will gift the pen she receives. I have made a few suggestions but she is still thinking about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom