July PITH pairings.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

Mine is on its way to traderdon. (I'm going on vacation next week, wanted to get it off before leaving.)

Last edited:

jyreene

I'm waiting for the glue to dry on idea #2 which is now idea #2 after the Turners Guild meeting I went to with Brooks803 where I was lucky enough to be able to purchase some very nicely figured *cough *cough burl blanks.

Waluy

Glad to see I am not the only one a little bit behind on this. I am completely ready to start turning as soon as I can find a new stop collar for my head stock spindle. The old one was either never there and I just noticed because I had a center that was a little stubborn or it broke and flew off last time I was using the lathe. I am betting on the first scenario.

jyreene

Idea # 2 successfully dried, drilled, and tubes glued in. Now I just need to square of the ends and actually start idea # 1 which means stopping either by a vending machine or Lowes. Or something involving a plastic cow, a half full bucket of crawdads, a 7 iron (or a sand wedge), and 3 metrics tons of old twinkies (if I can't find them I guess Mike and Ikes will do).

Idea #1 didn't survive drilling. Idea #2 only partially survived turning. Trying to fix Idea #2 and see if it will still look good. On to Idea #3.....

You will learn that Ideas 1 and 2 never work and from now on you just start with idea 3 and life will be much easier.

jyreene

Idea #1 didn't survive drilling. Idea #2 only partially survived turning. Trying to fix Idea #2 and see if it will still look good. On to Idea #3.....

You will learn that Ideas 1 and 2 never work and from now on you just start with idea 3 and life will be much easier.

I'm close to just going to the supply locker and sending a Skillcraft pen!

Ladies and gentlemen, it is closing in on the time that pens should be in the mail. If anyone hasn't heard anything from their partner please send me a PM. Things have been busy at work but I still do check in daily to see how things are going.

Sataro

My pen was sent out on 7/22/13. Long way from Texas to England. Should be arriving soon though.

Tieflyer

Done! It's still July, right?? First one exploded, second one cracked during assembly...user error on both. Do I have to admit I was the user with the error? Maybe we'll skip that part. Will ship tomorrow. Really thankful for the deadline being in August, life got crazy the last two weeks.

healeydays

Juteck has received my box and has promised he, his wife nor the kids will open it till mine has been shipped. He is on vacation to Maine having lobsta and plans to make and ship the pen once he gets back so it looks like our swap is in the works...

Mike B

juteck

Juteck has received my box and has promised he, his wife nor the kids will open it till mine has been shipped. He is on vacation to Maine having lobsta and plans to make and ship the pen once he gets back so it looks like our swap is in the works...

Mike B

It sure is. Half is already turned and assembled, but I'm sure the second half will be appreciated! And yes, I have a sealed flat rate box at home just waiting to be peeled open!!!!!

Top Bottom