July 2016 PITH – Pen and blank swap sign up!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

PLEASE READ ALL THE WAY THROUGH BEFORESIGNING UP

As with all IAP activities, the IAP Activity Rules apply to this PITH (themember must have his or her first and last name posted in their profile and be able to be contacted through the IAP's private messaging system or email. Themember must have completed all previous IAP activity obligations).

PITH stands for "Pen In The Hat". If we could ever be so lucky to find ourselves in one big room we could have a real PITH. Everyone would put one of their pens into a hat. The hat would be passed among us. Each person would draw a pen out of the hat to keep as their own.
THIS IS NOT A TRUE PITH – it is more like a swap – you will be randomly paired with another participant to exchange a pen and 2 pen blanks. The PITH chairperson assigns each participant a number, uses www.random.organd randomizes the list of numbers 5 times. Two lists are generated to create the final list of swap partners. The results will then be published in a new thread on June 13th.

:bananen_smilies068::bananen_smilies068::bananen_smilies068:THE THEME FOR THIS PITH:bananen_smilies068::bananen_smilies068::bananen_smilies068:
"Show your Patriotism"

Anything that is Patriotic to you and represents the spirit of your Country.

Some examples:
Pen using your country's flag colors.
Pen using your country's symbols.

ALL MEMBERS ARE WELCOME, IF YOU ARE YOUNG, OR NOT SO YOUNG, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE.

And guess what! If you have a pen you want to make and can't relate it to the theme – IT WILL WORK TOO! Turning a pen can be viewed as an act of patriotism, so any pen will work!

If you sign up for this swap you are obligating yourself to complete it. We understand that things happen and something could come up that would prohibit you from completing a pen for this swap. If that should happen, please immediately inform your swap partner and the event coordinator. The sooner you let us know the easier it is to find a workable solution or someone to take your place.

Remember that this is an international forum and that you could potentially be paired with someone from another country if you participate. There is a possibility that you will need to ship the pen you make internationally. Be aware that some countries have custom laws that prohibit wood from being shipped into their country. Please take this into consideration if you get paired with someone from another country. If you absolutely can't ship overseas or have a problem with shipping to another country or someone in particular, please let me know.

The main objectives of this PITH are to HAVE FUN and to FOSTER FRIENDSHIPS among members. The IAP is made up of individuals of varying levels of skills, abilities, and resources. There have been instances in the past where some members who participated in a swap felt that the pen they received was not equal to the pen they provided. If the possibility of receiving a pen from someone who does not possess the same level of skill, ability, or resources as you will bother you, please do not sign up. We do ask you make your best effort at this pen, that doesn't mean it has to be your GREATEST EVER pen, but that you make your best effort.

You will have until 8PM EST on Saturday June 11th to sign up. Your swap needsto be completed by Saturday July 23rd.

Old Bessie

Passed Away Sep 13, 2016
In Memoriam
Please enter Old Bessie!

I ain't dead yet!!!!! :ghost: Still got a bit o' pi$$ and vinegar and better yet a wonderful teenage grandson to take o'er my tools, blanks and kits.:bananen_smilies046:

I/We can't hardly wait!!!!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Please enter Old Bessie!

I ain't dead yet!!!!! :ghost: Still got a bit o' pi$$ and vinegar and better yet a wonderful teenage grandson to take o'er my tools, blanks and kits.:bananen_smilies046:

I/We can't hardly wait!!!!

Have your Grandson enter also... OR, have him PM me and he and I can do a 1:1 trade. (Gotta get the little-nippers involved in something other than texting!!! Yea, I know... he is probably 6" taller than you and I...)

If he/you need blanks, address is all that is needed!

Mark

stonepecker

I have an idea for a pen. I will have the time to make it.

Looking to keep my postage down so please keep me in the USA mailing system.

So sign me up and lets enjoy the hobby.

Mr Vic

I wanna play too. I'm more then willing to do International. No problems with getting hooked up with a beginner either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom