Its Coming! The 2016 Summer Extravaganza.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Its time to start planning the 2016 Summer Extravaganza!
That means I need suckers er I mean volunteers to run it.:biggrin: IF you have run a contest in the past your Qualified! IF your name is Derek your Overqualified!:eek: If you havent ran a contest I will let Derek help you!
If this is your first year, the Summer Extravaganza is a fun bunch of pen making and other contests that are held In August.
THe great thing about August is its HOT! So instead of Freezing your bushings off in February you can watch your custom resin blanks melt off the tube and drip on the floor.:laugh:

If you want to help run this Madness you can pm me or post in this thread.

IF you have an Idea for a contest you can post it here as well. It might not happen but we are always looking for more fun stuff to do.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
What a coincidence! :biggrin: Bob and I were just talking about doing some auctions to keep in shape for the next Birthday Bash. :biggrin: Weren't we Bob!? :biggrin: This is not to suggest there will be auctions in the Extravaganza. Just thinking out loud! :wink:

Let me think it over Mike. It's been a couple of years since I last participated. I can't even remember what contest I was doing. I DO know it wasn't no stinkin' SLIM contest. :biggrin:

bobleibo

Very funny :)

Summer Extravaganza By Laws

Chapter 2, page 4, paragraph 1 line 8
"The first person to reply to the first S.E. post of the year is the equivalent of volunteering to run the contest of the organizers choice"

Way to go Tony !!! With Dereks help, you're going to do a great job, great practice for going solo next year.

What a coincidence! :biggrin: Bob and I were just talking about doing some auctions to keep in shape for the next Birthday Bash. :biggrin: Weren't we Bob!? :biggrin: This is not to suggest there will be auctions in the Extravaganza. Just thinking out loud! :wink:

Let me think it over Mike. It's been a couple of years since I last participated. I can't even remember what contest I was doing. I DO know it wasn't no stinkin' SLIM contest. :biggrin:

Bob who? Those dreams of yours are really getting out of hand....

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Still looking for a couple of volunteers to help run a contest! If you know anyone who would like take part, volunteer for them!
Um on second thought, maybe just let them know we are looking for a few good Chairpeople.

D.Oliver

Well I've waited as long as I can. I didn't want to jump in too soon and scare all the other chairpeople off! I'm in.

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Thanks guys, there is a sign in thread in the SE Planning forum. If you have signed up before for the Bash or SE in the past you should be able to find it and sign in.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We can use you! Unfortunately even not working with or along side Derek, you still are associated with him!:biggrin: Right, Wrong or otherwise he comes with the Job.:rotfl:

bobleibo

Hey! I'm not letting some You-Tube pretty-boy scare me off, I'm in~

Attachments

• Derek Glamour.jpg
    Derek Glamour.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 118

lyonsacc

We can use you! Unfortunately even not working with or along side Derek, you still are associated with him!:biggrin: Right, Wrong or otherwise he comes with the Job.:rotfl:

I will say this about Derek. A couple of years ago when my daughter and I posted our first pics of some pens, he gave us some very good advice that drastically improved the pens we made. So I will always have a positive memory of Derek. (of course EVERYTHING since then has been different . . .) :rotfl:

Brian G

I said that I would chair a specific contest, so I will honor my word and volunteer.

My shop is shut down from now until I don't know when, due to a basement renovation that meant the shop is the storage unit for all of the stuff moved out of the living half. Might not even be usable until after the next BASH. :mad:

twinsen

So the summer extravaganza 2016 has started but there is nothing on the main page announcing it or any links to all the contests or voting pages or anything. I only happened to know it was happening cause I saw one of the "recent posts".

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
There have been posts for the rules but they disappear off the front page if there is no discussion. Jeff will be moving the contest Forum so that its visible to everyone sometime today.

You can find the contest rules discussion threads under the Activities Manager Forum.

twinsen

There have been posts for the rules but they disappear off the front page if there is no discussion. Jeff will be moving the contest Forum so that its visible to everyone sometime today.

You can find the contest rules discussion threads under the Activities Manager Forum.

Thanks. I always like when they make the ad on the main page a month or so in advance. I think it increases participation and allows for people to make sure they have all there pen kits lined up.

Top Bottom