It's about time for a "Pass It Forward" game

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
[FONT=&quot]It's been about 4 years since we last played "Pass It Forward", so I volunteered to organize a game and Mike, our Activities Director, gave me the go-ahead.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is a simple game: I will fill a small flat rate box with as much nice pen making goodies as possible. Everyone that is signed up will get the box in turn and can take whatever they like and fill the box back to capacity with their own selection of goodies and send it on to the next in line and I'll get it back in the end. Participation is open to all IAP members in good standing (US & International) so please be aware you may incur international shipping charges.

The rules are simple:

Any pen making goodies can be placed in the box: blanks (natural or man-made), kits, small tools/jigs, supplies, etc. As long as it fits in the box, it can be included. Please, no chemicals, aerosols or liquids though as that could cause export complications.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
When you get the box, examine its contents and keep whatever you like for yourself. Feel free to keep the entire contents of the box if you wish. The only requirement is that you must fill up the box with equal or better quality items than you received. They do not have to be the same type of items.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Let's keep the size of the box to a small flat rate box. The focus of the game is quality of items over quantity and an SFRB will minimize shipping costs for everyone.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Package tracking and delivery confirmation is CRUCIAL to the survival of the box and the efficiency of the game. Each time the box is shipped, the tracking # must be sent to me as well as posted in the Pass It Forward thread so everyone can keep track of its movement and all will be in the loop.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We want this game to run as smoothly and efficiently as possible, so please do not keep the box more than 2 days before shipping it to the next person. I will communicate with you when your turn is close. Don't worry about vacations, business trips or whatever -- If you do not reply to my PMs within 2 days, or if you let me know that you will be unable to ship the box within 2 days, I will simply move you down in the list and bump the next person up.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Post photos or descriptions of what you take from the box, but do not post photos of what you put into the box. The contents should be a surprise for each person who receives the box.

SignUps will start NOW and will end April 24 or whenever we get 30 players, whichever comes first. Please do not attempt to sign up if you have been notified by the Activities Manager that you are ineligible to participate in IAP activities,.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once signups are closed, I will create a list of all participants in the order they will receive the box. Your sign-up order will not affect where you land in the participation list. I will group everyone by country and randomize those groups. If you have a preference for participating in the early, middle or latter stages of the game, please let me know and I will try to accommodate your preference. You may also volunteer to make an international shipment, but please do not ask to be excluded from that possibility.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any questions, please PM me. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To participate, please do the following:[/FONT]
1. [FONT=&quot]Post to this thread that you are interested[/FONT]
2. [FONT=&quot]PM me with your full name and shipping address.[/FONT]
3. [FONT=&quot]Let me know if you have any preferences for your participation order – I will try to accommodate your request, but no guarantees[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Let's have fun.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Edgar[/FONT]

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Counting myself, we currently have 27 players.
There are 3 more slots available.

My reasoning for limiting the game to 30 players is that I'm estimating that the box will be able to make 4-5 stops per month and I'd like to wrap up the game by the end of the year.

If we get more than 30 players, I will consider starting a second box sometime after the first one gets going, but no promises.

Edgar

Last edited:

Gofer

One spot left and I would love to have it but the shipping costs to Canada would put to much of a spoiler into the game, not to metion the return shipping ; )

Have a blast everyone.

Bruce

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
OK folks, all 30 slots are now filled.
You can still post your interest here. Since this game will likely run most of the rest of this year, it's possible that some may have to drop out for one reason or another in which case we may need some alternates.
Also, if there is enough interest, I may start a second box -- we'll see.

Thanks to all who have signed up - that was quick!
Give me a day or two to get things lined out & I'll post the participation order.

Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Sounds like fun! I'm In.

Dick, you'll be the first alternate or on the list for a second box, depending on additional signups. Sorry you just missed the first group of 30.

No entries from our boys down under. It must be night time there. Bummer!

I was surprised that we got 30 signups in the first 3 hours. We'll see if our international members are interested in a second box once they wake up & see the thread.

Top Bottom