International Box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Shipment was received, plan to exchange items, take pictures and send it on its way on Saturday.... What fun...

Yippee - looking forward to it!
I'll gather up some nice goodies for it this weekend & give it a quick turnaround.

Edgar

SteveG

Ed,
If you just want to stuff the box by rolling up a few $100 bills and put a rubber band 'round 'em, I promise to use it to get some really nice pen turning stuff with the cash!:eek::eek:

Then I can do the same with $1000 bills (same or better, ya know!):rolleyes:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Ed,
If you just want to stuff the box by rolling up a few $100 bills and put a rubber band 'round 'em, I promise to use it to get some really nice pen turning stuff with the cash!:eek::eek:

Then I can do the same with $1000 bills (same or better, ya know!):rolleyes:

Actually I was planning to keep everything in the box & refill it with a selection of Hawaiian pen blanks. :)

ozne69

Attachments

• IMG_0583.jpg
    IMG_0583.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0584.jpg
    IMG_0584.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 178

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Look what showed up this morning!

An SFRB chock full of blanks & goodies stuffed inside an SFRE along with a few more blanks and all packed inside a FedEx box.

I haven't looked at it all real closely yet, but there is some mighty fine stuff in here. I'll lay it out tonight, and shoot a photo of the contents and what I want to keep. I'll repack it and have it ready to send on to SteveG tomorrow.

Hope you like the selection of Koa and Monkey Pod that I have for you Steve. I know you've never seen any of that before. :wink:

Attachments

• IncomingBox.jpg
    IncomingBox.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 121

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Package waiting for the mailman - it will be winging its way to Hawaii in a couple of hours. Tracking # is 9405903699300404337631

Here's some photos of what was in the box, what I kept & what I'm sending out.

The outgoing package is still an SFRB - it's just packed inside an FRE and stuffed with filler. My apologies, Steve - I really wanted to use a couple rolls of $100 bills for the filler, but the ATM at our corner C-store was on the fritz so I just used wood for the filler. Hope you won't be too disappointed - I think the value is still the same. :)

To whoever contributed the blank to the right of the Monkey Pod blank in the middle picture - I'd really like to know a little more about that blank and any precautions that I should take when drilling & turning it.

Edgar

Attachments

• WhatWasInTheBox.jpg
    WhatWasInTheBox.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 148
  • WhatIKept.jpg
    WhatIKept.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 145
  • WhatISent.jpg
    WhatISent.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Edgar;
I put that one in the box. It is from Woodturningz. It is one of their Genesis blanks, but I don't remember exactly which one. No special warnings. I have several more if you are interested, maybe we could work out a trade?

Cmiles1985

Edgar, the Genesis blanks work fairly nicely. I only recently made my first one (an Eagle FP for myself). I believe it is inlace acrylester (very chippy) with almost a paper/cardboard type material in it.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thanks for the info on the Genesis blank guys. I'll give it a try soon - it certainly looks interesting.

Mark - it probably is time for us to work another trade. I've got lots of camphor & I'm cutting up some Brasil (Texas Ironwood) roots.

MarkD

Sounds good Edgar. I baked some camphor but have not had a chance to to anything else with it yet.
I have been getting ready for a show next weekend. Hoping to have time to play in the resin after that.

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Sounds good Edgar. I baked some camphor but have not had a chance to to anything else with it yet.
I have been getting ready for a show next weekend. Hoping to have time to play in the resin after that.

Thanks Mark - no hurry. I only turn a couple of pens per week & I have plenty to keep me busy for a while.

SteveG

I received the box (actually a Flat Rate envelope, box inside, along with what Ed considers to be packing material, but which "looks" remarkably similar to pen blanks) Saturday afternoon. After my give and take, the box was sent on it's way Monday morning to Mike Broberg.

Tracking # 9405903699300406468029

(I took some photos to document this, but my ability to get them posted here remains elusive [and frustrating].):frown::mad:

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Going Home

The Box was in my mailbox this afternoon.

The photos are of what arrived, what I took and what I put in. I will drop it in a mailbox early Friday morning as I set off to the MAPG. The Tracking number is 9405903699300409965280

A big round of applause for Dick for running this activity. It wasn't easy and he had two of them going at once. Thanks Dick! :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0078.JPG
    IMG_0078.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0080.JPG
    IMG_0080.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 145
Top Bottom