Hurricane Harvey Recovery Fund

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood128

I am starting a fund to help the people of Texas who have recently experienced and suffered the disaster of winds and terrible flooding from Hurricane Harvey. We all need to do our part by helping these people . It could be US the next time ! I am willing to manage and coordinate the listing of donated wood, pen blanks , pen kits , tools , etc. for sale on this thread. I will list the items with pictures, description and price donated from the sellers. The sellers will be responsible for shipping the items to the buyers, and I will collect the payments via PayPal using my e-mail address joeschneider1@outlook.com I will pay the sellers for the shipping costs. Please provide prices, pictures and descriptions of your items. I would encourage all to look in your shops and chip in , and lets show these people that we care about them and their recovery . I expect this to be a long effort.

All funds collected will be sent to Joe Hurston of www.airmobile.org and Stan Brock of www.ramusa.org for clean water, food and medical supplies. Both ministries are now on site in Texas. I thank Jeff and Mike of IAP for supporting this effort . I plan to send them a weekly update of the status. :wink::tongue::eek::hypnotized:

Here are 4 initial donations ( from me ) of 4 LOTS of pen blanks. Shipping is $7.15
LOT A ........9 Black Walnut ...$18.00
LOT B ........9 Indian Rosewood....$27.00
LOT C.........9 Indian Rosewood....$27.00
LOT D.........8 Bocote .................$24.00

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 209
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 226
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 261
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I am starting a fund to help the people of Texas who have recently experienced and suffered the disaster of winds and terrible flooding from Hurricane Harvey. We all need to do our part by helping these people . It could be US the next time ! I am willing to manage and coordinate the listing of donated wood, pen blanks , pen kits , tools , etc. for sale on this thread. I will list the items with pictures, description and price donated from the sellers. The sellers will be responsible for shipping the items to the buyers, and I will collect the payments via PayPal using my e-mail address joeschneider1@outlook.com I will pay the sellers for the shipping costs. Please provide prices, pictures and descriptions of your items. I would encourage all to look in your shops and chip in , and lets show these people that we care about them and their recovery . I expect this to be a long effort.

All funds collected will be sent to Joe Hurston of www.airmobile.org and Stan Brock of www.ramusa.org for clean water, food and medical supplies. Both ministries are now on site in Texas. I thank Jeff and Mike of IAP for supporting this effort . I plan to send them a weekly update of the status. :wink::tongue::eek::hypnotized:

Here are 4 initial donations ( from me ) of 4 LOTS of pen blanks. Shipping is $7.15
LOT A ........9 Black Walnut ...$18.00
LOT B ........9 Indian Rosewood....$27.00
LOT C.........9 Indian Rosewood....$27.00
LOT D.........8 Bocote .................$24.00

See if this helped, Gimpy.

wood128

This thread can be a "wanted to buy " place for buyers to request their interest in different woods / sizes , etc that they want to purchase. The sellers would answer with their available items. For example , I have maple, walnut, ash, cherry, Cuban mahogany, Royal Poinciana , red cedar , sea grape , granadillo and others that could fill orders.....if sizes were known.

Please provide your comments and ideas .

wood128

Update from Texas.

GETTING CLEAN WATER TO BEAUMONT
The destruction of Harvey is still going on. Water is still rising in places. Chemical plants are burning and folks are still evacuating

In the midst of all of this, we loaded up the Little Donkey and flew from Conroe (KCXO) to Beaumont (KBPT)...an area desperate for clean water.

The flight only took 30 minutes. If we would have driven, it would have been hours because of the many road blocks.

We were met there by member of the Church On The Rock. We had 5 Air Mobile Rescuer water purifiers.[/font]

After arriving at the Church, we saw tremendous movements of food, formula, diapers, bottled water and so much more to the needy. This Church is AMAZING in their outreach!!

Then, we met Pastor Ron Hammond. Ron and his great church have put in water wells all around the world with CBN (Christian Broadcasting Network)

They understand and know the need for clean water! I then had the opportunity to explain the Air Mobile Rescuer and how it works. THEY GOT IT!

Literally, within the hour, the church was securing a large water tank, extra hoses and putting into place the ability to take the highly contaminated tap water and turn it into very clean drinking water! WOW!

After careful prayer and consideration, we decided to present 2 more Air Mobile Rescuers to the Church On The Rock!

BTW, Pastor Ron is also a pilot and really loved the Little Donkey!! I know that our paths will meet again!!

After this strategic deployment of Rescuers, we flew back to Conroe, our staging area.

Along the way, we could see rivers literally rising. On the flight earlier, we noted their levels and in a matter of hours, they had risen. The DISASTER of HARVEY is on-going!

Here are a few more shots taken from the Little Donkey on the flight from Conroe to Beaumont and back.

I want to THANK Brian Scott of CBN for joining me on this journey. I particularly want to THANK CBN for funding these 7 Air Mobile Rescuers to bring clean water to those in such need!!

Today, I'll be meeting with some of my family who live in the area. We'll see what this day holds. As always, THANK YOU for your precious prayer, love and support!!!

Air Mobile Joe

Last edited:

wood128

Should I offer free shipping on these 4 LOTS of pen blanks ? Help me get started on this fund raiser . All comments / suggestions are welcome , positive or negative .:wink::tongue::bananen_smilies104:

Dehn0045

I'll take lot B.

My only thought is that since it is in the "Activities Manager" forum that maybe some folks aren't seeing it.

I am going to put together a batch of blanks for sale when I get home, should I post them in this thread or make a new thread with a link to this thread?

wood128

Thanks Sam for the order. Please make payment of $27 via PayPal using my e-mail address joeschneider1@outlook.com. Lets try you listing your blanks for sale , with a link to this thread. We can see how well this works. How did the storm affect your home and family in Houston ? All of Florida now is at risk from Irma heading this way.......so we are getting ready.The NHC in Miami reported 180 MPH in Irma, the strongest hurricane in history !! This is a big one, many of us will be affected . Take care.

Joe

Last edited:

Dehn0045

Sounds good, I will PM address. As for Harvey, we did good, a couple of minor roof leaks. Many folks nearby didn't fare so good. I spent the better part of 3 days helping friends cut out sheetrock and rip out cabinets. My muscles got sore, but nothing compared to what they are experiencing. I've been watching Irma, looks like a big one. Harvey was my second major storm here in Houston, I'm learning they are nothing to mess with. Get prepared and stay prepared. Good luck to y'all in FL and to our friends in the Caribbean. Stay safe!

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I will donate two Chevron blanks. These can be for a Sierra tube, or the upper of a Jr Gent II tube/with a matching bottom blank. Or any combination of each. These will be made with input from the buyer via PM.

Donation to Joe - $50.00 shipping included.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Give me a few weeks... Choice of Maple, Wenge, Padauk, Cherry, Walnut, and veneers or not.

wood128

Great news Mark. I am positive there are many pen makers that would be thrilled for you to make them two of your special chevron pen blanks. Thanks a bunch.

Joe

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Great news Mark. I am positive there are many pen makers that would be thrilled for you to make them two of your special chevron pen blanks. Thanks a bunch.

Joe

My pleasure Obi Wan (you are a huge reason I am learning segmenting)! Now just hope not to need to do a fund raiser for Fla!

Stay safe.

Cwalker935

Coming soon to a hurricane relief thread located near you, an opportunity to purchase multi-colored aluminum honeycomb blanks. Here is a little teaser

IMG_2370.jpg

Gregory Hardy

I'll take The "A" (Walnut) set if it's still available.
Response to your question: "No - Do NOT swallow shipping." Please charge shipping on my order.
PM me with PayPal directions.

Thanks to all of you who are helping.

wood128

Payment received Greg......LOT A will be mailed today. LOTS A & B are sold. LOT C & LOT D are available and Mark James generous offer.

Joe

wood128

We have collected $575 so far from sales and donations on this forum. I just sent a donation via PayPal of the $575 to www.airmobile.org Thanks to all for the help . The need for more help is there in Texas, and now Florida has many additional needs for help from the results of destruction caused by Hurricane Irma. Lets all dig deep and donate funds and wood to help. I just experienced 80 knot winds and lots of rain on my property , but am thankful that the overall damage was minimal ...............many, many others here in Florida were not so fortunate .:wink::hypnotized:

There are trees down and tons of wood everywhere in BREVARD COUNTY . I will get what I can.

Last edited:

wood128

I guess fund raising is not my expertise :) Out of our 26000 members , 5 to 6 have offered to help the needy hurricane people. Since I started this thread Hurricane Irma has caused much damage to Florida, Bahamas , etc. Now there is Hurricane Maria pounding the Virgin Islands and PR . The need is really increasing fast , to say the least !! You know, if all of us would just pledge $.24 per week ....that would equate to $6500 / week ......and $1.00 per week is $26000 / week. AMAZING what can be achieved if we all contribute. $.25......a quarter per week is hardly anything :mad::):wink:
We would probably make the national news , if this happened.

ANY COMMENTS :usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:

wood128

PUERTO RICO....DECIMATED!! HURRICANE MARIA TARGETING THE TURKS & CAICOS[/font]

Puerto Rico took the direct violent strike of Hurricane Maria. The Island has been decimated.

100% of the power is off. In some cases, not expected to return for 6 months. This is going to be a very tough road ahead for millions. WE PRAY!!

Here's more - MASS DESTRUCTION / MAJOR FLOODING / ALL OF PUERTO RICO COULD BE WITHOUT POWER FOR MONTHS

We have been trying to get in touch with Jerry Giles, the "God-Send" who helped our RAM / AIR MOBILE Team when we landing in Puerto Rico last Friday. No word. WE PRAY!
I have been in frequent communication with Stan Brock of Remote Area Medical (RAM) and Bob Bostic of "Deliver The Difference" regarding putting a team together to bring CLEAN WATER / FOOD & MEDICAL CARE for the devastated Islands.

We don't know which Island to begin with. Again, we're PRAYING and asking our Lord to guide our footsteps & our Flight Plans
]

Meanwhile, Hurricane Maria is back in warm waters and likely strengthening from a Catagory 3 and lashing the North Coast of the Dominican Republic and targeting the Turks & Caicos

9-21-17%2BMARIA%2BTRACK%2B8-00.jpg
Here's more - HURRICANE MARIA STRENGTHENS AGAIN AS IT HEADS TOWARD TURKS & CAICOS[

I'm THANKFUL that we placed an Air Mobile Rescuer into the hands of TEAM RUBICON, great FIRST RESPONDERS!

We are working diligently to put the "Next Mission" together. We're putting as many Air Mobile Rescuers together that we can.

WE NEED FUNDING and we're so THANKFUL to have you on-board with us with your invaluable PRAYER, LOVE AND SUPPORT!!

Air Mobile Joe

Last edited:

Gregory Hardy

I have been following this thread since the beginning and a few thoughts have finally firmed up.
Though generous and kind to one another (at least taken as a whole), we are pretty cheap when it comes to our pen making. We're all trying to make pens, not buy them. We are trying to save money on materials. Pens (our greatest commodity as a group) is not a commodity among us. We all already have them...and make them!
Next - I bought a set of blanks when first available...but it was a twenty dollar commitment. Hardly breaking the bank...but I bought walnut blanks while sitting on a hundred, fifty board feet of walnut in my storage facility. It was a donation, not an attempt to buy pen blanks. However, that is probably where the generosity ends among us as a group.
Something to consider - these other points withstanding - is to go outside the forum to sell finished pens. An auction site (I hesitate to say the dirty "eB*y word") selling finished pens to support the charity would make "our most precious commodity" (other than our care and concern for one another) available to people who can't do what we do, and are willing to pay for it. Donated pens - finished products - are at the premium value. Trying to make money on raw materials among manufacturers is analogous to trying to make money doing laundry at the brothel. You're much further ahead being the Madam and selling the "finished product." Just my two cents.

Special thanks to those who helped in some way. The generosity and human kindness I see when the chips are down has been the hallmark of the American people, even when we have stumbled in other arenas. We're decent folks, and we work hard to take care of our own.

Last edited:

wood128

Thanks Greg for your comments. I would agree that selling pens, etc. off this site of IAP is a good idea , but where and how is the question. Ebay is not the answer . I have been selling wood and pen blanks for many years , and it is turned out well and all that I can presently handle. I don't make a living from doing it , but it sure keeps me busy. .........presently using the funds to help a college student . Below is another status of a ministry to help the Hurricane Maria people . This is where I sent the first funds collected here. The need is huge in PR , the Bahamas , Virgin Islands , Texas and Florida. I plan on providing more support. Won't you ????
STILL WAITING ON MARIA...TO PASS & "A MERCENARY & A MISSIONARY"...A STORY FROM MY PAST
Hurricane Maria is still EXTREMELY DANGEROUS....and taking her time as she roars away from people and into the cool Atlantic Waters. GO AWAY MARIA!!
Here's more on Hurricane Maria - HURRICANE MARIA BECOMING A RIP CURRENT, HIGH SURF THREAT AS IT MOVES AWAY FROM THE BAHAMAS

As you can see from this image, Hurricane Maria is still blocking our Flight Route to the Islands.

We are preparing for our "Next Mission". We have 10 Air Mobile Rescuers ready to go. PLEASE PRAY about helping us fund these units.

We also have several thousand meals thanks to Bob Bostic and "Deliver The Difference".
For now we wait for Airports to OPEN and we need to verify that there will be Aviation Fuel at our destinations.

While preparing for the mission, our Local News Channel 13 did a story on our efforts.
We're THANKFUL for these stories, because they let our community know what we are doing and they in-tu our way with funding and supplies.

Here's the Channel 13 Newscast - AIR MOBILE MINISTRIES HEADING TO ISLANDS WITH FOOD AND WATER
Some of you may know a bit about my past (yes, we all have a past). Well, mine was rather bumpy and dangerous and dark BEFORE the Lord Jesus Saved me.
One person that had a major influence on my early life was "Barry Seal". He was truly BIGGER THAN LIFE in so many ways.

Well, there's a movie coming out about the life of Barry Seal and Tom Cruise is playing Barry Seal.

Our local Newspaper, Florida Today interviewed me recently and here's the story - "A MERCENARY & A MISSIONARY" - TITUSVILLE MAN RECOUNTS LIFE WITH BARRY SEAL

On September 29th, the movie "American Made" will be coming out. Here's a Trailer and Clips - "AMERICAN MADE" TRAILER & CLIPS

So, as we await Hurricane Maria to pass, we continue to PRAY and ask our Lord to lead us to the Islands where we can do the most good.

Below is Hurricane Maria's projected track -

As I say every single day and mean with all of my heart, THANK YOU for your invaluable prayer, love and support!!!

Air Mobile Joe

Last edited:
Top Bottom