Hey, I Have a Title!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Activities Manager, what is that and do we really have a need for one? Well, let's work on the first part of the question and maybe we will eventually find the answer to the second part.

Very few of us understand what Jeff does for this forum, and how much of his time it takes. Count me as one who does not understand as I always thought hosting had to do with taking coats and serving snacks and drinks. Anyway, Jeff has decided to delegate some jobs to other people and bestowed this title on me.

It will be my responsibility to oversee and help to organize fund raisers, pen swaps, blank swaps, and any other activities that may come to mind at a later date. My credentials are that I have run a few fund raisers with a fair bit of success and I helped Lance to run the recent Pen In The Hat.

Fund raisers will primarily be devoted to site support. The most recent one helped in the roll out of the new forum software. Rarely, I hope, we will have fund raisers for members in catastrophic need.

Almost without exception, I will use the raffle format for fund raisers. I will also solicit multiple donors of prizes for the raffle. It is my very firm belief that raffles are the best method for fund raising. We have members from all walks of life all over the world. Some have more disposable income than others. For this reason, I tend to avoid auctions as they price too many members out of the competition for prizes.

Raffles will be held in the following format:

1. Tickets will be $5USD per ticket or $25USD for 6 tickets.
2. Paypal is STRONGLY preferred as the method for buying tickets. It is difficult to justify giving credit for tickets bought when the check arrives in the mail after the raffle has closed.
3. All purchases of tickets must have the purchaser's IAP user name on the PayPal invoice. It is very difficult at times to track down who is buying a ticket.
4. I will make my PayPal account available as the place to purchase tickets unless someone has another idea that works better. (If you are more comfortable using your PayPal for a raffle you are running, that is great. I'll help out where needed.) This will allow me to provide daily updates of tickets purchased. I will only list names, not number of tickets purchased.
5. The ending time of the raffle will be based on the forum clock. Late entries will not be counted. At end of the raffle, I will send Jeff a check for the money raised minus PayPal fees.
6. Prizes will be assigned a number from 1 to 10 or the number of total prizes. When the raffle ends, the first ticket drawn will win prize number 1 and so on down the line until all prizes have been won.
7. Mailing of prizes to the winners will be the responsibility of the donor of the prize.
8. I am sure there are other things I have forgotten with respect to raffles.
9. All of the above is flexible and can be changed to best fit the needs of the forum and our members.

Other activities will need to be coordinated with me. Using the Moderator privileges that Jeff has allowed me makes it easier for me to post updates and needed changes.

Finally, remember, this is your forum. Please come to me with ideas to help us all make it better.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyingmelon

Activities manager?

This comment might get me kicked out of the raffles but reading that tittle the theme from the Love Boat came to mind and I thought of Julie trying to keep people happy.
Thank you for taking on this responsibility and I agree that a raffle format is better suited to include everyone.

wdcav1952

This comment might get me kicked out of the raffles but reading that tittle the theme from the Love Boat came to mind and I thought of Julie trying to keep people happy.
Thank you for taking on this responsibility and I agree that a raffle format is better suited to include everyone.

Heck Russell, I can't even seem to keep my wife happy, so I know I can't please everyone here! :eek:

Don't worry, we will let you participate in the raffles. Win anything:question: well that is another question entirely! :wink::biggrin::wink:

wdcav1952

Fishing Trip, eh?

I'll plan it for you! Just hop in the car, drive about twenty hours north, and be ready to catch a TON of fish! :D

Andrew

Andrew, that would be awesome! Since I was a kid, reading the outdoor magazines I have always wanted to fish in the northern part of Canada. For some reason, I still remember the name of Great Slave Lake in the Northwest Territories. Yes, I know it is pretty far from Ontario; I was just reliving the past. And, since I will "organize" the trip for Bob to pay for the gas, it sounds like a great idea!!

M

Mudder

You've always had a title as far as I was concerned :eek:

Just what title that is..... I cannot say on a family site :devil:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
A And, since I will "organize" the trip for Bob to pay for the gas, it sounds like a great idea!!

Sounds like the perks of the job are already starting to show! :)

Any time you want to come up, you just let me know! The fishing really is as good as they say in the magazines. I caught myself a giant 44" lake trout this year on steel line from about 100 feet deep - it was like salt-water fishing for marlin! We caught a couple of muskie last weekend, and I can limit out in Walleye inside of an hour most days!

If bass is your thing, I know a lake where you can catch them about as fast as you can get your line back in the water - no joke!

I hope to have an even better place next summer, but you're welcome to come up anytime! Mind you, you'll have to dig the hole for the boat when we go ice fishing! :biggrin:

Andrew

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I just found this thread, am I too late to sign up for the fishing trip? I got gas money if you are driving Cav. I will even supply some bait(kids are getting to me).

wdcav1952

Neil, Andrew said he could take me to a place where I could catch fish until I get too tired to continue. Unfortunately, with the way I feel lately, that would not even be a limit. It is about 1300 miles. (PA to Central LA) You sure you want to spring for gas??????

mewell

Cav - Isn't an "Activities Manager" something that is found on the Love Boat and other (in)famous cruise ships? Where's Angboy and does she know about this development?!?

Congrats, and let me know if I may be of any assistance!
Mark

Top Bottom